Far Cry 6 Released

Far Cry 6 is now available for PC and consoles, and the Windows edition of Ubisoft's first-person shooter sequel is available on the Ubisoft Store and the Epic Games Store. There have been a couple of glitches along the way, which can be found rounded up on Rock Paper Shotgun. Here's a pre-launch Post Launch Overview Trailer and a newer Story and Characters of Far Cry 6 Video. The quick pitch explains:
In Far Cry® 6, players are immersed in the adrenaline-filled, chaotic world of a modern-day guerrilla revolution. Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As dictator of Yara, Antón Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Become a guerrilla fighter and burn their regime to the ground.
View : : :
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Far Cry 6 Released
Oct 11, 2021, 11:24
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 11, 2021, 11:24
Oct 11, 2021, 11:24

Quinn wrote on Oct 8, 2021, 03:02:
Darks wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 15:30:
Quinn wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 15:26:
The game is bugged for me. Many textures are fuzzy as hell. HD pack installed and enabled. Goddamnit. Also, 90 fps feels like 40 somehow.

Id uninstall the HD pack, most likely an issues with compatibility, also make sure you have the latest video drivers installed.. What Card do you have? that HD pack requires 11 GB of VRam. insane, that I have an RTX 3080 FTW card and I cant play the game with the HD Textures, keep getting an error about low Vram. very annoying!!

Yeah thanks Darks turns out this was the problem. Sadly, without the HD pack enabled the textures actually look really last last gen. I'm not impressed with the graphics at all in fact, and it doesnt seem right that the performance is so bad. Early benchmarks indicate that AMD cards trump all of the NVIDIA cards, though, so this is foul play by Ubi and AMD no doubt. I'm an experienced enough games to know that this game should not perform so poorly on my hardware. Bah.

FYI textures didnt improve enough until I actually uninstalled the HD pack. Weird AF. Game looks just about right and proper now.

Oct 11, 2021, 09:05
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 11, 2021, 09:05
Oct 11, 2021, 09:05

Totally looking forward to playing this. Far Cry games are so much fun in co-op -- I just wish it supported 3 or 4 player co-op instead of just 2.

Oct 8, 2021, 03:02
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 8, 2021, 03:02
Oct 8, 2021, 03:02

The game is bugged for me. Many textures are fuzzy as hell. HD pack installed and enabled. Goddamnit. Also, 90 fps feels like 40 somehow.

Id uninstall the HD pack, most likely an issues with compatibility, also make sure you have the latest video drivers installed.. What Card do you have? that HD pack requires 11 GB of VRam. insane, that I have an RTX 3080 FTW card and I cant play the game with the HD Textures, keep getting an error about low Vram. very annoying!!

Yeah thanks Darks turns out this was the problem. Sadly, without the HD pack enabled the textures actually look really last last gen. I'm not impressed with the graphics at all in fact, and it doesnt seem right that the performance is so bad. Early benchmarks indicate that AMD cards trump all of the NVIDIA cards, though, so this is foul play by Ubi and AMD no doubt. I'm an experienced enough games to know that this game should not perform so poorly on my hardware. Bah.

Oct 8, 2021, 00:01
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 8, 2021, 00:01
Oct 8, 2021, 00:01

After someone told me FC5 was full coop, couldn't figure out why I hadn't played it.
Then I remembered after looking on steam ubi launcher doesn't help.
But then I saw denuvo, which is a never play for me, so maybe in 5 or 10 years when they put it on GOG.
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Oct 7, 2021, 23:07
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 23:07
Oct 7, 2021, 23:07

Probably more like 30, since it seems like for whatever reason they locked any of the in-game cinematics to 30fps. It's pretty fucking jarring going from 110+ fps in gameplay down to 30fps any time it starts playing an in-game cinematic, and they're frequent in the early game.

Oct 7, 2021, 22:04
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 22:04
Oct 7, 2021, 22:04

milspecmonkey wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 17:34:
Jim wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 13:54:
Cutter wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 13:12:
The console controls in these games are a major turn-off. Trying to fly planes with a M/KB combo? Yeah, good luck with that. I found FC5 to be really boring. I'd only be interested in this because I love GE. Still, I won't go more than $10 on it. So, I'll see it in a year or two I guess.
UBI games never get that cheap no matter how long are you wait. As for graphics cards, the only specials will be if anyone actually has any to buy. I agree that the five was boring and even worse was the stupid capture storytelling mechanism which felt like it was continually interrupting the game.

Every now and then there will be some pretty steep Steam deals for older Ubi games, but on Ubi-Connect they seem to run sales even more often. For example I just got wildlands for $7.50
Appears I got FarCry5 last year for $8.99 on steam as well, on that note worth mentioning the site that tracks steam prices: https://steamdb.info/sales/history/

Actually, Ubi games probably drop fastest in price more than anyone else. You can check historical prices on ITAD. I just looked up FC5 and within 18 months it had dropped to $20 - and that's CDN dollars.

"You’re still learning English? That’s the language you speak. How dumb are you?" - Rick Sanchez

Oct 7, 2021, 18:25
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 18:25
Oct 7, 2021, 18:25

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 17:43:
Nullity wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 14:00:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 13:19:
I played through the tutorial island yesterday, it's good. Don't bother with the HD texture pack, though, it's a ridiculous waste of bandwidth. A 30GB download (game itself is under 40) that makes almost no difference to the visuals, ...
That's not necessarily true, it depends on what resolution you're playing the game at. 1080p? Yeah, don't bother. 1440? Probably slightly better, but a toss up. 4k? Absolutely worth it most of the time, can make a hug difference. Also, make sure you have the texture quality setting at max.

Bad eye sight? Probably not worth it at any rez.

The only possible way 30+ GB of textures would be worth it is if it transformed the game from N64-era pea soup to the near photo-realism we have today, and that's never the case. In fact, it's the opposite with this game, since their texture streaming is bugged to hell, as others have mentioned. Lots of people, including those with 16-24GB VRAM on their GPUs, are having those issues where enabling the HD pack causes some surfaces to look like a blown-up 240p JPEG. Meanwhile, the highest measurement for VRAM allocation (itself excessive of actual usage) I've seen with everything maxed out at 4K is only around 12GB, so their requirements are completely bogus.
No reason for hyperbole, and what you're describing are software bugs. That's obviously not how an HD texture pack is supposed to behave. I can only speak from personal experience, and while playing at 4k (which is basically always), there's literally never been a time where an HD texture pack wasn't a huge improvement.

The same logic also applied to previous video card generations in the past as well, since the size/detail of the textures included in HD packs also increases over time along with hardware advancements.
Buy/HODL AMC! (Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor / this is not financial advice)

Oct 7, 2021, 18:06
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 18:06
Oct 7, 2021, 18:06

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 16:59:
Xero wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 12:59:
Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 12:43:
Xero wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 12:21:
Damn, I'm kind of hyped for it and want to play it sooner than later. It looks like it has everything I enjoyed most in Far Cry games. Tropical environment (FC1 and 3), crazy looking weapons (New Dawn), and a large environment (a lot of FC games, lol).

I need to upgrade my PC asap!! I think this black Friday/Cyber Monday, I'm going to get every part I need for an entire new build. The time just might have to come finally.

I'm definitely looking to play this one as well! I know the rest of the gaming community complains about same ol' same ol', but the game loop is fine by me. I always have fun with these games! It's the same with Assassin's Creed. I really like the design of these games even if it's similar to the previous one. No other company makes open world games like this any better, especially not Rockstar! I can't stand Rockstar's control schemes. So clunky and frustrating to play!

This is same reason I give up on the GTA games including 5. I feel like I'm combating the controls more than anything else in the game. Shocked that nobody brings that up ever it seems.

I remember all the complaints about how Geralt was difficult to control in Witcher 3. CDPR listened and released a patch for an alternative control scheme where Geralt didn't "turn" as realistically but was definitely more responsive and easier to move around with. Especially in-doors. Wish GTA had something like that.

Add me to the list. Remapping RDR2 on PC is nearly impossible and for me it requires making changes to an ini and that's not as easy as that normally is. And even then it's still janky af.

Rockstar overcomplicates their control scheme for who knows what reason. While playing RDR2, I can easily think of 10 simple changes that would make the control scheme so much better, but it seems they never listen to their player base. After the sh!tstorm control scheme of GTA5, I figured that they got enough feedback to do it the right way in RDR2. It's almost as if they don't even play their own games 🤣

Oct 7, 2021, 17:43
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 17:43
Oct 7, 2021, 17:43

Nullity wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 14:00:
I played through the tutorial island yesterday, it's good. Don't bother with the HD texture pack, though, it's a ridiculous waste of bandwidth. A 30GB download (game itself is under 40) that makes almost no difference to the visuals, ...
That's not necessarily true, it depends on what resolution you're playing the game at. 1080p? Yeah, don't bother. 1440? Probably slightly better, but a toss up. 4k? Absolutely worth it most of the time, can make a hug difference. Also, make sure you have the texture quality setting at max.

The only possible way 30+ GB of textures would be worth it is if it transformed the game from N64-era pea soup to the near photo-realism we have today, and that's never the case. In fact, it's the opposite with this game, since their texture streaming is bugged to hell, as others have mentioned. Lots of people, including those with 16-24GB VRAM on their GPUs, are having those issues where enabling the HD pack causes some surfaces to look like a blown-up 240p JPEG. Meanwhile, the highest measurement for VRAM allocation (itself excessive of actual usage) I've seen with everything maxed out at 4K is only around 12GB, so their requirements are completely bogus.

Oct 7, 2021, 17:34
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 17:34
Oct 7, 2021, 17:34

The console controls in these games are a major turn-off. Trying to fly planes with a M/KB combo? Yeah, good luck with that. I found FC5 to be really boring. I'd only be interested in this because I love GE. Still, I won't go more than $10 on it. So, I'll see it in a year or two I guess.
UBI games never get that cheap no matter how long are you wait. As for graphics cards, the only specials will be if anyone actually has any to buy. I agree that the five was boring and even worse was the stupid capture storytelling mechanism which felt like it was continually interrupting the game.

Every now and then there will be some pretty steep Steam deals for older Ubi games, but on Ubi-Connect they seem to run sales even more often. For example I just got wildlands for $7.50
Appears I got FarCry5 last year for $8.99 on steam as well, on that note worth mentioning the site that tracks steam prices: https://steamdb.info/sales/history/

Oct 7, 2021, 16:59
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 16:59
Oct 7, 2021, 16:59

Xero wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 12:59:
Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 12:43:
Xero wrote on Oct 7, 2021, 12:21:
Damn, I'm kind of hyped for it and want to play it sooner than later. It looks like it has everything I enjoyed most in Far Cry games. Tropical environment (FC1 and 3), crazy looking weapons (New Dawn), and a large environment (a lot of FC games, lol).

I need to upgrade my PC asap!! I think this black Friday/Cyber Monday, I'm going to get every part I need for an entire new build. The time just might have to come finally.

I'm definitely looking to play this one as well! I know the rest of the gaming community complains about same ol' same ol', but the game loop is fine by me. I always have fun with these games! It's the same with Assassin's Creed. I really like the design of these games even if it's similar to the previous one. No other company makes open world games like this any better, especially not Rockstar! I can't stand Rockstar's control schemes. So clunky and frustrating to play!

This is same reason I give up on the GTA games including 5. I feel like I'm combating the controls more than anything else in the game. Shocked that nobody brings that up ever it seems.

I remember all the complaints about how Geralt was difficult to control in Witcher 3. CDPR listened and released a patch for an alternative control scheme where Geralt didn't "turn" as realistically but was definitely more responsive and easier to move around with. Especially in-doors. Wish GTA had something like that.

Add me to the list. Remapping RDR2 on PC is nearly impossible and for me it requires making changes to an ini and that's not as easy as that normally is. And even then it's still janky af.

Oct 7, 2021, 16:15
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 16:15
Oct 7, 2021, 16:15

Whoa, that's crazy. I can't imagine that's intended.
Buy/HODL AMC! (Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor / this is not financial advice)

Oct 7, 2021, 15:31
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 15:31

I have played most of the games in the franchise. Patience is the key. Work on all the other games I have including the freebies and get it when it is on sale with all dlc included for next to nothing in the future.

Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 15:31

Lets see, Danny Trejo, Trejo's tacos, and he is armed with a machete... Yep just bought it..

Oct 7, 2021, 15:30
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 15:30
Oct 7, 2021, 15:30

Author of the Neverwinter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Now integrated into Steams NWN: Enhanced Edition

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Oct 7, 2021, 15:27
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 15:27
Oct 7, 2021, 15:27

Yeah, I like 5 ,but I totally agree that the whole capture mind game crap just made me ill. I hated it like you said it was a disruption of the games flow.

Been playing FC 6 for a few hours. and so far I have to say, I'm really liking the game so far. Love the Gator Companion Quapo. It never gets old him mauling an enemy.

I think the tropical setting is what really captures the game for me and the story so far has been interesting. I just opened up Coop, so Ill be playing this tomorrow with a friend. Should be a lot of fun Coop. And Cutter, try playing these type of games Coop, I think you will enjoy them way more if you play it with a friend. I know I do.
Author of the Neverwinter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Now integrated into Steams NWN: Enhanced Edition

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Oct 7, 2021, 15:26
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 15:26
Oct 7, 2021, 15:26

Oct 7, 2021, 15:21
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 15:21
Oct 7, 2021, 15:21

It might be worthwhile to sign up for a month of Ubisoft+ for $15 for this. I'm interested but I don't want to pay full price for another FarCry game, and I never replay these kinds of games after I finish them once, so that might be a good option.

Oct 7, 2021, 14:00
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 14:00
Oct 7, 2021, 14:00

Oct 7, 2021, 13:54
Jim
Re: Far Cry 6 Released Oct 7, 2021, 13:54
Oct 7, 2021, 13:54
Jim

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older