Re: Morning Metaverse
Oct 26, 2021, 17:19
Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 26, 2021, 17:19
Oct 26, 2021, 17:19

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 26, 2021, 16:00:
Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 26, 2021, 13:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 26, 2021, 11:48:
/me uninstalls photoshop

I've uninstalled a year ago and have never looked back. Aside from Adobe Cloud being ridiculously expensive, have you noticed all the background services that Adobe installs and are always running? I think the last time I counted it was 13, and Adobe has admitted that some of it is telemetry. I've purchased Affinity Photo for Photoshop replacement and DaVinci Resolve for Premiere replacement and never been happier. Both are really low cost but in many ways, BETTER than what Adobe has to offer (e.g. less crashing, less bloat, no subscription, etc). I've found that both apps are much easier to use and way more streamlined (e.g. no need for a separate After Effects app since Fusion is built into DaVinci). I just think people are afraid of changing because they've invested so much time into learning Adobe, and they feel they're throwing away their knowledge. I honestly felt that way too, but considering all the tutorials avail on youtube, you can be up and running with both in no time! That's the difference between now and 8 years ago. Plus, much of the general photo editing and video editing knowledge you've gained from Adobe can be applied to the other apps

I've been using Affinity Photo for a few months now, and only thing that really bugs me is that I lose so much integration with 3d-apps and custom plugins that it really hurts - but it's a small price to pay as you say... I have not updated or bought anything from Adobe since 2018 (so I am on Photoshop CC 2018) but some jobs require the cloud bullshit nowadays and I am half-tempted to just yeet those jobs in the bin. If Adobe thinks putting my unique Adobe ID into every art-work I post on the internet is somehow a good idea then that is instant goodbye, since I often have to share the PSD's, and how exactly do I prevent someone who buys my artwork with NFT exluding license to then make a NFT out of it with an apparently legit ID? Exactly... it's a stupid AF idea from Adobe, and makes the situation with NFT's EVEN WORSE since you can just open my PSD's from 2018 in this new version and post them as NFT despite me never giving that permission. I am actually baffled how stupid Adobe is here.

Yes, Adobe has cornered the market so definitely a lot more 3rd party support. But I think they've been slipping for several years as competition rises (Skylum is starting to make them look bad). When companies rest on their laurels, quality decreases, support gets really bad, and new features start to suck. That's what I'm seeing with Adobe. For my needs, the 2 apps I've mentioned is all I need (as a content creator). What's amazing is that many people never even heard or gave Affinity or DaVinci a second thought because they're so wrapped in Adobe's ecosystem. What they don't realize is that they can get 90% (if not 100%) of the features they need from the competition at a fraction of the cost. Go figure

Oct 26, 2021, 16:00
Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 26, 2021, 16:00
Oct 26, 2021, 16:00

Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 26, 2021, 13:07:
/me uninstalls photoshop

I've uninstalled a year ago and have never looked back. Aside from Adobe Cloud being ridiculously expensive, have you noticed all the background services that Adobe installs and are always running? I think the last time I counted it was 13, and Adobe has admitted that some of it is telemetry. I've purchased Affinity Photo for Photoshop replacement and DaVinci Resolve for Premiere replacement and never been happier. Both are really low cost but in many ways, BETTER than what Adobe has to offer (e.g. less crashing, less bloat, no subscription, etc). I've found that both apps are much easier to use and way more streamlined (e.g. no need for a separate After Effects app since Fusion is built into DaVinci). I just think people are afraid of changing because they've invested so much time into learning Adobe, and they feel they're throwing away their knowledge. I honestly felt that way too, but considering all the tutorials avail on youtube, you can be up and running with both in no time! That's the difference between now and 8 years ago. Plus, much of the general photo editing and video editing knowledge you've gained from Adobe can be applied to the other apps

I've been using Affinity Photo for a few months now, and only thing that really bugs me is that I lose so much integration with 3d-apps and custom plugins that it really hurts - but it's a small price to pay as you say... I have not updated or bought anything from Adobe since 2018 (so I am on Photoshop CC 2018) but some jobs require the cloud bullshit nowadays and I am half-tempted to just yeet those jobs in the bin. If Adobe thinks putting my unique Adobe ID into every art-work I post on the internet is somehow a good idea then that is instant goodbye, since I often have to share the PSD's, and how exactly do I prevent someone who buys my artwork with NFT exluding license to then make a NFT out of it with an apparently legit ID? Exactly... it's a stupid AF idea from Adobe, and makes the situation with NFT's EVEN WORSE since you can just open my PSD's from 2018 in this new version and post them as NFT despite me never giving that permission. I am actually baffled how stupid Adobe is here.

Oct 26, 2021, 13:07
Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 26, 2021, 13:07
Oct 26, 2021, 13:07

/me uninstalls photoshop

Re: How much ¢
Oct 26, 2021, 13:03
Re: How much ¢ Oct 26, 2021, 13:03
Oct 26, 2021, 13:03

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 26, 2021, 12:16:
A link to buy a serial killer, let me guess, is it from Amazon.

OK by me so long as I can get next day delivery.
"Lock the doors. Kill the light. No one's coming...home tonight. It's getting colder."

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

How much ¢
Oct 26, 2021, 12:16
How much ¢ Oct 26, 2021, 12:16
Oct 26, 2021, 12:16

A link to buy a serial killer, let me guess, is it from Amazon.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Oct 26, 2021, 11:48
Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 26, 2021, 11:48
Oct 26, 2021, 11:48

/me uninstalls photoshop

Oct 26, 2021, 11:41
Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 26, 2021, 11:41
Oct 26, 2021, 11:41

His response was definitely brilliant!