2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: 12 Things We No Longer Do Thanks to Modern Technology.
Oct 28, 2021, 05:42
Re: 12 Things We No Longer Do Thanks to Modern Technology. Oct 28, 2021, 05:42
Oct 28, 2021, 05:42

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 26, 2021, 14:46:
5. I still use an alarm clock as I do not want my phone in my bedroom.

I dont like using my cellphone really but its become vital for remote working these days when I want to lay on the couch and as long as I dont have to do any SSH work, works just fine. However, I ditched the alarm radio a long time ago in favor of my echo show. It wakes me up, tells me the days forecast, and then plays my favorite podcast. If there's anything were worried about we just unplug the thing but it has also been a useful intercom device for the house.

12 Things We No Longer Do Thanks to Modern Technology.
Oct 26, 2021, 14:46
12 Things We No Longer Do Thanks to Modern Technology. Oct 26, 2021, 14:46
Oct 26, 2021, 14:46

1. Sure you do if you're going out to BFE to go camping where there is zero cell signal or traveling any place that also has zero cell service.

5. I still use an alarm clock as I do not want my phone in my bedroom.

7. Yeah, you still do, especially when dealing with government offices. Many of those "apps" don't send a proper carrier tone to government offices using decades old equipment which rely on said tones to make the connection. At least twice a year I have to fax something by hand to a state office.

8. This may be true if you live in Megaboxstoreland but many mom and pop shops aren't on Facebook (smart folks, those) and don't have a webpage. Some of them are open only seasonally or have irregular hours.

11. Mrs. Burrito used to print out coupons all the time because they had to be collected at the time of purchase. She used Ibotta, too, but pre-pandemic, she always had a massive wad of coupons with her when we went shopping. I've observed many other people doing the same thing.

12. I guess this chucklefuck hasn't ever heard of carrying a laptop and a phone at the same time? Lots of things you may wish to accomplish while mobile cannot be completed by solely using your phone. Many things you may not want to do on your phone because of their inherent invasion of privacy.
"Lock the doors. Kill the light. No one's coming...home tonight. It's getting colder."

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older