Publisher Tripwire Interactive and publisher Torn Banner Studios announces a new
content update is now available for free for owners of
, the melee combat sequel. This is for both PC and consoles, and
the Windows edition is now on the
Epic Games Store
Among other things, this also kicks off the game's Halloween event. All that's
new is shown off in this
, and here's a rundown:
Chivalry 2: Fight Knight update
key features include:
- Brawl Mode and Maps: Leave your weapons at the door for the
all-new brawl mode designed to capture the rowdy and chaotic feel of a
tavern brawl. Take a seat! Literally. And then smash someone’s face with it!
- Two Brawl Maps: Up to 40 players can join the fray in The Great Hall
and Rudhelm Feast.
- Found Objects: Players can pick up and wield just about anything
they can find across the map. Embrace the chaos and grab chairs, beer
steins, rolling pins, sausages, and giant fish to beat down your rivals!
- Last Team Standing Mode: Players looking for more realistic team
battles can expect the return of top-requested mode from the original
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare! Stakes are high, as these 40-player battles have
no respawns. The last team/person standing is crowned as the winning team.
- Headbutt Combat: It’s only a flesh wound! Chivalry 2’s limb loss
combat system sees the most brutal and outrageous update yet. Now, when a
player has lost both limbs in combat, they can execute an arm-less headbutt
attack for a last chance at taking down an opponent before bleeding out.
- Rapier Weapon: This new fencing weapon type also introduces a new
swashbuckling combat style with more focus on fast-movements and flourishes.
- Halloween Event: Running from Oct. 26 through Nov. 7, players can
look forward to Chivalry 2’s first-ever seasonal event with new cosmetics,
like the pumpkinhelm, and Halloween themed decorations and interactive
objects, like giant Jack O Lanterns that can be weaponized.
- Rudhelm Siege, Dark Forest, Great Hall (Brawl mode), and Wardenglade
(Free-for-All and Last Team Standing modes) will feature these
limited-time Halloween decorations.
- Arena Mode Improvements: New improvements to Arena include an
offline practice mode for teams to hone their skills and teamwork as well as
overall polish improvements, including a new winner’s podium cutscene.
- Armory Updates: In addition to the new Rapier weapon, players can
all look forward to a wide array of new cosmetics and skins to unlock,
including armor sets, new female armor skins, new helmet skins, new weapon
skins, and even a fancy mustache!