Diablo II: Resurrected Update Plans

A post from Blizzard has the latest on efforts to address problems with Diablo II: Resurrected. Here's word on plans to roll out server changes to alleviate database stress and a client patch to improve the experience of waiting to join servers in the action/RPG remake:
We wanted to provide an update on all the work the dev team has been putting in on addressing some of the database issues that we detailed in our post above a couple of weeks ago.

As we mentioned in our last update, character saves have been occurring on the global database. Next week, our internal teams will begin testing a significant change by having saves occur more often on the regional end, rather than global, in hopes of alleviating some database stress. Once our internal load testing is complete, we will put up a PTR server with this fix to get some real-world testing before rolling out to the live game.

On top of that, we have another client patch that we expect to hit next week which will offer better transparency on queue times by adding time estimates alongside your placement in the queue. We will also be implementing a way to rate limit games with varying times to ensure we can get higher amounts of players in during peak playing periods. This change will also give us a better way to adjust the number of players that can jump into the game during these moments.

Lastly, we have some significant updates coming to the game in terms of bug fixes and features, and we are looking forward to going over all of those updates with you soon.

Thank you again for all your patience as you venture your way back into Hell in Diablo II: Resurrected. We will continue to provide updates when available.
View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Update Plans
Oct 31, 2021, 20:34
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Update Plans Oct 31, 2021, 20:34
Oct 31, 2021, 20:34

Kajetan wrote on Oct 30, 2021, 06:23:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 30, 2021, 01:10:
Play offline, no B.net, no queue, no lag.
And you can mod the game to your delight. Waiting impatiently for MedianXL being ported to Ressurected.

Won't be able to play that online though, since they removed TCP/IP support.

Oct 30, 2021, 09:27
PHJF

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Update Plans Oct 30, 2021, 09:27
Oct 30, 2021, 09:27
 PHJF

I haven't noticed anything since I charged back my purchase a few weeks ago... No email saying they banned my account or anything.
Steam + PSN: PHJF

Oct 30, 2021, 06:23
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Update Plans Oct 30, 2021, 06:23
Oct 30, 2021, 06:23

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 30, 2021, 01:10:
And you can mod the game to your delight. Waiting impatiently for MedianXL being ported to Ressurected.

Oct 30, 2021, 05:04
El Pit

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Update Plans Oct 30, 2021, 05:04
Oct 30, 2021, 05:04
 El Pit

...which will offer better transparency on queue times by adding time estimates alongside your placement in the queue...

That is what the buyers wanted. Nicer queue infos. They do not want more servers to actually play the game they have bought, no, they want more infos on queuing.
Blizzard, just die. Just go away. You are actually already dead. Please accept it and put yourself 6 ft under.

Oh, also with Diablo IV being heavly stuffed with online components, you are not making buyers interested in it with QUEUING FOR A GAME.

People, don't buy D4. Please don't. You won't be able to play it for hours each day. Buyer beware.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Oct 30, 2021, 01:10
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Update Plans Oct 30, 2021, 01:10
Oct 30, 2021, 01:10

Ant wrote on Oct 29, 2021, 21:50:
This is why I don't like this required Battle.net server service.

Oct 29, 2021, 21:50
Ant

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Update Plans Oct 29, 2021, 21:50
Oct 29, 2021, 21:50
 Ant

This is why I don't like this required Battle.net server service.

Oct 29, 2021, 19:31
Cram

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Update Plans Oct 29, 2021, 19:31
Oct 29, 2021, 19:31
 Cram

This is just all pathetic, and reading all the purists and people that pre-ordered this shit defend it bothers the hell out of me. They're giving it a pass because it's Diablo 2.

Trainwreck.
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older