Stream Xbox Games on Windows

Xbox Wire announces updates to the Xbox App for Windows 10/11 PCs now allows for additional options for streaming Xbox games to your computer:
So today, we’re opening up new possibilities for you to remotely play console games on your Windows 10 PCs (or later) with updates to the Xbox app, including support for:

• Playing Xbox Game Pass games from the cloud
  • Playing games directly from your console with Xbox remote play

With these new updates, you now can play some of your favorite console titles on a wide range of PCs, even those that don’t have the specs required for certain PC titles. Streaming games through the Xbox app provides the quickest way to play without having to install games on your PC, giving you more time to dive right into Psychonauts 2, Hades, or whatever else you are playing.

View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Stream Xbox Games on Windows
Sep 15, 2021, 23:25
Re: Stream Xbox Games on Windows Sep 15, 2021, 23:25
Sep 15, 2021, 23:25

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 15, 2021, 18:15:
WannaLogAlready wrote on Sep 14, 2021, 13:52:
selection7 wrote on Sep 14, 2021, 12:59:
How many console games will then allow me to use mouse and keyboard? As a pc gamer exclusively, I've been waiting basically my whole life for that from consoles
You can do it right now.
Note: I don't have a gamepad.
In your PC, convert any game supporting gamepad but *not* K&M, to a perfectly controlled K&M one.

Example: played Borderlands 2 VR (TMC or gamepad only, CAN'T use K&M ) with the same K&M settings as any other Bordelands game.

Download x360ce, and Glovepie, both free and clean.

*Run x360ce, and your PC thinks a gamepad is plugged in.*
It has a menu to convert all gamepad inputs to any keyboard and mouse inputs that you choose.

If you have problems with the mouse axes in some games (maybe resolved already), run Glovepie, and copy this exactly as shown.

Key.Left = delta(Mouse.DirectInputX) < -1 in mickeys
Key.Right = delta(Mouse.DirectInputX) > 1 in mickeys
Key.Up = delta(Mouse.DirectInputY) < -1 in mickeys
Key.Down = delta(Mouse.DirectInputY) > 1 in mickeys

You can use the arrow keys, Up, Down, Left, Right or *any* other keys.
Setup the chosen Glovepie keys as mouse movements in x360ce.

Voila, play the game and forget that Glovepie and x360ce are running.
K&M wil work as in any PC game.

Surprises me, how many empowering game changing tricks are unknown to redoubtable PC gamers.
Thanks!
Although part of me is annoyed that the reply to my plea is "use a 3rd party workaround!"—considering PC Gaming has been kicking Xbox gaming's butt for years now (and they still refuse to cater to the keyboard & mouse gamers!), and considering implementing proper native support would account for <1% of their dev costs—that is a separate issue from your suggestion, which does sound intriguing if it's a universal, fully compatible solution. I'll check it out! And I even learned what "redoubtable" means, which I haven't heard anyone use in at least a decade.

BTW, the last console I bought was in the 90s when I was a kid. I have had no desire to settle for a blatantly inferior control scheme*, and when I make up my mind, I tend to stick with it.
*unless you're playing a platformer, driving game, or sports, and you can always plug in a controller and play those on a pc

Sep 15, 2021, 18:15
Re: Stream Xbox Games on Windows Sep 15, 2021, 18:15
Sep 15, 2021, 18:15

WannaLogAlready wrote on Sep 14, 2021, 13:52:
How many console games will then allow me to use mouse and keyboard? As a pc gamer exclusively, I've been waiting basically my whole life for that from consoles
You can do it right now.
In your PC, convert any game supporting gamepad but *not* K&M, to a perfectly controlled K&M one.

Example: played Borderlands 2 VR (TMC or gamepad only, CAN'T use K&M ) with the same K&M settings as any other Bordelands game.

It has a menu to convert all gamepad inputs to any keyboard and mouse inputs that you choose.

If you have problems with the mouse axes in some games (maybe resolved already), run Glovepie, and copy this exactly as shown.

Surprises me, how many empowering game changing tricks are unknown to redoubtable PC gamers.
Thanks!
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Sep 15, 2021, 17:40
Re: Stream Xbox Games on Windows Sep 15, 2021, 17:40
Sep 15, 2021, 17:40

On the contrary, I think this gives one more special capability to PC gamers :
Don't see PS5 playing streamed Xbox games or viceversa.

And year after year, doomsayers predict the doom for PCs, when I only see evolving and growing.

Sep 15, 2021, 07:01
Re: Stream Xbox Games on Windows Sep 15, 2021, 07:01
Sep 15, 2021, 07:01

Great yet another nail in the coffin of PC games. Even less reason to put any effort at all to convert console games to PC. Microsoft wants to entirely kill PC gaming. Soon your only option on a PC to play some games will be via this MS subscription, forget about a PC version even being made for sale.
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Sep 14, 2021, 13:52
Re: Stream Xbox Games on Windows Sep 14, 2021, 13:52
Sep 14, 2021, 13:52

You can do it right now.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2021, 14:06.

Sep 14, 2021, 13:46
Re: Stream Xbox Games on Windows Sep 14, 2021, 13:46
Sep 14, 2021, 13:46

Rilcon wrote on Sep 14, 2021, 11:37:
I'm confused... streaming from one's Xbox to their PC has been available through their app for years... It's how I replayed Red Dead Redemption three years ago while waiting on RDR2...

Sounds like you can now stream games from your Xbox outside of your home network.

Sep 14, 2021, 12:59
Re: Stream Xbox Games on Windows Sep 14, 2021, 12:59
Sep 14, 2021, 12:59

Sep 14, 2021, 11:37
Rilcon

Re: Stream Xbox Games on Windows Sep 14, 2021, 11:37
Sep 14, 2021, 11:37
 Rilcon

I'm confused... streaming from one's Xbox to their PC has been available through their app for years... It's how I replayed Red Dead Redemption three years ago while waiting on RDR2...
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older