Incoming War Incoming

MeanAstronauts announces Incoming War, a vehicular combat game that will also incorporate builder and RTS gameplay. The game already has a Steam Listing, but does not yet carry a release date. A Gameplay Trailer accompanies the news with a look at the game in action. Here's word:
Incoming War is a vehicle simulator combining elements of a builder and real-time strategy where you become the commander for one of two belligerent robotic factions. As the main supervisor of their forces and the one in charge of a base known as "Nexus 44", you'll be fighting, collecting resources, exploring, and of course taking control of vehicles manufactured in facilities of our own making – all of this set in post-apocalyptic times.

Incoming War takes place in a very distant feature where humanity had been decimated long before and cybernetic lifeforms took over as the rulers of Earth. In the first days of the war it was man who first faced off against machine, but after humanity's defeat, the robots began to fight amongst themselves.
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Incoming War Incoming
Dec 6, 2021, 10:58
Re: Incoming War Incoming Dec 6, 2021, 10:58
Dec 6, 2021, 10:58

Jonjonz wrote on Dec 6, 2021, 06:44:
...1968's Urban Assault by Microsoft...

They released a game 8 years before they were officially founded? Was it running on a Nova, a PDP series, or something else?
"Lock the doors. Kill the light. No one's coming...home tonight. It's getting colder."

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Dec 6, 2021, 09:57
Re: Incoming War Incoming Dec 6, 2021, 09:57
Dec 6, 2021, 09:57

Blue wrote on Dec 6, 2021, 08:22:
Publishers have been trying the RTS/FPS hybrid ever since 1968's Urban Assault by Microsoft, why I don't know as none I know of were big or even average sellers. The trailer makes it look like a hybrid tower defense/FPS.
That does seem to be the history of such hybrids. The two Battlezone remakes got great reviews, but did not sell well. It's a surprise there was a sequel after the first one fared so poorly.

After the Carrier Command "remake" I doubt there is even a market for this kind of stuff left.... maybe that is just me, but I don't wanna play tower defense where I have to babysit manual controlled units AND be good at driving through absurd level geometry like in that trailer

Dec 6, 2021, 08:22
Re: Incoming War Incoming Dec 6, 2021, 08:22
Dec 6, 2021, 08:22

Publishers have been trying the RTS/FPS hybrid ever since 1968's Urban Assault by Microsoft, why I don't know as none I know of were big or even average sellers. The trailer makes it look like a hybrid tower defense/FPS.
That does seem to be the history of such hybrids. The two Battlezone remakes got great reviews, but did not sell well. It's a surprise there was a sequel after the first one fared so poorly.
Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

Dec 6, 2021, 06:44
Re: Incoming War Incoming Dec 6, 2021, 06:44
Dec 6, 2021, 06:44

"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Dec 5, 2021, 22:36
Re: Incoming War Incoming Dec 5, 2021, 22:36
Dec 5, 2021, 22:36

I'd guess most people probably don't remember Rage Software/Games and Incoming/Incoming Forces. This appears to be in the same vein as those, but with some modern gaming advances. I have no clue why anyone would resurrect that name, but I have a hard time believing its not intentional.

Dec 5, 2021, 20:14
Re: Incoming War Incoming Dec 5, 2021, 20:14
Dec 5, 2021, 20:14

Hrm, this actually looks pretty interesting, and I like the art style. That could be the worst title I've ever seen though, it must be a watered down translation or something.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older