8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Multiplex
Nov 24, 2021, 17:40
Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 24, 2021, 17:40
Nov 24, 2021, 17:40

Ooh, Steam fall sale just started and Battlestar Galactica game is -80% off at $7.99 US.

Terminator Resistance is 50% off.

Nov 23, 2021, 23:41
Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 23, 2021, 23:41
Nov 23, 2021, 23:41

Hm. Moddb says that they archived everything and took down the page for War of the Machines.

Not sure if that's because it's from 2003 or because movie studios tend to step in and squash game mods related to IP in their films.

I just got nailed by that a couple years ago right after people were starting to figure out how to mod Battlestar Galactica Deadlock. The studio stepped in and forced the developers to alter the game to monkey wrench mods. Galactica is not a bad game, by the way. Sales can be up to 80% off. However, they keep jacking up the price for some reason even though it's 4 years old. Half of the vids on their Steam page are from crappy pre-alpha versions and are nothing like the final game. The ships usually aren't so close to each other. The game also looks much much better.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2021, 17:42.

Nov 23, 2021, 23:15
Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 23, 2021, 23:15
Nov 23, 2021, 23:15

I heard that it can be a bit tricky to get it to run these days.

The graphics are ok but starting to look slightly dated now.

The bots work but they aren't nearly as good as more modern ones. They were pretty basic even for 2003. The later patch improved them but they still weren't great. The developers were very good but they had the project yanked out from under them, packaged, and sold while they were still working on it. If they'd have allowed to finish it properly, this would have been an amazing game.

I doubt that there is still much of an online community for it.

It was great then but I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it these days.

Nov 23, 2021, 22:44
Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 23, 2021, 22:44
Nov 23, 2021, 22:44

Bent wrote on Nov 23, 2021, 12:30:
There was a mostly ignored multiplayer game years ago set in the resistance/terminator world. War of the Machines.

It was supposed to also include a single player campaign but that was gutted out at the last minute and parts of it were added to some other Terminator game. I think the other was was for consoles.

War of the Machines could still be played with bots. Players could be either terminators or resistance. The maps were great. A patch fixed some of the issues with it eventually.

I liked it. There was even a mod community for it. It ran on a heavily modified form of the old Battlefield engine but the tools could still be used.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
β€œThe problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Nov 23, 2021, 16:00
Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 23, 2021, 16:00
Nov 23, 2021, 16:00

Terminator Resistance is why you shouldn't always trust big review outlets and that's the crux of the issue unless you're willing to look past the surface which most simply may not do. It doesn't help that the developers released awful, awful games in the past either.

It's a very, very faithful entry in to the series and in spite of the shortcomings it's easily one of the more memorable shooters I've had the pleasure to play in quite some time up until that point. I'd even dare say it's one of the best Terminator entries since T2.

The crafting system is pretty shallow, the talent tree is pretty basic, and the locations are by no means complex but it has an interesting story, a choice system which has some fun outcomes and the atmosphere is created in great detail reminiscent of the future war scenes as well as terrific implementation of the sounds we are familiar with.

Even if this is "more or less the same" which seems to be the case I still greatly look forward to it and it really makes me wonder what they're going to do with the Robocop license.

Nov 23, 2021, 12:30
Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 23, 2021, 12:30
Nov 23, 2021, 12:30

There was a mostly ignored multiplayer game years ago set in the resistance/terminator world. War of the Machines.

It was supposed to also include a single player campaign but that was gutted out at the last minute and parts of it were added to some other Terminator game. I think the other was was for consoles.

War of the Machines could still be played with bots. Players could be either terminators or resistance. The maps were great. A patch fixed some of the issues with it eventually.

I liked it. There was even a mod community for it. It ran on a heavily modified form of the old Battlefield engine but the tools could still be used.

Nov 23, 2021, 12:12
Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 23, 2021, 12:12
Nov 23, 2021, 12:12

Thanks BoP, added to my cheapshark list.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Nov 23, 2021, 11:28
Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 23, 2021, 11:28
Nov 23, 2021, 11:28

I really do like Terminator: Resistance. Is it a AAA game? No, but then it doesn't pretend to be, either. What it is, however, is fun. It's a much less complicated shooter that gives you an interesting "day in the life" view of the lore of a Resistance soldier. If you're looking for an enjoyable shooter without needing to know about classes, abilities, special super-mega-gold skins, and "perfect" builds, you might like this.
"Lock the doors. Kill the light. No one's coming...home tonight. It's getting colder."

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older