Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch

A new patch is now available for the PC edition of Diablo II: Resurrected. Saying it hopes to release the same patch soon for Console players, Blizzard explains features in this patch designed to help better cope with long server wait times:
GENERAL

• We have implemented a Login Queue for high traffic periods. This queue will pop up after the title screen when opening up the game. The queue will only appear during high traffic windows.
  • Players will be shown a number on where they are in queue.
  • Players will have the option of exiting the queue and playing offline immediately if they wish by hitting “Escape” on the queue prompt.
  • We should note that the higher your queue number appears, the slower the number will refresh in the prompt. The number is still refreshing in the background, so we do not recommend leaving queue as this will create further delays to you entering the game during these high traffic windows.

We expect a patch in the next week that will implement the same queue functionality to consoles.

View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch
Oct 19, 2021, 14:03
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 19, 2021, 14:03
Oct 19, 2021, 14:03

Sheesh, I'm glad I avoided the Warcraft 3 remaster as well as this apparent shit-show.

Hopefully, somehow, somebody at Blizzard gets their shit together before Diablo 4 gets released, but I doubt it.

Oct 19, 2021, 12:21
El Pit

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 19, 2021, 12:21
Oct 19, 2021, 12:21
 El Pit

Lately at Actiblizz...

Kotick: Hm... More bonus $$$ for me or some more $$$ for additional servers. Well, easy choice!
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Oct 19, 2021, 09:26
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 19, 2021, 09:26
Oct 19, 2021, 09:26

I've been playing Diablo for a short bit, completed the first act and got to level 15. I applied the patch on my PS5—aaaaand my character was reset to lvl 1, all of my progress was lost, and my stuff was gone. But, all of the Binding for my learned skills were still still present.

So, anyone want a lvl 1 Necromancer? Cheap!

Oct 19, 2021, 02:40
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 19, 2021, 02:40
Oct 19, 2021, 02:40

I have been told off on another forum for actually saying that Blizzard are a bunch of cheapskates for not providing better and more server infrastructure. Apparently, that would be an impossibility since the game is running on 20 year old legacy code, and the servers simply weren't built to handle that traffic. While that may have some merit, why didn't they actually think of that hmmm I don't know, when they started developing D2R a few years ago then? One word: Money.

Blizzard are fucking cheapskates, but I'm still enjoying the game immensely. It is miles better than Diablo3 and I'm glad its popularity is growing, especially with the younger people who've never played it before. D2 takes a bit of figuring out and it's punishing in a way that D3 never was. One of the myriad of reasons why it's so much more rewarding to play. When you can get in that is

Oct 18, 2021, 23:19
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 18, 2021, 23:19
Oct 18, 2021, 23:19

RogueSix wrote on Oct 18, 2021, 18:26:
Dash wrote on Oct 18, 2021, 17:21:
Saboth wrote on Oct 18, 2021, 15:46:
I don't remember having to wait for a login queue back when I used to play D2 like 20 years ago...

IN THE BEFORE TIMES....

Well, even IN THE BEFORE TIMES I seem to remember that the original Diablo 2 launch was many things but not flawless. However, thanks to the absence of a queuing system, all we had to do IIRC is hit the 'retry' or 'reconnect' button like a woodpecker on steroids to get into the game.
My memory is not the best but I seem to remember that it took quite some time back in the day until all launcher issues were ironed out. To be fair, the concept of Battle.net and a distinction between offline and online characters was a novelty back then so we shouldn't be too hard on the Y2K incarnation of Blizzard.

That said, there is certainly no excuse in the year 2021. Diablo 2 Resurrected should be working flawlessly around the clock. Period.

That said once again, my personal experience has been positive (online character in EU) and I have not had any issues at all all the way up to the end of Act 2. The only "issue" I am having is finding the motivation to pick up the corpse of my Necromancer from Duriel's chamber. I know that it will be a grind because to raise skellies you need corpses so first I'm going to have to get back my army of skellies and then I'm going to have to find a way to make them last longer. The first and so far only time I entered Duriel's (very small so no kiting) chamber the skellies lasted all of ten seconds while my Necro was more or less one-hit killed by Duriel. It's going to take some effort to get past that bugger and I'm enjoying other games more at the moment so we'll see... maybe I'll even start over with a Sorceress or a Druid. A summoning-focused Necro was a bit boring and limiting to begin with...

Indeed, in those old old times you could even just play with 3 friends via TCP/IP direct connect or lan play or simulated lan play. Amazing how we have somehow lost that technology. But then I used to use FSGS battle.net emulator for Starcraft 1 to avoid connection issues.

Oct 18, 2021, 18:38
Mac
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 18, 2021, 18:38
Oct 18, 2021, 18:38
Mac

Tight Bastards - rather than invest in servers to support the number of copies they have sold they implement a login queue so people have to wait an hour or so at peak times to even get in ... incredible. Last time I give this travesty of a company any cash. How the mighty have fallen!

Oct 18, 2021, 18:26
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 18, 2021, 18:26
Oct 18, 2021, 18:26

Dash wrote on Oct 18, 2021, 17:21:
I don't remember having to wait for a login queue back when I used to play D2 like 20 years ago...

IN THE BEFORE TIMES....

Well, even IN THE BEFORE TIMES I seem to remember that the original Diablo 2 launch was many things but not flawless. However, thanks to the absence of a queuing system, all we had to do IIRC is hit the 'retry' or 'reconnect' button like a woodpecker on steroids to get into the game.
My memory is not the best but I seem to remember that it took quite some time back in the day until all launcher issues were ironed out. To be fair, the concept of Battle.net and a distinction between offline and online characters was a novelty back then so we shouldn't be too hard on the Y2K incarnation of Blizzard.

That said, there is certainly no excuse in the year 2021. Diablo 2 Resurrected should be working flawlessly around the clock. Period.

That said once again, my personal experience has been positive (online character in EU) and I have not had any issues at all all the way up to the end of Act 2. The only "issue" I am having is finding the motivation to pick up the corpse of my Necromancer from Duriel's chamber. I know that it will be a grind because to raise skellies you need corpses so first I'm going to have to get back my army of skellies and then I'm going to have to find a way to make them last longer. The first and so far only time I entered Duriel's (very small so no kiting) chamber the skellies lasted all of ten seconds while my Necro was more or less one-hit killed by Duriel. It's going to take some effort to get past that bugger and I'm enjoying other games more at the moment so we'll see... maybe I'll even start over with a Sorceress or a Druid. A summoning-focused Necro was a bit boring and limiting to begin with...

Oct 18, 2021, 17:21
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 18, 2021, 17:21
Oct 18, 2021, 17:21

IN THE BEFORE TIMES....

Apr 14, 2022, 12:31
Sempai
"i hope this ones good. I'm ready for the farts and dildos! "

Oct 18, 2021, 16:01
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 18, 2021, 16:01
Oct 18, 2021, 16:01

El Pit wrote on Oct 18, 2021, 15:21:
"We are Blizzard. We are new to this and have no experience with online games or server structures for games." Blizzard, makers of World of Warcraft, in 2021.

You're spot on. As a fledgling game company they don't have the experience or expertise on hand to deal with such issues in a popular online game. A brand new game like this is bound to have teething issues.

Oct 18, 2021, 15:46
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 18, 2021, 15:46
Oct 18, 2021, 15:46

Oct 18, 2021, 15:21
El Pit

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 18, 2021, 15:21
Oct 18, 2021, 15:21
 El Pit

"We are Blizzard. We are new to this and have no experience with online games or server structures for games." Blizzard, makers of World of Warcraft, in 2021.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Oct 18, 2021, 14:55
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 18, 2021, 14:55
Oct 18, 2021, 14:55

They had time to rip the TCP/IP code out, force Battle.net, and shoehorn in single player......but didn't expect players to continue playing D2 the same way they have for the last 20 years? Hubris.

Oct 18, 2021, 13:19
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 18, 2021, 13:19
Oct 18, 2021, 13:19

Cram wrote on Oct 18, 2021, 12:54:
The, in the minority, vocal apologists out there for this one, it has been quite a ride reading their takes.

What a train wreck.

I think it's a little give and take between not setting expectations high enough for the amount of players interested and relying on legacy code for critical infrastructure which combined to form this krangled mess. Both still being created by their own hands and I hope the "fix" isn't a new PoE league which moves players away from D2R.

It's one thing to come in to a hyped game and see queues but with all the other issues this game has and continues to experience along the way especially on consoles makes it really hard to give Blizzard any kind of pass where it's almost been a month and it feels like they're still spinning their tires trying to gain traction. As someone who was primarily aiming at ladder play I suspect that won't be realistic until after the US Thanksgiving in November since that'll provide a pretty solid indication in regards to whether or not their servers are ethereal and will break after being hit a bunch of times.

I wouldn't consider this to be as much of a disaster as WC3 Reforged because, in time, I'd like to think they'll eventually iron this out and the game will become playable and accessible without a cloud of doubt hanging over it.

Oct 18, 2021, 12:57
Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 18, 2021, 12:57
Oct 18, 2021, 12:57

This queue thing is a bummer. Before going to work somethimes I have like 10 minutes free where I can do an Andariel/Mephisto run or something but with this queue it's now impossible. I wouldn't mind much if wait time was much shorter. Let's hope they get around this in a timely manner.

Oct 18, 2021, 12:54
Cram

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 18, 2021, 12:54
Oct 18, 2021, 12:54
 Cram

The, in the minority, vocal apologists out there for this one, it has been quite a ride reading their takes.

What a train wreck.

Oct 18, 2021, 11:39
PHJF

Re: Diablo II: Resurrected Login Queue Patch Oct 18, 2021, 11:39
Oct 18, 2021, 11:39
 PHJF

Well I may be banned from Blizzard in the future as my attempts to get a refund for this dumpster fire were denied, so I disputed/charged back the purchase from my CC. I'm perfectly OK with not being able to play this massive fuckup and Overwatch ever again, and sure should have expected such incompetence from the morons who released WC3 Reforged.
Steam + PSN: PHJF
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older