A Quiet Place Announced

Saber Interactive, iLLOGIKA, and EP1T0ME announce A Quiet Place, a single-player horror/adventure game based on the horror movie and its sequel. Details are scant for now, and more is promised later this year. The game does already have accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, as well as an official website, all of which list a 2022 release window. Here's word:
This first official video game set in the terrifying A Quiet Place universe will deliver an original story and gameplay that captures the compelling suspense, emotion and drama for which the series is famous. The game is in development by iLLOGIKA, the Montreal-based studio with veteran talent from the Rainbow Six and Far Cry franchises, and published by Saber Interactive, the Embracer Group company behind the hit game World War Z and the upcoming Evil Dead: The Game.

“The A Quiet Place video game will let fans experience the tension of the films with a level of immersion they’ve never felt before,” said Hervé Sliwa, Creative Director at iLLOGIKA. “We’re excited to work with EP1T0ME and to team up with Saber Interactive to share this unique vision of hope and horror with players everywhere in the future.”

“The amazing success of the A Quiet Place movies makes it clear audiences are hungry for more adventures in this universe, and iLLOGIKA is creating their own truly engaging experience that lives up to the name of this beloved property. We are proud to say that A Quiet Place is the first game we will be releasing by an external studio from the growing Saber publishing label,” said Todd Hollenshead, Head of Publishing at Saber Interactive.
View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: A Quiet Place Announced
Oct 26, 2021, 14:22
Re: A Quiet Place Announced Oct 26, 2021, 14:22
Oct 26, 2021, 14:22

Ginny wrote on Oct 26, 2021, 12:54:
I just don't get this. After 6 years of VR being available, they still tout the immersion like never before.... On a monitor:|

Probably because less than 2% of Steam users have a VR headset.

Just a wild ass guess on my part.
"Lock the doors. Kill the light. No one's coming...home tonight. It's getting colder."

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Oct 26, 2021, 14:08
Re: A Quiet Place Announced Oct 26, 2021, 14:08
Oct 26, 2021, 14:08

Bleh. I haven't seen the second movie, as it went to theaters directly during the pandemic (fuck that) and isn't yet included on any normal streaming service without additional payment... but the first one had enough logical failures that I'm not expecting a decent game to be made out of it. Stay quiet, then stun enemies and shoot them in the mouth? Times 9000? The logic of the universe doesn't seem like it'll make a decent game, let alone a good one.

Oct 26, 2021, 13:08
El Pit

Re: A Quiet Place Announced Oct 26, 2021, 13:08
Oct 26, 2021, 13:08
 El Pit

While being quite exciting, the screenplay of the first movie already made the people do a lot of stupid things (which they had to do because otherwise they would not have had trouble with the monsters and the movie would not have been exciting, I know, I know). The 2nd movie though... Oh my. Stupid and (mostly) boring.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Oct 26, 2021, 12:54
Re: A Quiet Place Announced Oct 26, 2021, 12:54
Oct 26, 2021, 12:54

“The A Quiet Place video game will let fans experience the tension of the films with a level of immersion they’ve never felt before,”

I just don't get this. After 6 years of VR being available, they still tout the immersion like never before.... On a monitor:|

Oct 26, 2021, 11:52
Re: A Quiet Place Announced Oct 26, 2021, 11:52
Oct 26, 2021, 11:52

one day perhaps humans will learn to stop ruining a good thing for more money. Until then.. Let's daaance!

/where's my footloose gif

Oct 26, 2021, 11:42
Re: A Quiet Place Announced Oct 26, 2021, 11:42
Oct 26, 2021, 11:42

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 26, 2021, 11:30:
"upcoming sequel"?

They're making a third one? I certainly hope that it is better than the second one.
Ooops. Crap sequel awareness fail. Fixed that. Thanks for the heads-up.
Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

Oct 26, 2021, 11:30
Re: A Quiet Place Announced Oct 26, 2021, 11:30
Oct 26, 2021, 11:30

"upcoming sequel"?

They're making a third one? I certainly hope that it is better than the second one.
"Lock the doors. Kill the light. No one's coming...home tonight. It's getting colder."

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older