Men of War II Announced

1C Entertainment and Best Way announce Men of War II, a World War II RTS sequel coming to Steam in 2022. The Official Reveal Trailer provides a first look. The announcement says this brings the series back to its "roots," though it doesn't go so far as to revert to the Soldiers: Heroes of World War II nomenclature. Word is:
After spawning multiple expansions and spin-offs since Men Of War’s debut, Men Of War II returns to the series’ roots to rebuild and redefine real-time strategy gameplay. The new Front Line mechanic is the bedrock of exciting dynamic encounters, where the push-and-pull of each skirmish directly affects territory borders. Manage attritional battles and break through undefended lines to advance the areas of maps under control, digging trenches and supporting troops in newly won territory.

Assume greater command of the battlefield with the enhanced Direct Vision feature to focus solely on one unit at any time and upgrade, change, or repair equipment on the fly. Level the theater of war with powerful armor and artillery capable of destroying buildings and weapon emplacements, while choosing from an arsenal including 45 battalions and more than 300 vehicles, all painstakingly designed with complete historical accuracy.

Two story campaigns – playable in single-player or up to five-player online co-op – let commanders engage in battle on both the Western and Eastern Fronts. Take control of the courageous Allied Forces pushing their way through a devastated France, and the steadfast Soviets defending their lands from the menacing Third Reich army. In returning to World War II, Best Way shines a spotlight on battles and scenarios never-before-seen in the series, with conflicts such as the Battle of the Falaise pocket and Operation Bagration.

Prepare to face enemy armies in intense bouts of all-out war in the series’ most advanced online multiplayer mode yet. Select the Allies, Soviets, or Germans and engage against other commanders’ armies. Choose from a wide range of skirmish and challenge maps, each created with strict attention to detail, making each arena authentic to the time period. Commanders can also join forces with other armies in online co-op, sending combined units against the new-and-improved AI in bloody mass combat.

The ravaged battlefields of Europe are enhanced with realistic physics and fully destructible objects, letting generals shape the warzone to their liking. Immersive sound design captures the guttural, terse, and chaotic cacophonies with lifelike explosions, the chattering of machine guns, and the treads of German Panzers. Full mod support gives commanders endless opportunities in creating new battle scenarios with a special level design and modding toolset.
View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Men of War II Announced
Nov 24, 2021, 06:56
Re: Men of War II Announced Nov 24, 2021, 06:56
Nov 24, 2021, 06:56

I hope they add some polish to the map/mission editor. It is powerful but the learning curve it pretty steep.
Some really great machima productions of this game because of that editor.

The main flaw I have found with MOWAS is the dinky map sizes, and the PR for this new foray says zip about larger maps, while the video conveniently avoids camera angles that show the map borders.

Also I just don't get this "stick first person into RTS and Tower Defense games" crap. Next thing you know they will tack on parkour challenges.

"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Nov 24, 2021, 04:01
Rilcon

Re: Men of War II Announced Nov 24, 2021, 04:01
Nov 24, 2021, 04:01
 Rilcon

I loved these games, were like Hidden & Dangerous as an RTS. Didn't play the latest few, though.

Hopefully this one's good.

Nov 23, 2021, 22:52
Re: Men of War II Announced Nov 23, 2021, 22:52
Nov 23, 2021, 22:52

Meh, I will wait for more gameplay videos. I loved the early games, and MoW:AS2 is great, but then they made Call to Arms, and made a shitty game and emphasized the first person view for some mind boggling reason.

So I'm tentatively interested. Hopefully they learned their lesson from the bad reviews and reception of Call to Arms.

Nov 23, 2021, 22:07
Re: Men of War II Announced Nov 23, 2021, 22:07
Nov 23, 2021, 22:07

WannaLogAlready wrote on Nov 23, 2021, 20:52:
theglaze wrote on Nov 23, 2021, 19:08:
Hanley wrote on Nov 23, 2021, 18:59:
I hope this is like the originals + Assault Squad
Which is on sale with Steam for a few more hours.

Good to buy :
Men of War Assault Squad 2 Gold Edition Deluxe + Airborne DLC + Iron Fist DLC.

Bad to buy:
- DLC, Ostfront Veteranen, no missions, just re-skinnings, better free fan mods.
- DLC, Men of War Origins, 2016, and no user reviews yet !

- Assault Squad 2 Cold War, *full game standalone*, 22%,799 reviews, bad.
Playable only with fan mods and if it was on sale, and it's not now.

That is a very concise summation, and I agree. Been with the series for a long time, but they really went off the rails with some of the AS2 DLC. Hopefully they get the game back on track with the new version.

Nov 23, 2021, 20:52
Re: Men of War II Announced Nov 23, 2021, 20:52
Nov 23, 2021, 20:52

theglaze wrote on Nov 23, 2021, 19:08:

Good to buy :
Men of War Assault Squad 2 Gold Edition Deluxe + Airborne DLC + Iron Fist DLC.

Bad to buy:
- DLC, Ostfront Veteranen, no missions, just re-skinnings, better free fan mods.
- DLC, Men of War Origins, 2016, and no user reviews yet !

- Assault Squad 2 Cold War, *full game standalone*, 22%,799 reviews, bad.
Playable only with fan mods and if it was on sale, and it's not now.

Nov 23, 2021, 19:08
Re: Men of War II Announced Nov 23, 2021, 19:08
Nov 23, 2021, 19:08

Nov 23, 2021, 19:06
Re: Men of War II Announced Nov 23, 2021, 19:06
Nov 23, 2021, 19:06

Gameplay looks rudimentary, but in a pleasant way. I'm not familiar with the series.

Nov 23, 2021, 18:59
Re: Men of War II Announced Nov 23, 2021, 18:59
Nov 23, 2021, 18:59

I hope this is like the originals + Assault Squad and not like Gates of Hell. The first/third person stuff is janky as fuck and detracts from what makes RTS games good in the first place.
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older