More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits

Creating a More Accountable Workplace is an internal Activision Blizzard email being shared with the public. This was written by Executive Vice President for Corporate Affairs Fran Townsend to update employees on what's happening in the wake of a pair of lawsuits over its workplace culture. The letter discusses how things are being handled and will be handled going forward, including dismissals: "In connection with various resolved reports, more than 20 individuals have exited Activision Blizzard and more than 20 individuals faced other types of disciplinary action." In a related note, there's an article on Kotaku (thanks Neutronbeam) explaining what it interprets as Activision Blizzard's Attempts To Disqualify California Lawsuit.
View : : :
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits
Oct 23, 2021, 15:30
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 23, 2021, 15:30
Oct 23, 2021, 15:30

Dumbledore wrote on Oct 20, 2021, 16:57:
which in a LOT of cases, is what happens with people at their jobs. and since these types of humans typically don't understand the concept of personal responsibility, they will always cry the loudest and shout at the injustice of it all. when they're the ones that screwed up.

I'll admit you have completely lost me. Who are these cry babies that you are talking about? What did they screw up and can't take responsibility for?

Are you equating "people who hold other people accountable for their mistakes" with cry babies? I don't understand that.

Or are you implying that the people that left were holding other people accountable and so those other people just started crying about anything in order to "get back at them" instead of accepting responsibility?

Oct 21, 2021, 11:04
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 21, 2021, 11:04
Oct 21, 2021, 11:04

Citizen P wrote on Oct 21, 2021, 10:56:
Dumbledore wrote on Oct 21, 2021, 06:21:
*BLAH*BLAH*BLAH*

Gosh what a crybaby, getting so defensive when someone responses to you in a way that doesn't entire agree that your opinion is correct.

The best part is that he complains that I'm surrounded by people here that agree with me.

He lacks the self-awareness to think that, if everyone disagrees with him, he likely either failed to properly articulate his ideas, or his ideas are simply bad.

Dunning-Kruger in full effect. I'd wager he's never worked at a large corporation, nor has done significant management, but is convinced he knows how everything works innately

Oct 21, 2021, 10:56
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 21, 2021, 10:56
Oct 21, 2021, 10:56

Dumbledore wrote on Oct 21, 2021, 06:21:
*BLAH*BLAH*BLAH*

Gosh what a crybaby, getting so defensive when someone responses to you in a way that doesn't entire agree that your opinion is correct.

Oct 21, 2021, 06:21
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 21, 2021, 06:21
Oct 21, 2021, 06:21

Beamer wrote on Oct 20, 2021, 20:15:
I didn't attack you. Show me exactly what the attack was. I asked you questions. I did not call you names. There was no attack.

You whined about "crybabies." Which is fun, because you then whine about "personal responsibility." Wouldn't the people sexually harassing others and expecting to have no repercussions for it be the ones lacking personal responsibility?

And what makes you think I know nothing about the situation? I've also not commented on it. You're the one that passed judgment, saying that it involved crybabies. I did not say anything about the situation. So I'd say you're the one that's making emotional statements, as you're admitting to not having facts yet applying negative labels.

I manage a team that's just pushing 60 people now, which is (sadly) quite hierarchical, with about 5 levels beneath me. We do almost half a billion in revenue. It's not the same as a 10,000 company. But let me assure you that "personal responsibility" matters far less than "professional responsibility." My managers' have a professional responsibility to my staff. If they violate that, there are repercussions. That isn't emotional. That isn't crybabies. A managers' job is getting the best results from an employee, keeping that employee as stress free as possible, developing that employee, and retaining that employee.

Shame some don't feel that way. Perhaps that's why my team has more than doubled in 2021 while everyone else deals with the great migration.

i don't know why i bother trying to educate your type of ignorant human lol. maybe i'm just eternally optimistic that one day i'll actually break through for one of you. i know, i know, pipe dream. but i won't give up.

i explained it thoroughly and, big shock, you're unable to accept it and instead start making claims and statements that have NOTHING at all to do with what i said. it's the standard M/O for people when they realize they have no argument but are 100% unwilling to realize they are wrong.

it's ok dude. you're surrounded by people all with that same issue. so i'm sure it's comfortable for you. when the world corrects itself from this nonsense and the crybabies are relegated to just another joke of history, you'll maybe finally be able to see. and don't worry, those of us that were a little mean trying to wake you up will welcome you to the good side with open arms. because we're not judgmental assholes and we accept everyone.

hope this helps (doubt it will). but go ahead, type out another few paragraphs that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Oct 20, 2021, 20:15
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 20, 2021, 20:15
Oct 20, 2021, 20:15

Dumbledore wrote on Oct 20, 2021, 16:57:
Beamer wrote on Oct 20, 2021, 11:57:
So complaining that your boss sent naked photos of you makes you a crybaby?

Do you consider yourself a crybaby whenever you complain about something? Anything? If I kick you in the balls repeatedly, are you a crybaby if you complain?

thank you for proving my point so eloquently lol. you didn't like what i said, so you IMMEDIATELY go on the attack and don't bother examining the situation beyond your emotional response to it. which in a LOT of cases, is what happens with people at their jobs. and since these types of humans typically don't understand the concept of personal responsibility, they will always cry the loudest and shout at the injustice of it all. when they're the ones that screwed up. children do it ALL the time and these days so many adults do it that it's scary.

now, before you get even more emotional (breath, you can do it!) i'm not remotely implying that there WASN'T a bad scene at Activision. i don't know anything about it and neither do you. all you know is what the people who feel wronged SAY happened and because of your aforementioned emotional outburst problem, you immediately think the big bad boss is evil. but you know NOTHING about it. the "law" will get involved and things will sort themselves out and eventually we'll know the truth of it. until then, try to remember to stay calm and not let your emotions get the best of you. if you can't, i'll have to send you to bed with no supper. now be a good boy.

I didn't attack you. Show me exactly what the attack was. I asked you questions. I did not call you names. There was no attack.

You whined about "crybabies." Which is fun, because you then whine about "personal responsibility." Wouldn't the people sexually harassing others and expecting to have no repercussions for it be the ones lacking personal responsibility?

And what makes you think I know nothing about the situation? I've also not commented on it. You're the one that passed judgment, saying that it involved crybabies. I did not say anything about the situation. So I'd say you're the one that's making emotional statements, as you're admitting to not having facts yet applying negative labels.

I manage a team that's just pushing 60 people now, which is (sadly) quite hierarchical, with about 5 levels beneath me. We do almost half a billion in revenue. It's not the same as a 10,000 company. But let me assure you that "personal responsibility" matters far less than "professional responsibility." My managers' have a professional responsibility to my staff. If they violate that, there are repercussions. That isn't emotional. That isn't crybabies. A managers' job is getting the best results from an employee, keeping that employee as stress free as possible, developing that employee, and retaining that employee.

Shame some don't feel that way. Perhaps that's why my team has more than doubled in 2021 while everyone else deals with the great migration.

Oct 20, 2021, 16:57
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 20, 2021, 16:57
Oct 20, 2021, 16:57

Beamer wrote on Oct 20, 2021, 11:57:

Do you consider yourself a crybaby whenever you complain about something? Anything? If I kick you in the balls repeatedly, are you a crybaby if you complain?

thank you for proving my point so eloquently lol. you didn't like what i said, so you IMMEDIATELY go on the attack and don't bother examining the situation beyond your emotional response to it. which in a LOT of cases, is what happens with people at their jobs. and since these types of humans typically don't understand the concept of personal responsibility, they will always cry the loudest and shout at the injustice of it all. when they're the ones that screwed up. children do it ALL the time and these days so many adults do it that it's scary.

now, before you get even more emotional (breath, you can do it!) i'm not remotely implying that there WASN'T a bad scene at Activision. i don't know anything about it and neither do you. all you know is what the people who feel wronged SAY happened and because of your aforementioned emotional outburst problem, you immediately think the big bad boss is evil. but you know NOTHING about it. the "law" will get involved and things will sort themselves out and eventually we'll know the truth of it. until then, try to remember to stay calm and not let your emotions get the best of you. if you can't, i'll have to send you to bed with no supper. now be a good boy.

Oct 20, 2021, 15:32
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 20, 2021, 15:32
Oct 20, 2021, 15:32

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 20, 2021, 15:29:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 20, 2021, 12:45:
Well, good, but I wonder how badly Diablo 4 is going to suffer from all of this.

Don't lose focus, whoever is left!

The company employs 10,000 people, 20 troublemakers won't be missed.
Normally I'd read this as satire, but Poe's Law forces me to consider you're actually being serious.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Oct 20, 2021, 15:29
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 20, 2021, 15:29
Oct 20, 2021, 15:29

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 20, 2021, 12:45:
Well, good, but I wonder how badly Diablo 4 is going to suffer from all of this.

The company employs 10,000 people, 20 troublemakers won't be missed.

Oct 20, 2021, 15:07
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 20, 2021, 15:07
Oct 20, 2021, 15:07

Dumbledore wrote on Oct 20, 2021, 09:49:
These type of issues are so tough for me to decide on a side. Because while I dislike corporate America, I also dislike crybabies.
Who are the crybabies?

Oct 20, 2021, 12:45
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 20, 2021, 12:45
Oct 20, 2021, 12:45

Oct 20, 2021, 11:57
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 20, 2021, 11:57
Oct 20, 2021, 11:57

Dumbledore wrote on Oct 20, 2021, 09:49:
These type of issues are so tough for me to decide on a side. Because while I dislike corporate America, I also dislike crybabies.

Oct 20, 2021, 09:49
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 20, 2021, 09:49
Oct 20, 2021, 09:49

Oct 20, 2021, 06:48
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 20, 2021, 06:48
Oct 20, 2021, 06:48

"More then 20..."
yeah... more then 20. So that means 21 right?

Oct 19, 2021, 23:00
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 19, 2021, 23:00
Oct 19, 2021, 23:00

Blizzard to California: "Don't sue me, I can change! I can change!"
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Oct 19, 2021, 20:57
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 19, 2021, 20:57
Oct 19, 2021, 20:57

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 19, 2021, 20:18:
It's weird how someone who was fine with torture during the Bush administration is making a statement about people getting the boot or being disciplined because they did really shitty things.

To people like her, so long as you're doing the firing, or torturing, everything is as it should be. They are the 'do as I say and not as I do' monsters.
"You’re still learning English? That’s the language you speak. How dumb are you?" - Rick Sanchez

Oct 19, 2021, 20:55
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 19, 2021, 20:55
Oct 19, 2021, 20:55

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 19, 2021, 20:18:
It's weird how someone who was fine with torture during the Bush administration is making a statement about people getting the boot or being disciplined because they did really shitty things.

Seems more like they're getting disciplined or getting the boot because they got caught and sued by the state, rather than because they did really shitty things. At this point I think they're just performing some theater to help with their legal problems from not firing or disciplining those people when it actually would have mattered.

removed
Oct 19, 2021, 20:30
removed Oct 19, 2021, 20:30

* REMOVED *

This comment was deleted on Oct 20, 2021, 02:45. Reason: Intolerance (rule 2)

Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 19, 2021, 20:30

Too little, too fucking late.

Oct 19, 2021, 20:18
Re: More Than 20 Exit Activision Blizzard After Lawsuits Oct 19, 2021, 20:18
Oct 19, 2021, 20:18

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older