Out of the Blue

Had a great time getting together with my buddies yesterday, we had good food, good company, and there was even a Strat-O-Matic baseball exhibition game for old time's sake. Of course the Giants suffered another heartbreaking loss, but when you're rooting for a team that's been on such a terrible run for years you develop some calluses to help avoid suffering too badly. I'm just looking forward to some sort of three-game winning streak near the end of the season to hurt the team's draft position. Hmm, maybe those calluses aren't so tough after all.

Callous Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Breakfast Link

Science
Thanks Max.

Images

Media

View : : :
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Sep 28, 2021, 09:48
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2021, 09:48
Sep 28, 2021, 09:48

WannaLogAlready wrote on Sep 27, 2021, 20:05:
Cutter's apple pie without added sugar: sounds thoroughly healthy and delicious *covetous*

RedEye9, had to LOL
Also the idiotic is strong with this other one: Talivangelist plus a flatearther.
When obviously the earth isn't flat or cats would have knocked everything off !

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/post/
rob-skiba-52-dallas-tx-author-evangelical-flat-earther-anti-vaxxer-on-ventilator-with-covid

Here one of his own flatearther far-out twilight zone mindless videos.
https://fe2018.com/speakers/rob-skiba/

They would die for their spouse and kill for their kids, but only after owning the libtards.
And why is Jesus mostly protecting the hospitalized vaccinated, even un-praying atheists liberals, all the wrong ones ?
These traitors spreading lies leading to more Americans being killed is a real problem. They are thinning themselves out though. I was shown that sorryantivaxxer site a while ago. It scrolls for days.

Sep 28, 2021, 03:00
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2021, 03:00
Sep 28, 2021, 03:00

Simon Says wrote on Sep 28, 2021, 00:17:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 27, 2021, 21:24:
... "So... Why ... ?" ...
"Because there much more important long term fulfilling things in the world than the fleeting pleasures you mentioned."
Easy peasy.
2 other fullfilling things.
- Having your own holodeck.
- If bad developments on climate, pollution, viruses, magnetic pole flip, electronics frying solar storms/flares, etc: watching the new Disney real life documentary saga, "ScAvengers".

Sep 28, 2021, 00:17
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2021, 00:17
Sep 28, 2021, 00:17

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 27, 2021, 21:24:
A man asks his doctor: "Do you think I'll live to be a hundred?"

The doctor asks the man "Well, that depends. Do you drink?"
"Oh, no sir! I abstain from all alcohol. Soda, too. I just drink plenty of fresh water."

"Do you smoke?"
"No, sir! Never smoked in my life, and I stay away from any place with second hand smoke."

"Do you eat a lot of sugary and greasy foods?"
"No, sir! I carefully watch my diet and caloric intake, and I'm sure to eat plenty of vegetables."

"Do you go to parties? Stay up late? Are you sexually promiscuous?"
"Not at all! Early to bed and early to rise! And abstinence is key."

The doctor raises an eyebrow at the man. "So... Why the hell do you want to live to be a hundred?"

"Because there much more important long term fulfilling things in the world than the fleeting pleasures you mentioned."

Easy peasy.

Sep 28, 2021, 00:16
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2021, 00:16
Sep 28, 2021, 00:16

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 27, 2021, 22:59:
You couldn't make this stuff up if you wanted to: woman claims fire started inadvertently when she tried to boil bear urine
The good thing about bear urine is its easy to collect. Bears are very predictable about where they pee.

And she's another Shaman, maybe they'll let her and QBaca share a cell. For religious reasons of course.
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Sep 27, 2021, 22:59
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 22:59
Sep 27, 2021, 22:59

You couldn't make this stuff up if you wanted to: woman claims fire started inadvertently when she tried to boil bear urine
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Sep 27, 2021, 22:27
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 22:27
Sep 27, 2021, 22:27

1badmf wrote on Sep 27, 2021, 22:08:
i... think i might cry. just reading that gave me shivers. babylon 5 is the greatest scripted tv series ever aired, not even a hint of hyperbole. not a fan of putting it on the CW though. those millennial fucks don't have the brain cells to process it and it might die of low ratings.
Hopefully, JMS was wise enough to get sufficient control, which doesn't seem like an unlikely case to make...

Sep 27, 2021, 22:08
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 22:08
Sep 27, 2021, 22:08

jdreyer wrote on Sep 27, 2021, 15:11:
They're rebooting Babylon 5 with MJS at the helm! The original was excellent: a huge arching story with a great cast and excellent world building. And the effects were vibrant and stylish, despite the limitations of 90s era computing. Here's to hoping something great comes out of it.

EDIT: Wait, "seven made-for-TV movies"?? I've only seen a couple of them. Now I've got to see if I can find these somewhere...

i... think i might cry. just reading that gave me shivers. babylon 5 is the greatest scripted tv series ever aired, not even a hint of hyperbole. not a fan of putting it on the CW though. those millennial fucks don't have the brain cells to process it and it might die of low ratings.

the movies are on amazon, not free but cheap to rent. i will warn you only 'in the beginning' is really great. the rest are shockingly meh.

Sep 27, 2021, 21:24
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 21:24
Sep 27, 2021, 21:24

NKD wrote on Sep 27, 2021, 21:18:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 27, 2021, 14:16:
Brain health diet- Study reveals this way of eating slows cognitive decline.

Eat daily:
- A few servings of whole grains (oatmeal, whole wheat bread, etc.)
- A leafy green veggy (kale, spinach, romaine, cabbage, arugula)
- Another vegetable
- A glass of wine
Also: nuts, beans, poultry, berries, and fish

Don't eat:
- butter and margarine
- cheese
- ried food
- fast food
- sweets and pastries
- red meat

Coincidentally this way of eating has all kinds of other health benefits: reducing incidence of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc.

So what you're saying is, return to monke?
A man asks his doctor: "Do you think I'll live to be a hundred?"

The doctor asks the man "Well, that depends. Do you drink?"
"Oh, no sir! I abstain from all alcohol. Soda, too. I just drink plenty of fresh water."

"Do you smoke?"
"No, sir! Never smoked in my life, and I stay away from any place with second hand smoke."

"Do you eat a lot of sugary and greasy foods?"
"No, sir! I carefully watch my diet and caloric intake, and I'm sure to eat plenty of vegetables."

"Do you go to parties? Stay up late? Are you sexually promiscuous?"
"Not at all! Early to bed and early to rise! And abstinence is key."

The doctor raises an eyebrow at the man. "So... Why the hell do you want to live to be a hundred?"

Sep 27, 2021, 21:18
NKD
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 21:18
Sep 27, 2021, 21:18
NKD

Eat daily:
- Another vegetable
- A glass of wine

Don't eat:
- butter and margarine
- cheese
- ried food
- fast food
- sweets and pastries
- red meat

Coincidentally this way of eating has all kinds of other health benefits: reducing incidence of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc.

So what you're saying is, return to monke?
Burrito of Peace wrote:
tell them their DMCA doesn't mean shit and to go eat a bowl of dicks.

Sep 27, 2021, 20:13
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 20:13
Sep 27, 2021, 20:13

WannaLogAlready wrote on Sep 27, 2021, 20:05:
They would die for their spouse and kill for their kids, but only after owning the libtards.
And why is Jesus mostly protecting the hospitalized vaccinated, even un-praying atheists liberals, all the wrong ones ?
Fictional zombie babies and sky wizards have nothing to do with protection. Instead, they are partly to blame.
On the other hand: Real life scientists, doctors and nurses deserve all the credit.

A Pew Research Center poll last month found that 86 percent of Democratic voters had received at least one shot, compared with 60 percent of Republican voters.
The political divide over vaccinations is so large that almost every reliably blue state now has a higher vaccination rate than almost every reliably red state.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/27/briefing/covid-red-states-vaccinations.html
This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2021, 22:04.

Sep 27, 2021, 20:05
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 20:05
Sep 27, 2021, 20:05

Cutter's apple pie without added sugar: sounds thoroughly healthy and delicious *covetous*

RedEye9, had to LOL
Also the idiotic is strong with this other one: Talivangelist plus a flatearther.
When obviously the earth isn't flat or cats would have knocked everything off !

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/post/
rob-skiba-52-dallas-tx-author-evangelical-flat-earther-anti-vaxxer-on-ventilator-with-covid

Here one of his own flatearther far-out twilight zone mindless videos.
https://fe2018.com/speakers/rob-skiba/

Sep 27, 2021, 19:08
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 19:08
Sep 27, 2021, 19:08
 Kxmode

Passengers is a good movie. However, I've always wondered if the ship's AI purposely woke up Jim because he was an engineer, and it quickly determined it would need someone with those skills.
"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it is almost impossible to eradicate."

Sep 27, 2021, 18:48
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 18:48
Sep 27, 2021, 18:48

jdreyer wrote on Sep 27, 2021, 14:38:
So anti-vax cartoonist Ben Garrison has the COVID.
Saw this comment when both Twitter and fakebook suspended him and it made my head splode. Biggrin
“Garrison’s one of the ones whose thought process is cartoonier than his drawing style, inhabiting an uncanny valley big enough to swallow Poe’s Law whole”

Sep 27, 2021, 18:16
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 18:16
Sep 27, 2021, 18:16

Eat daily:
- Another vegetable
- A glass of wine

Don't eat:
- butter and margarine
- cheese
- ried food
- fast food
- sweets and pastries
- red meat

Too late. I made an apple pie yesterday and I'm going to consume all of it over the next several days. I don't add sugar to my pies, just spices - like I was on Arrakis - and a pinch of salt. I'd say they're pretty healthy as sweets go.
"You’re still learning English? That’s the language you speak. How dumb are you?" - Rick Sanchez

Sep 27, 2021, 18:14
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 18:14
Sep 27, 2021, 18:14

They're rebooting Babylon 5 with MJS at the helm! The original was excellent: a huge arching story with a great cast and excellent world building. And the effects were vibrant and stylish, despite the limitations of 90s era computing. Here's to hoping something great comes out of it.

EDIT: Wait, "seven made-for-TV movies"?? I've only seen a couple of them. Now I've got to see if I can find these somewhere...

Dude, it's a CW production. That's worse than SyFy. It's over before it began.

"You’re still learning English? That’s the language you speak. How dumb are you?" - Rick Sanchez

Sep 27, 2021, 15:20
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 15:20
Sep 27, 2021, 15:20

They're rebooting Babylon 5 with MJS at the helm!
Okay, that is something I might actually subscribe to a service to see. Let's hope his funding doesn't get cut out from beneath him again...

Sep 27, 2021, 15:11
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 15:11
Sep 27, 2021, 15:11

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Sep 27, 2021, 14:53
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 14:53
Sep 27, 2021, 14:53

Cue the Twilight Zone music:
“The 69-year-old Steele believed some incredibly bizarre things, including that NASA had imprisoned children on Mars to work as slaves. “

You don’t have no proof that they didn’t!!!
And get it right, it was to “work as SEX slaves.”

Sep 27, 2021, 14:48
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 14:48
Sep 27, 2021, 14:48

Cue the Twilight Zone music:
“I would never go to a hospital with Covid. Robert David Steele did it a few weeks ago and they killed him. The hospitals get extra money for Covid death reports, which is necessary to keep fear ramped up,” Garrison claimed in an email to Gizmodo.

The man Garrison is referring to, Robert David Steele, was a conspiracy theorist who frequently appeared on InfoWars with Alex Jones. The 69-year-old Steele believed some incredibly bizarre things, including that NASA had imprisoned children on Mars to work as slaves.

Sep 27, 2021, 14:46
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2021, 14:46
Sep 27, 2021, 14:46

jdreyer wrote on Sep 27, 2021, 14:38:
So anti-vax cartoonist Ben Garrison has the COVID. Although he's not as right wing as 4Chan would make him out to be, he's still pretty out there. Which is a shame, as he's a pretty talented cartoonist. He says he'll never go to the hospital to treat his COVID, so here's to hoping he sticks to his guns. Currently treating with Ivermectin, zinc, and vitamins. I don't wish death on anyone, so I hope he recovers, but I do hope he learns something from the experience.
You’re a better man than me. Here’s hoping he makes sorryantivaxxer.com

Edit
Nvrmnd, he’s already there.
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older