Ubisoft Financials; The Division Heartland and Sands of Time Remake Delayed

Ubisoft has released its latest earnings report, rounding up financial results from the first half of fiscal 2021-2022. This includes positive trends for monthly unique players, net bookings, and back-catalogue sales. The company also states that in less than a year, Assassin's Creed Valhalla is now the second largest profit-generating game in company history and Far Cry 6 play-time is up over Far Cry 5. The follow-up Conference Call for investors included a few more tidbits, such as word that Assassin's Creed Infinity will not be a free to play game and that The Division Heartland and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake are delayed into the fiscal year ending March 2023. Here's the included message from the boss:
Yves Guillemot, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, said “The industry is thriving and quickly evolving, offering us new challenges and opportunities. Players have a deeper impact on the worlds they are engaging with, and technological breakthroughs are opening up promising new avenues. Against this favorable backdrop, we continue to invest to bring our biggest franchises and new brands to a significantly wider audience. Our roadmap is impressive, with our talented teams developing an ambitious, diverse and exciting slate of games for the coming years. With our rich IP portfolio, cutting-edge technologies, thriving recurring revenues and strong balance sheet, we will deliver meaningful value for players, our teams and our shareholders.”
View : : :
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Ubisoft Financials; The Division Heartland and Sands of Time Remake Delayed
Oct 29, 2021, 09:43
Re: Ubisoft Financials; The Division Heartland and Sands of Time Remake Delayed Oct 29, 2021, 09:43
Oct 29, 2021, 09:43

I was in the Alpha/ Beta of Heartland ... and really,..it would not be necessary for UBI to make this an entire new game. It can very easily just be a DLC Expansion pack of Division 2 .
It is pretty much the exact same thing , only in a different area , a few differences in gameplay/ environment/ etc... very easily explained with a side story cutscene.

That would keep your current player base intact - switch between game modes , as wanted , .etc...

Oct 29, 2021, 01:57
Re: Ubisoft Financials; The Division Heartland and Sands of Time Remake Delayed Oct 29, 2021, 01:57
Oct 29, 2021, 01:57

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 29, 2021, 01:39:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 29, 2021, 01:04:
It depends (on Heartland). Ubi has always been behind the ball when it comes to multiplayer. And it appears they have stepped up their online ability to have more then 4-8 playing together (Rider's Republic is amazing in how many people you can see on the map and then actually go see what they are doing). If they can take say a game like Ghost Recon Breakpoint, marry it with decent multiplayer code, you could have something very special in the vein of Arma 3. And it would also setup GR Breakpoint to be a decent BR game.

Forget BR, large scale multiplayer does not have to be PVP. I've been waiting decades for a good shooter with some MMO structure to it. That's why I like The Division so much, but the only time you see lots of other players is standing around in a base hub... Tabula Rasa is the closest there's been, I remember some pretty epic PVE battles almost like what you see in Guild Wars 2 with its open world events. But the tech wasn't there yet for some really good combat mechanics, you could free-look and shoot but it relied on auto aim for most weapons, so it was like a weird blend that not enough shooter fans or MMO fans really liked. If Ubi put 64+ players on that Breakpoint map and got a little creative with how the AI factions can put up a good turf war, it'd be solid gold.

That's why I was saying Arma 3, as you will have large full scale conflicts with 40+ people.
As for NPC AI, that is something that has been sorely lacking from Ubi games for a long time, and was beyond brain dead in Breakpoint. The question that should be asked is in a game like Ghost Recon where you can down a target from several hundred meters away... do you make the AI super-human aware, or a very robust "check in" system so other NPC's are aware of what's going on and respond. Or maybe even use their Drone fly-over system, or even combine it with say perimeter sensor system. The easiest way I could see implementing it is removing 1 shot kills, and NPC's going into a fall and scream alert system.

As for BR, Breakpoint would be a pretty solid map and game mechanics for that sort of gameplay.

Oct 29, 2021, 01:39
Re: Ubisoft Financials; The Division Heartland and Sands of Time Remake Delayed Oct 29, 2021, 01:39
Oct 29, 2021, 01:39

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 29, 2021, 01:04:
It depends (on Heartland). Ubi has always been behind the ball when it comes to multiplayer. And it appears they have stepped up their online ability to have more then 4-8 playing together (Rider's Republic is amazing in how many people you can see on the map and then actually go see what they are doing). If they can take say a game like Ghost Recon Breakpoint, marry it with decent multiplayer code, you could have something very special in the vein of Arma 3. And it would also setup GR Breakpoint to be a decent BR game.

Forget BR, large scale multiplayer does not have to be PVP. I've been waiting decades for a good shooter with some MMO structure to it. That's why I like The Division so much, but the only time you see lots of other players is standing around in a base hub... Tabula Rasa is the closest there's been, I remember some pretty epic PVE battles almost like what you see in Guild Wars 2 with its open world events. But the tech wasn't there yet for some really good combat mechanics, you could free-look and shoot but it relied on auto aim for most weapons, so it was like a weird blend that not enough shooter fans or MMO fans really liked. If Ubi put 64+ players on that Breakpoint map and got a little creative with how the AI factions can put up a good turf war, it'd be solid gold.

Oct 29, 2021, 01:04
Re: Ubisoft Financials; The Division Heartland and Sands of Time Remake Delayed Oct 29, 2021, 01:04
Oct 29, 2021, 01:04

Oct 28, 2021, 20:40
Re: Ubisoft Financials; The Division Heartland and Sands of Time Remake Delayed Oct 28, 2021, 20:40
Oct 28, 2021, 20:40

Well, The Division Heartland is going to fail horribly, although I'm sure any remake of any halfway popular game will do okay.
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older