DEATHLOOP Released

The time is upon us for DEATHLOOP, as this time-looping shooter from Bethesda Softworks and Arkane Lyon is now available for PC and Xbox. The Windows edition is available on Steam, and there's a note on Bethesda Support for PC users about making sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date. Here's the previously released Official Launch Trailer and here's word on the game:
DEATHLOOP is a next-gen first person shooter from Arkane Lyon, the award-winning studio behind Dishonored. In DEATHLOOP, two rival assassins are trapped in a mysterious timeloop on the island of Blackreef, doomed to repeat the same day for eternity. As Colt, the only chance for escape is to end the cycle by assassinating eight key targets before the day resets. Learn from each cycle - try new paths, gather intel, and find new weapons and abilities. Do whatever it takes to break the loop.

Every new loop is an opportunity to change things up. Use the knowledge you gain from each attempt to change up your playstyle, stealthily sneaking through levels or barreling into the fight, guns-blazing. In each loop you’ll discover new secrets, gather intel on your targets as well as the island of Blackreef, and expand your arsenal. Armed with a host of otherworldly abilities and savage weaponry, you’ll utilize every tool at your command to execute takedowns that are as striking as they are devastating. Customize your loadout wisely to survive this deadly game of hunter vs hunted.
View : : :
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: DEATHLOOP Released
Sep 15, 2021, 16:35
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 15, 2021, 16:35
Sep 15, 2021, 16:35

"Here's all these cool abilities! Oh, but if you use them, you're evil." Well fuck me sideways!

The way I played D2 was to have two different save games and play every level twice, first sneakily as Emily and then mass murder-style as Corvo. The game is way too easy when you can just teleport to 5 meters above anyone and instakill them, but it's a lot of fun to just run through the level wreaking havoc after you first played it carefully and silently.

Sep 15, 2021, 13:27
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 15, 2021, 13:27
Sep 15, 2021, 13:27

Most of the reviews of this game point out that Dishonored gave you tons of fun ways to kill but discouraged you from doing so, and that this game feels an apology for that in heavily encouraging killing

Sep 15, 2021, 10:25
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 15, 2021, 10:25
Sep 15, 2021, 10:25

J wrote on Sep 15, 2021, 06:31:
Quinn wrote on Sep 15, 2021, 02:41:
Xero wrote on Sep 14, 2021, 17:24:
Not much into time travel games but I've been playing the stand alone Dishonored game and it has been pretty enjoyable. Obviously not as epic in scope as Dishonored 2 but holds its own for a solid stand alone that I'm assuming will be rather short. I'm enjoying it a lot.

Waiting to hear more about this or just until it hits bargain bin before jumping into it. Similar to what I did with Dishonored. I'm honestly shocked how long I waited on Dishonored 2. It was very well made. Some of the best destruction physics in a game that were highly satisfying.

I think both Dishonored games are deeply flawed and I feel like a friend and myself are the only ones in the whole while world that feel like this. What's the flaw?

Welp, the game gives you all these awesome magical abilities, but one minute into (I think) both games, the game almost literally tells you that killing ANYONE is bad and may result in the bad ending. I ended up never using said awesome magical abilities because all of them kill. Now the game could've been smart about it to allow you to kill either very evil enemies, or have enemies like zombies for example to which the morality of the kill/incapacitate choice wouldn't apply. But of course that wasn't there because it all had to do with this rat plague or whatever. So killing had less to do with morals, and more to do with not feeding the plague.

"Here's all these cool abilities! Oh, but if you use them, you're evil." Well fuck me sideways!

In the first Dishonored, sure. Although one could argue that the temptation is part of the challenge. Being good shouldn't be easy.

In the second one, if you scry on them and it turns out they're bad, you can kill them without negative consequence.

Not sure if I ever knew about this 🤔 I did like D2 much more than the first...

Sep 15, 2021, 06:31
J
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 15, 2021, 06:31
Sep 15, 2021, 06:31
J

Quinn wrote on Sep 15, 2021, 02:41:
Not much into time travel games but I've been playing the stand alone Dishonored game and it has been pretty enjoyable. Obviously not as epic in scope as Dishonored 2 but holds its own for a solid stand alone that I'm assuming will be rather short. I'm enjoying it a lot.

Waiting to hear more about this or just until it hits bargain bin before jumping into it. Similar to what I did with Dishonored. I'm honestly shocked how long I waited on Dishonored 2. It was very well made. Some of the best destruction physics in a game that were highly satisfying.

I think both Dishonored games are deeply flawed and I feel like a friend and myself are the only ones in the whole while world that feel like this. What's the flaw?

Welp, the game gives you all these awesome magical abilities, but one minute into (I think) both games, the game almost literally tells you that killing ANYONE is bad and may result in the bad ending. I ended up never using said awesome magical abilities because all of them kill. Now the game could've been smart about it to allow you to kill either very evil enemies, or have enemies like zombies for example to which the morality of the kill/incapacitate choice wouldn't apply. But of course that wasn't there because it all had to do with this rat plague or whatever. So killing had less to do with morals, and more to do with not feeding the plague.

In the first Dishonored, sure. Although one could argue that the temptation is part of the challenge. Being good shouldn't be easy.

In the second one, if you scry on them and it turns out they're bad, you can kill them without negative consequence.
nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

Sep 15, 2021, 05:36
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 15, 2021, 05:36
Sep 15, 2021, 05:36

Eternal return (German: Ewige wiederkunft; also known as eternal recurrence) is a concept that the universe and all existence and energy has been recurring, and will continue to recur, in a self-similar form an infinite number of times across infinite time or space.

The concept of "eternal recurrence"––"the idea that all events in the world repeat themselves in the same sequence through an eternal series of cycles"––is central to the mature writings of Friedrich Nietzsche. As Heidegger points out in his lectures on Nietzsche, Nietzsche's first mention of eternal recurrence, in aphorism 341 ("The Greatest Weight") of The Gay Science (cited below), presents this concept as a hypothetical question rather than postulating it as a fact. According to Heidegger, it is the burden imposed by the question of eternal recurrence—whether or not such a thing could possibly be true—that is so significant in modern thought: "The way Nietzsche here patterns the first communication of the thought of the 'greatest burden' [of eternal recurrence] makes it clear that this 'thought of thoughts' is at the same time 'the most burdensome thought.' " Robert Wicks suggests that the concept of eternal recurrence, as portrayed in "The Greatest Weight," "serves to draw attention away from all worlds other than the one in which we presently live, since eternal recurrence precludes the possibility of any final escape from the present world. Wick's analysis implies that eternal recurrence does not refer to the endless repetition of specific events, but rather the inescapable general circumstances that constitute existence in the physical world.

Sep 15, 2021, 02:41
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 15, 2021, 02:41
Sep 15, 2021, 02:41

Sep 14, 2021, 23:28
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 14, 2021, 23:28
Sep 14, 2021, 23:28

I still haven't played 2. Was enthralled by 1, but the second time through I liked it much less for some reason. Or maybe I didn't, but did the dlc and didn't like that.

I'll do it sometime. Would prefer a Prey 2, though.

Sep 14, 2021, 21:54
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 14, 2021, 21:54
Sep 14, 2021, 21:54

Darks wrote on Sep 14, 2021, 18:11:
Too much gimmicky Bullet Storm garbage in the game and on top of that Denuvo. No thank you!!!

Hey now, Bulletstork was fucking hilarious, and had some wild set pieces. That’s not the insult you meant it to be.

And yes, I see how Bulletstork is spelled there. My phone autocorrected to that at some point long in the past, and has held onto it for years.

Sep 14, 2021, 18:11
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 14, 2021, 18:11
Sep 14, 2021, 18:11

Too much gimmicky Bullet Storm garbage in the game and on top of that Denuvo. No thank you!!!
Author of the Neverwinter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Now integrated into Steams NWN: Enhanced Edition

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Sep 14, 2021, 18:02
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 14, 2021, 18:02
Sep 14, 2021, 18:02

Xero wrote on Sep 14, 2021, 17:55:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 14, 2021, 17:46:
The only thing I'm hearing about this game is about the microstutter.
Same issue that was never fixed in Dishonored 2.
The only relief is frame limiting to 60fps... but it has to be from nvidia control panel, not in-game settings.
And even that doesn't fix it completely.

I can't say I experienced that in Dishonored 2... though with that said, I have this weird thing that occurs even in the stand alone that happened with D2 where the initial loading bar, sometimes it just sits there for awhile for no rhyme or reason. Other times I fire up the game, it zips right through it like nothing. I have no idea what causes that to occur only sometimes... I don't have anything ever running in background so it can't be something taking resources. It also appears to only be with these games.

Could just be the game recompiling shaders after you install new drivers hence why it's only now and then.

Sep 14, 2021, 17:55
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 14, 2021, 17:55
Sep 14, 2021, 17:55

Sepharo wrote on Sep 14, 2021, 17:46:
The only relief is frame limiting to 60fps... but it has to be from nvidia control panel, not in-game settings.

I can't say I experienced that in Dishonored 2... though with that said, I have this weird thing that occurs even in the stand alone that happened with D2 where the initial loading bar, sometimes it just sits there for awhile for no rhyme or reason. Other times I fire up the game, it zips right through it like nothing. I have no idea what causes that to occur only sometimes... I don't have anything ever running in background so it can't be something taking resources. It also appears to only be with these games.

Sep 14, 2021, 17:46
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 14, 2021, 17:46
Sep 14, 2021, 17:46

Sep 14, 2021, 17:43
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 14, 2021, 17:43
Sep 14, 2021, 17:43

hrmm
61% of the 1,719 user reviews for this game are positive.
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Sep 14, 2021, 17:24
Re: DEATHLOOP Released Sep 14, 2021, 17:24
Sep 14, 2021, 17:24

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older