Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is now available for Windows on Steam, offering the chance to head into space with the titular team of heroes. Or as Groot explains: "I am Groot." Here's the recently released Launch Trailer, and here's what you need to know:
Fire up a wild ride across the cosmos with a fresh take on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. In this third-person action-adventure game, you are Star-Lord, and thanks to your bold yet questionable leadership, you have persuaded an oddball crew of unlikely heroes to join you. Some jerk (surely not you) has set off a chain of catastrophic events, and only you can hold the unpredictable Guardians together long enough to fight off total interplanetary meltdown. Use Element Blasters, tag-team beat downs, jet boot-powered dropkicks, nothing’s off-limits.

If you think it’s all going to plan, you’re in for a world of surprises, with the consequences of your actions guaranteed to keep the Guardians on their toes. In this original Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy story, you’ll cross paths with powerful new beings and unique takes on iconic characters, all caught in a struggle for the galaxy’s fate. It’s time to show the universe what you’re made of.
View : : :
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches
Oct 28, 2021, 10:29
Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches Oct 28, 2021, 10:29
Oct 28, 2021, 10:29

Nullity wrote on Oct 28, 2021, 09:23:
Quinn wrote on Oct 28, 2021, 08:34:
... the non-stop banter in this game is a fucking achievement that deserves a medal and it is funny as hell and oooozes individual character per hero.
This. The characters all constantly interact with each other, without any interaction or trigger by you (Peter), in an extremely real and fluid manner. The first time I got control of Quill on the Milano, I spent an inordinate amount of time just wandering around checking things out, taking in the amazing graphics, etc. The whole time, the other characters were having discussions with each other. Rocket and Drax are arguing about something, and Gamora overhears while up in the cockpit and shouts back a quip or corrects Rocket on some boastfully exaggerated detail. After I was done exploring, I just stopped and listened for awhile. They all kept talking with one another about various things, and nothing ever repeated.

They also do react to your actions in natural ways as well. At one point in the first chapter, we came to a fork in the path and Rocket stops for a second, takes a look around, and says (paraphrasing) "Pretty sure that's a dead-end, it's this way". You reply, "How can you know that?", and he responds, "Just trust me" while Groot follows him off in that direction. But if you go the direction he said was wrong, he starts making fun of you and says, "You happy Quill? You found the thing I told you wasn't there, but you didn't listen". And then as you're retracing your steps, he continues, "That's it, walk of shame". The thing is, this interaction only occurs if Rocket can physically see you over there. If you don't go all the way to the end to where there's line-of-sight, or turn around before he notices, it doesn't play out.

It all makes for a very immersive experience.

The only small negative I have so far at this point is that sometimes during conversations, you only have so long to respond with a choice. I understand why they do that, it keeps the conversation flowing in a natural manner, but I wish they gave just a little more time for me to consider my options before deciding.

Haha yesss yes yes, perfect example! There's another such moment a chapter later where I went off-track to look for resources. And there goes Rocket! "Look at him going his own way again. 'Oh come look guys! Look at this awesome pile of scrap guys!'" And Peter responds with "I can hear you downwind, you know.."
And Rocket repeats him with a whiny voice to annoy him. Gamora reacts by laughing at the back-and-forth.
Of course I was paraphrasing too, but man I had a big HUGE smile on my face the entire time.
Currently playing: Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate Daemonhunters, Evil Dead: The Game, Sea of Thieves, Ragnarock, Beat Saber

Oct 28, 2021, 09:23
Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches Oct 28, 2021, 09:23
Oct 28, 2021, 09:23

Quinn wrote on Oct 28, 2021, 08:34:
... the non-stop banter in this game is a fucking achievement that deserves a medal and it is funny as hell and oooozes individual character per hero.
This. The characters all constantly interact with each other, without any interaction or trigger by you (Peter), in an extremely real and fluid manner. The first time I got control of Quill on the Milano, I spent an inordinate amount of time just wandering around checking things out, taking in the amazing graphics, etc. The whole time, the other characters were having discussions with each other. Rocket and Drax are arguing about something, and Gamora overhears while up in the cockpit and shouts back a quip or corrects Rocket on some boastfully exaggerated detail. After I was done exploring, I just stopped and listened for awhile. They all kept talking with one another about various things, and nothing ever repeated.

They also do react to your actions in natural ways as well. At one point in the first chapter, we came to a fork in the path and Rocket stops for a second, takes a look around, and says (paraphrasing) "Pretty sure that's a dead-end, it's this way". You reply, "How can you know that?", and he responds, "Just trust me" while Groot follows him off in that direction. But if you go the direction he said was wrong, he starts making fun of you and says, "You happy Quill? You found the thing I told you wasn't there, but you didn't listen". And then as you're retracing your steps, he continues, "That's it, walk of shame". The thing is, this interaction only occurs if Rocket can physically see you over there. If you don't go all the way to the end to where there's line-of-sight, or turn around before he notices, it doesn't play out.

It all makes for a very immersive experience.

The only small negative I have so far at this point is that sometimes during conversations, you only have so long to respond with a choice. I understand why they do that, it keeps the conversation flowing in a natural manner, but I wish they gave just a little more time for me to consider my options before deciding.
Buy/HODL AMC! (Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor / this is not financial advice)

Oct 28, 2021, 08:34
Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches Oct 28, 2021, 08:34
Oct 28, 2021, 08:34

Annnd another review from WaB that shows he has fallen from grace. This guy should stop reviewing high budget games because the moment it's tripple-A this guy loses all reason.

His complaints are fucking ridiculous, he (pretends?) he doesn't remember the names of the heroes so he calls Drax the muscled guy, Gamora the woman with the sword, Rocket the little snorty dude... Just fuck off, Mack 🤣 And the moment he lost all credibility was when he complained about the banter being "cringy". It's all subjective, sure, but the non-stop banter in this game is a fucking achievement that deserves a medal and it is funny as hell and oooozes individual character per hero. I liked the heroes in the movie, but I fucking love them in the game.
And Mack is a acting idiot catering to the whining bitches that have become the core of his fanbase. These aren't gamers anymore.
Currently playing: Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate Daemonhunters, Evil Dead: The Game, Sea of Thieves, Ragnarock, Beat Saber

Oct 27, 2021, 16:55
Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches Oct 27, 2021, 16:55
Oct 27, 2021, 16:55

Just finished chapter 1. I totally agree with Quinn, this game is great so far.
Buy/HODL AMC! (Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor / this is not financial advice)

Oct 27, 2021, 15:09
Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches Oct 27, 2021, 15:09
Oct 27, 2021, 15:09

Except everything I’ve said is true. I’ve spent more time watching cut scenes and walking to the next battle arena then actually doing anything but choosing one of three possible responses. The number of QTE’s following a lengthy non-skippable cut scene are numerous and if you fail the QTE it’s reload and watch the cut scene yet again. That gets old.

Oct 27, 2021, 13:26
Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches Oct 27, 2021, 13:26
Oct 27, 2021, 13:26

This game is probably my GOTY and I decided this a mere 20 minutes into the game. My god this game is fun and the banter between the Guardians is just non-stop good comedy! Combat has a good flow and the "ultimate" is crazy cool. Oh and man that soundtrack is a 10/10. I fucking love this game so far!

Penfo1d wrote on Oct 27, 2021, 11:48:
If you are looking for a “Choose your own adventure” animated movie full of quick time events that you have to figure out 10 seconds after the non-skippable 3 minute cut scene, this is the “game” for you.

Some people here, I swear...

If you care so little about games that instead of proper research you choose to instead just bitch about a game, please just find another hobby and take that negativity with you as you leave. This lesson goes out to everyone here who recognizes that temptation to bitch above all else.

Oct 27, 2021, 12:48
Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches Oct 27, 2021, 12:48
Oct 27, 2021, 12:48

Penfo1d wrote on Oct 27, 2021, 11:48:
If you are looking for a “Choose your own adventure” animated movie full of quick time events that you have to figure out 10 seconds after the non-skippable 3 minute cut scene, this is the “game” for you.
It doesn't seem to be like that at all.

So I watched the SkillUp review, and I'm totally sold. It looks like they focused on what I was looking for and the writing, story, characters, animations, environments, and graphics are all top-notch. He said they combat isn't bad and he generally found it enjoyable, but they definitely could have done more with it. I'll definitely be picking this up.

Oct 27, 2021, 11:48
Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches Oct 27, 2021, 11:48
Oct 27, 2021, 11:48

Oct 27, 2021, 11:36
Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches Oct 27, 2021, 11:36
Oct 27, 2021, 11:36

Bill Borre wrote on Oct 26, 2021, 18:38:
I want to unlock skins for the original Guardians. I had a fetish for Nikki's flaming hair when I was a kid.

LOL I haven't kept up with Marvel Comics since they did the reboot, so imagine my surprise when I had no clue who the hell these "fake Guardians" were

Oct 27, 2021, 09:09
Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches Oct 27, 2021, 09:09
Oct 27, 2021, 09:09

This looks like it could be decent. I'm a huge GotG fan, so I'm actually more interested in the story and character interactions than the gameplay/combat (though of course, I hope that is good as well). But the various trailers seem to show that they've captured this well.

Also, I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet, but SkillUp looks to have given it a favorable review.

Oct 27, 2021, 00:16
Kxmode

Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches Oct 27, 2021, 00:16
Oct 27, 2021, 00:16
 Kxmode

Me: What percentage?
Square-Enix: I dunno... Twelve percent?
Me: Twelve percent? 😆
Square-Enix: That's a fake laugh.
Me: It's real!
Square-Enix: Totally fake!
Me: That is the most real, authentic, hysterical laugh of my entire life because THAT IS NOT A DISCOUNT!*

*I want a 50%+ discount
"The present is a veil between anticipation and horror. Lift the veil... and madness may follow." source

Oct 26, 2021, 18:38
Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Launches Oct 26, 2021, 18:38
Oct 26, 2021, 18:38

I want to unlock skins for the original Guardians. I had a fetish for Nikki's flaming hair when I was a kid.
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older