25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Evening Interviews
Sep 13, 2021, 10:09
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 13, 2021, 10:09
Sep 13, 2021, 10:09

Beamer wrote on Sep 13, 2021, 08:56:

Wait a minute.

So it's ok for you to personally attack him for his hair, but not for me to treat you the same way due to your military cosplay?

Man, does the far right shoe fit for you. As soon as you're treated as you treat others, you cry victim.
Please consider getting those emotions in check. You're all over the place. The rest of us appreciate some rational, logical thinking. You just bring emotions - anger followed by being offended.

You're a walking cartoon. If you were in a movie as a Capitol insurrectionist people would think it was too far fetched that as perfect a stereotype existed.

Wow, so much busted thought at once...
Where to go when you can't even understand the separation between you having to stoop directly to personal attacks on this forum in attempt to argue if a game developer (not participating on this forum) is super woke or not, followed up by no concept of what I look like on a daily basis vs someone who presents themselves as having rainbow hair absolutely everyday until updates otherwise.

Lol like we supposed to ask for everyone's background every time someone makes fun of Cliffy B, love the crazy town logic. Sorry Sir, turns out you are basement neckbeard, you are unable to make fun of Cliffy B today.

You work so hard at every possible distraction besides the point at hand: as complete package, in self, game, and comments, this game developer present themselves as woke AF. What I am has no point in any of this, but apparently I'm somehow claiming victim, by pointing out they are almost guaranteed to be made to look like fools claiming an anti-censorship stance with the groups they are catering to.

And once again the projection of "non rational, and emotional" followed up with I must be an insurrectionist because we disagree....
Every response from you is an elaborate remix of "you are wrong because you are poopy head"
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 13, 2021, 08:56
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 13, 2021, 08:56
Sep 13, 2021, 08:56

milspecmonkey wrote on Sep 13, 2021, 05:12:
Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2021, 09:04:

Yup, you're a far right military cosplayer who can't stop whining about politics.

Don't see how you're not the mirror of what is offending you so much here.

"Guys, I need my tactical pants and ballistic eyewear in case the rainbow haired men invade us and steal our votes!"

Never called him normal. Will never call you other side of the coin normal. But at least he's adding value to some people's lives.

-Back to attempted personal attacks from the debate pro
-I'm not mid video game development with a fluff article about me
-We disagree on "value" when it comes to planning to make a political statement injected into a half-assed video game being content with the idea of being a financial disaster, likely spending mostly other people's money to do it.

And again, "Everyone who disagrees with me is far right" level of political assessment.

Your chosen battles are pretty hilarious,
This game dev situation is @HardDriveMag parody level WOKE, and you are over here ready to have a poo poo head name calling contest over it.

Wait a minute.

So it's ok for you to personally attack him for his hair, but not for me to treat you the same way due to your military cosplay?

Man, does the far right shoe fit for you. As soon as you're treated as you treat others, you cry victim.
Please consider getting those emotions in check. You're all over the place. The rest of us appreciate some rational, logical thinking. You just bring emotions - anger followed by being offended.

You're a walking cartoon. If you were in a movie as a Capitol insurrectionist people would think it was too far fetched that as perfect a stereotype existed.
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 13, 2021, 05:12
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 13, 2021, 05:12
Sep 13, 2021, 05:12

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2021, 09:04:

Yup, you're a far right military cosplayer who can't stop whining about politics.

"Guys, I need my tactical pants and ballistic eyewear in case the rainbow haired men invade us and steal our votes!"

Never called him normal. Will never call you other side of the coin normal. But at least he's adding value to some people's lives.

-Back to attempted personal attacks from the debate pro
-I'm not mid video game development with a fluff article about me
-We disagree on "value" when it comes to planning to make a political statement injected into a half-assed video game being content with the idea of being a financial disaster, likely spending mostly other people's money to do it.

And again, "Everyone who disagrees with me is far right" level of political assessment.

Your chosen battles are pretty hilarious,
This game dev situation is @HardDriveMag parody level WOKE, and you are over here ready to have a poo poo head name calling contest over it.
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 12, 2021, 09:04
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 12, 2021, 09:04
Sep 12, 2021, 09:04

milspecmonkey wrote on Sep 11, 2021, 18:38:
Beamer wrote on Sep 11, 2021, 09:41:
milspecmonkey wrote on Sep 10, 2021, 19:56:
a parody avatar of hard leftist Twitter video game developer.

True or false: do you wear camo regardless of activity, and wear wraparound sunglasses?

Heh unlike chief "Poorly Timed Games" here, I have enough personal awareness to adjust my appearance to be appropriate for what I'm doing or where I am going at the time.
Most of my tactical pants are solid color actually, and I have various style ballistic eyewear. Pretty much once again several of you can't even admit when a dev is being ridiculous and want to pretend it is "normal" or once out of any arguments, attempt to personally attack me without being moderated. Way to stay consistent (thumbs up)

Topic Locked Report

Sep 11, 2021, 22:30
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 11, 2021, 22:30
Sep 11, 2021, 22:30

Peeeling wrote on Sep 11, 2021, 19:11:
milspecmonkey wrote on Sep 10, 2021, 18:51:
Ummm k, so are we about to have an argument that a guy with rainbow hair that made a game about diversity, environment (specifically sighting Green New Deal), and "overzealous capitalism"; spoke almost nothing about gameplay........ is not starting from a politicalized standpoint?

We're about to have an argument that not everything featured in a game - or movie, or book - with political content is necessarily politicised within that media, or is intrinsically a political issue outside it. Spoilers: I win it.

Oh cool, so first we are pretending the game wasn't political, now we've moved onto whether "politicised within that media" or not. Maybe you have some weird definition of political, but this game is a prime example of a politicalized game to virtually everyone else.

Like seriously, the Green New Deal specifically? Come on, as if there wouldn't be piles more failed environment initiatives before we make it to a wasteland. Many would struggle to come up with a more politicized game plot point example.

And like you infer, it couuuuld be done in an interesting not directly politicized manner. Like say the civilized nations start to eventually give environment priority, but many of the less well off countries could continue to try and catch up with drastic policies that hurt the environment so much that it is perceived a threat to the other nations. So then there is a big quandary on what to do from there,

But no, we get rainbow hair current politics and no nuance rammed into a game instead.
Because as I said, they started with political intent before any of the functional game design and it is abundantly obvious.

A game that has a moment of political conflict or includes something like voting fraud is not a "political" game automatically. However making a game that goes out of it's way to give a political message based on how you should think about modern political issues, is political.

Topic Locked Report

Sep 11, 2021, 21:53
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 11, 2021, 21:53
Sep 11, 2021, 21:53

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 11, 2021, 18:56:
GaTeKeEpEr of the appropriate. You really need to add sarcasm tags. lol

I'm not micro managing how everyone should look, you are just being silly acting like straight up rainbow hair isn't an epic HEY IM ON THE LEFT virtue signal.
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 11, 2021, 19:11
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 11, 2021, 19:11
Sep 11, 2021, 19:11

Ummm k, so are we about to have an argument that a guy with rainbow hair that made a game about diversity, environment (specifically sighting Green New Deal), and "overzealous capitalism"; spoke almost nothing about gameplay........ is not starting from a politicalized standpoint?

We're about to have an argument that not everything featured in a game - or movie, or book - with political content is necessarily politicised within that media, or is intrinsically a political issue outside it. Spoilers: I win it.
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 11, 2021, 18:56
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 11, 2021, 18:56
Sep 11, 2021, 18:56

GaTeKeEpEr of the appropriate. You really need to add sarcasm tags. lol
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 11, 2021, 18:38
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 11, 2021, 18:38
Sep 11, 2021, 18:38

True or false: do you wear camo regardless of activity, and wear wraparound sunglasses?

Heh unlike chief "Poorly Timed Games" here, I have enough personal awareness to adjust my appearance to be appropriate for what I'm doing or where I am going at the time.
Most of my tactical pants are solid color actually, and I have various style ballistic eyewear. Pretty much once again several of you can't even admit when a dev is being ridiculous and want to pretend it is "normal" or once out of any arguments, attempt to personally attack me without being moderated. Way to stay consistent (thumbs up)
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 11, 2021, 13:00
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 11, 2021, 13:00
Sep 11, 2021, 13:00

He heh
I do some computer work for a lawn and garden store, as a bonus they always give me a pair of safety sunglasses that have set on the shelf too long.. Here’s my last pair.
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 11, 2021, 09:41
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 11, 2021, 09:41
Sep 11, 2021, 09:41

Topic Locked Report

Sep 10, 2021, 20:59
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 10, 2021, 20:59
Sep 10, 2021, 20:59

NKD wrote on Sep 10, 2021, 20:25:

Well I can't say I'm too familiar with the site the article is on, not enough to tell you whether I agree that they are biased or not at any rate. I'm looking through it now and there are a lot of articles about a lot of different things...it seems focused on the operating side of studios rather than the products themselves though. Acquisitions, changes to compensation or working hours, etc. It isn't a games review site and doesn't seem to "spotlight" any games at all.

I'll cut them a little slack to say not as bad as Gamasutra, but much like Arstechnica there will be a good amount of on topic/site theme articles, then out of no where an equivalent article written by Anita Sarkeesian types that never should have escaped their Twitter page.
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 10, 2021, 20:25
NKD
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 10, 2021, 20:25
Sep 10, 2021, 20:25
NKD

milspecmonkey wrote on Sep 10, 2021, 20:16:
The other big difference is sites like GamesIndustry.biz have extremely biased takes on which type of indie game gets a spotlight.

We could have received an article on any of the other indie games actually innovating video game gameplay, but instead we get a diversity fluff piece somehow inferring they are anti censorship when that whole community causes censorship constantly. The hypocrisy is insulting and then you're over here all "I dunno man, seems fine to me"

Well I can't say I'm too familiar with the site the article is on, not enough to tell you whether I agree that they are biased or not at any rate. I'm looking through it now and there are a lot of articles about a lot of different things...it seems focused on the operating side of studios rather than the products themselves though. Acquisitions, changes to compensation or working hours, etc. It isn't a games review site and doesn't seem to "spotlight" any games at all.
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 10, 2021, 20:16
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 10, 2021, 20:16
Sep 10, 2021, 20:16

NKD wrote on Sep 10, 2021, 19:54:

I'm sure those games exist somewhere, but honestly I'd probably just ignore them in the same way that I ignore most other games. If an AAA publisher was trying to sell a game like that, I might question their sanity as it sounds like a great way to lose money, but if it was an indie studio like this guy? The same rules apply. If they want to make that game, and they aren't doing anything shady or unethical in their business, go for it.

My point is not to block someone making a game, but I'm going to make fun of how ridiculous their priorities are just as much as "The Bible Game". The other big difference is sites like GamesIndustry.biz have extremely biased takes on which type of indie game gets a spotlight.

We could have received an article on any of the other indie games actually innovating video game gameplay, but instead we get a diversity fluff piece somehow inferring they are anti censorship when that whole community causes censorship constantly. The hypocrisy is insulting and then you're over here all "I dunno man, seems fine to me"
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 10, 2021, 19:56
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 10, 2021, 19:56
Sep 10, 2021, 19:56

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 10, 2021, 19:33:

wtf NKD, didn't you notice the R A I N B O W hair.
Jesus man, get with the program. gosh

Redeye strategy: pick one attribute to pretend was the only factor of personal representation when the person of topic basically is a parody avatar of hard leftist Twitter video game developer.
Solid zing Sir
Meanwhile, butterfly meme: This person does not agree with me / Redeye: Is this person hard right?
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 10, 2021, 19:54
NKD
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 10, 2021, 19:54
Sep 10, 2021, 19:54
NKD

milspecmonkey wrote on Sep 10, 2021, 19:43:
Seems bold to ignore the crazy new "concept" that all actors suddenly have to be exactly be what characters they are portraying, and then not even something very qualifiable when it comes to "non-binary" has very little meaning at this point. It's ridiculous and to act like everyone should just shut up infers no game development should be critiqued ever.

I can critique their games, but how they run their business isn't of interest to me unless they are grab-assing the employees, not paying them, or otherwise up to no good. If they want to prioritize diversity and those other things, and it works for them, it's not my concern. I'll judge their game on its merits, if it is at all interesting, or ignore it if it isn't interesting.

This article reads almost like parody and you are trying to defend it.... as if you wouldn't have something to say if a right side over the top game was being promoted talking about strict family roles, importance of faith, emphasizing free market, etc.

I'm sure those games exist somewhere, but honestly I'd probably just ignore them in the same way that I ignore most other games. If an AAA publisher was trying to sell a game like that, I might question their sanity as it sounds like a great way to lose money, but if it was an indie studio like this guy? The same rules apply. If they want to make that game, and they aren't doing anything shady or unethical in their business, go for it.
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 10, 2021, 19:43
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 10, 2021, 19:43
Sep 10, 2021, 19:43

NKD wrote on Sep 10, 2021, 19:17:

Also a whole other side story of comedy to be unpacked from "Poorly Timed Games even recast a non-binary character when they realised they had assigned a voice actor who was not non-binary"

Such as why does that matter,

Because it matters to them and its their company and their project?

if it does matter why would you miss it before hand, did the person just decide they were not non-binary anymore, etc...

Mistakes happen. Besides, who cares? The guy is making games he wants to make, hiring the people he wants to hire, and doesn't seem to be doing any harm to anyone, so who gives a shit?

Seems bold to ignore the crazy new "concept" that all actors suddenly have to be exactly be what characters they are portraying, and then not even something very qualifiable when it comes to "non-binary" has very little meaning at this point. It's ridiculous and to act like everyone should just shut up infers no game development should be critiqued ever.
This article reads almost like parody and you are trying to defend it.... as if you wouldn't have something to say if a right side over the top game was being promoted talking about strict family roles, importance of faith, emphasizing free market, etc.
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 10, 2021, 19:33
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 10, 2021, 19:33
Sep 10, 2021, 19:33

NKD wrote on Sep 10, 2021, 19:17:

Also a whole other side story of comedy to be unpacked from "Poorly Timed Games even recast a non-binary character when they realised they had assigned a voice actor who was not non-binary"

if it does matter why would you miss it before hand, did the person just decide they were not non-binary anymore, etc...

Mistakes happen. Besides, who cares? The guy is making games he wants to make, hiring the people he wants to hire, and doesn't seem to be doing any harm to anyone, so who gives a shit?
wtf NKD, didn't you notice the R A I N B O W hair.
Jesus man, get with the program. gosh
 Topic Locked Report

Sep 10, 2021, 19:17
NKD
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 10, 2021, 19:17
Sep 10, 2021, 19:17
NKD

Topic Locked Report

Sep 10, 2021, 18:51
Re: Evening Interviews Sep 10, 2021, 18:51
Sep 10, 2021, 18:51

Peeeling wrote on Sep 10, 2021, 09:56:
milspecmonkey wrote on Sep 9, 2021, 20:43:
They started with a political message

They may well have had 'diverse cast' as a lodestone of the design, but diversity is not a political issue or message. Diversity exists. It is part of the human condition. It can be politicised, but that's true of anything.

Hell I don't even care about if "politicalized" or not. They started with story lines they wanted to portray that seem completely disconnected to the gameplay to the point where they might as well have just made a video rather than a video game.

Such as why does that matter, if it does matter why would you miss it before hand, did the person just decide they were not non-binary anymore, etc...
 Topic Locked Report
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older