GeForce NOW! Data Dive Mentions God of War and More

A post on Medium discusses a deep dive taken into a game list accessed by the GeForce NOW! client. There's a discussion of what was done and why, accompanied by this video with a look. The result is a greatly expanded list of games well beyond what are normally playable through the cloud gaming service. This includes games that are no longer in development, unannounced titles, and other oddities, so this should not be taken as a list of games known to be coming to the service. A post on Reddit (thanks Simon) rounding up the mentioned titles warns of this as well: "This is one of those leaks that contains information from canned projects, placeholder games aswell [sic] as actually legit games." Included on the list are PC editions of God of War, Returnal, and Demon Souls as well as rumored Half-Life 2: Remastered. Here are some of the titles:
Unlocking GeForce Now gives you access to Nvidia's internal database that they use for testing (last updated six months ago) which contains tons of unreleased games like:

• God of War, Returnal and Demon Souls for PC
  • No mention of PS4's Spider-Man or Bloodborne for PC
  • GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas Remasters
  • Some unannounced GeForce NOW games like Mafia: Definitive Edition
  • Even the new Uncharted Collection for PC (with its complete name) and Alan Wake Remastered are there
  • A lot of PlayStation Games/Ports (IMPORTANT! If it doesn't say Steam/Epic at the end it might just be a GeForce Now/PS Now crossover for testing (since PS NOW is also on PC))
  • Some announced and unannounced Xbox Game Studio's Projects (announced games like Avowed, Fable (Project Holland), Forza (Project Woodstock))
  • Some Nintendo Games like Super Mario Bros. Wii. show up because of Nvidia SHIELD in China
  • ''Fight for Middle-Earth''
  • Half-Life 2 Remastered (under Valve Software)
  • Titan Quest 2 & Outcast (''at the THQ Nordic Event September 17th'')
  • Payday 3
  • ''Project FPS (Paradox Interactive)''

View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: GeForce NOW! Data Dive Mentions God of War and More
Sep 14, 2021, 10:01
Re: GeForce NOW! Data Dive Mentions God of War and More Sep 14, 2021, 10:01
Sep 14, 2021, 10:01

I like the Gears of War, Halo, Lucky's Tail, anything by Rare, all Forza games, but that is really all Xbox has. The PS4 exclusives are so good. Personally though, most of my time playing console is on the Switch.

Sep 14, 2021, 08:33
Re: GeForce NOW! Data Dive Mentions God of War and More Sep 14, 2021, 08:33
Sep 14, 2021, 08:33

Basically, if a game was a PS4 exclusive, it's worth checking out if it comes to PC. God of War, Uncharted, Spider-man, HZD, Ratchet & Clank, Last of Us, Shadow of the Colossus' remake.
I hope that if Uncharted 4 does well on PC that they'll port the 1-3 collection as well. The first game is a bit rough, the second game is a masterpiece, the third game...well, there's a third game. It exists. The second game, though, is so good that I never expected them to be able to surpass it. But they did! With 4.

Kinda sad that only like...two Xbox One exclusives were worth checking out. Sea of Thieves (and that's only *with friends* that it's worth playing), and of course the Forza Horizon games.

Sep 14, 2021, 04:41
Re: GeForce NOW! Data Dive Mentions God of War and More Sep 14, 2021, 04:41
Sep 14, 2021, 04:41

Nvidia responded

Quote: "NVIDIA is aware of an unauthorized published game list, with both released and/or speculative titles, used only for internal tracking and testing. Inclusion on the list is neither confirmation nor an announcement of any game.

NVIDIA took immediate action to remove access to the list. No confidential game builds or personal information were exposed."

Sep 13, 2021, 23:39
Re: GeForce NOW! Data Dive Mentions God of War and More Sep 13, 2021, 23:39
Sep 13, 2021, 23:39

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 13, 2021, 20:24:
The half life 2 remastered link had an additional m/s/ that didn't need to be there. Here is the correct link https://www.bluesnews.com/s/239130/half-life-2-remastered-collection-mod-plans

Heh, thanks for the heads up. I'll let Blue know.
With great freedom comes great responsibility.

Sep 13, 2021, 22:09
Re: GeForce NOW! Data Dive Mentions God of War and More Sep 13, 2021, 22:09
Sep 13, 2021, 22:09

Titan Quest 2 & Outcast (''at the THQ Nordic Event September 17th'')

They already did a remaster of the first game... Dare I hope this is a proper sequel? Pray

Sep 13, 2021, 20:29
Re: GeForce NOW! Data Dive Mentions God of War and More Sep 13, 2021, 20:29
Sep 13, 2021, 20:29

HL2 remastered isn't a rumour, we've known it's a thing for a long time now, the team isn't even keeping it a secret. But it also isn't some huge graphical update to the game, most if it is geared towards fixing bugs and moving the game to a newer fork of the engine, while improving mod support (I believe Workshop support is planned.)

Sep 13, 2021, 20:24
Re: GeForce NOW! Data Dive Mentions God of War and More Sep 13, 2021, 20:24
Sep 13, 2021, 20:24

The half life 2 remastered link had an additional m/s/ that didn't need to be there. Here is the correct link https://www.bluesnews.com/s/239130/half-life-2-remastered-collection-mod-plans
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Sep 13, 2021, 19:53
Re: GeForce NOW! Data Dive Mentions God of War and More Sep 13, 2021, 19:53
Sep 13, 2021, 19:53

Wish there was a bigger backlash against Publishers that pulled their games from GFN. It clearly is a much more consumer friendly option than others like Stadia.
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older