Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Game Reviews
Sep 9, 2021, 02:29
Re: Game Reviews Sep 9, 2021, 02:29
Sep 9, 2021, 02:29

Quinn wrote on Sep 9, 2021, 02:25:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 8, 2021, 13:39:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 7, 2021, 16:54:
My beef is that I do not like liars nor do I like to be lied to.

Sean Murray flat out lied and misrepresented the product before its release. There's no "matter of perspective" here, he willfully and knowingly misrepresented the product.

As I said in a previous thread, neither he nor Hello Games get credit for fixing their fuckups. It's expected. The fact that other devs don't is irrelevant to me.

It could be the most awesome game ever made in the whole of human endeavor right now, it would still be irrelevant to me.

NMS is tainted by its birth and the actions of its devs. It always will be.
Ouch, see your point and beef. I wasn't tuned in to the game back there, only read here and there.
That would definitely keep me from buying any of their games, thanks.

Meh, to me it was obvious that Sean wasn't a PR guy. He was nervous and awkward in every interview. I took everything he said with a grain of salt, but apparently I have a special sense for these things since the rest of the gaming community went postal when NMS wasn't even close to what Sean promised.

Personally I wouldn't let Burrito of Peace's grudge influence you too much. There's another side of the coin and that's me. Eventually they keep giving this game love, more than I've ever seen any other dev do. They could've just cashed in but they didn't. I still believes this is all on Awkward Sean and not on the entire tiny team that's Hello Games. Just get the game now. It's a fucking diamond by now.

Exactly. And, if it wasn't clear, I thought that Burrito of Peace's rant was idiotic. Sean made a mistake, but he worked hard to rectify that.

Sep 9, 2021, 02:25
Re: Game Reviews Sep 9, 2021, 02:25
Sep 9, 2021, 02:25

Acleacius wrote on Sep 8, 2021, 13:39:

Sean Murray flat out lied and misrepresented the product before its release. There's no "matter of perspective" here, he willfully and knowingly misrepresented the product.

As I said in a previous thread, neither he nor Hello Games get credit for fixing their fuckups. It's expected. The fact that other devs don't is irrelevant to me.

It could be the most awesome game ever made in the whole of human endeavor right now, it would still be irrelevant to me.

Ouch, see your point and beef. I wasn't tuned in to the game back there, only read here and there.

Meh, to me it was obvious that Sean wasn't a PR guy. He was nervous and awkward in every interview. I took everything he said with a grain of salt, but apparently I have a special sense for these things since the rest of the gaming community went postal when NMS wasn't even close to what Sean promised.

Personally I wouldn't let Burrito of Peace's grudge influence you too much. There's another side of the coin and that's me. Eventually they keep giving this game love, more than I've ever seen any other dev do. They could've just cashed in but they didn't. I still believes this is all on Awkward Sean and not on the entire tiny team that's Hello Games. Just get the game now. It's a fucking diamond by now.
Currently playing: Darktide

Sep 8, 2021, 13:39
Re: Game Reviews Sep 8, 2021, 13:39
Sep 8, 2021, 13:39

Scorpio Slasher: What about you boy, what do hate?
Marcus: Bullies. Tiny dick egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you. I f*cking hate people like you!

Sep 8, 2021, 01:38
Re: Game Reviews Sep 8, 2021, 01:38
Sep 8, 2021, 01:38

I played NMS last year and while I enjoyed it to some extent it is really a subpar space game.

Walking around on the planet is done well but the actual flying is not good. So many features that I expect in a space game are missing. (Un)fortunately I already forgot most of what I was annoyed about.

One thing I'll never forget, though. It's how space looks. You are always flying through colourful mists. It doesn't feel like you are flying in space at all. There are so many asteroid or debris fields it's like you wonder whether you are in vacuum at all and the planets are all so close together it's a wonder they don't crash into each other.

Ultimately I'd rather play X4.
Now we donce.

Sep 7, 2021, 22:54
Re: Game Reviews Sep 7, 2021, 22:54
Sep 7, 2021, 22:54

NMS does look really good now, but something is missing to make me want to buy it. Not sure what. Maybe it needs to be a survival game so there is a challenge. Not sure.

Sep 7, 2021, 21:50
Re: Game Reviews Sep 7, 2021, 21:50
Sep 7, 2021, 21:50

Joss Whedon not looking so great these days either.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Sep 7, 2021, 19:43
Re: Game Reviews Sep 7, 2021, 19:43
Sep 7, 2021, 19:43

Looks like kxmode has competition
"It's like you have a neon sign that just says 'raw dog me! I'm a bottom!'" -Queen Maeve

Sep 7, 2021, 19:16
Re: Game Reviews Sep 7, 2021, 19:16
Sep 7, 2021, 19:16

Wonderful writing, oh high and mighty one.

Sep 7, 2021, 16:54
Re: Game Reviews Sep 7, 2021, 16:54
Sep 7, 2021, 16:54

"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Sep 7, 2021, 16:25
Re: Game Reviews Sep 7, 2021, 16:25
Sep 7, 2021, 16:25

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 7, 2021, 14:45:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 7, 2021, 14:27:
Please tell me someone made a mod with this theme song?

What would sully the awesomeness of Firefly with the tainted legacy of NMS?
So what's your Beef Burrito! Giggle
Because you don't like NMS now at high quality (maybe that's subjective?) or because the majority of negative reviews? (which were from the first year when the game was trash)
So if the game had released a year later, 80%+ of the negative reviews probably wouldn't exist. But I get it if it's not your genre of choice, lots don't like Survival or SciFi.
I could listen to the FireFly theme in the background on almost any game I play like FO4. To be honest FO4 is my "Flying Through The Air" theme.
Evil corp (Enclave) check, Cryo check, Vertibirds check, zombies (ferals ) check and badass chick and gang kicking ass and taking names check, check and check. Mwahaha
Marcus: Bullies. Tiny dick egotists who hurt people for no reason, make people lock their doors at night. People who make general existence worse, people like you. I f*cking hate people like you!

Sep 7, 2021, 14:45
Re: Game Reviews Sep 7, 2021, 14:45
Sep 7, 2021, 14:45

Acleacius wrote on Sep 7, 2021, 14:27:

What would sully the awesomeness of Firefly with the tainted legacy of NMS?
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Sep 7, 2021, 14:27
Re: Game Reviews Sep 7, 2021, 14:27
Sep 7, 2021, 14:27

Geesh, they don't even provide a link in the article. Not to mention the game is on sale for %50 off.
No Man's Sky

Sep 7, 2021, 12:15
Re: Game Reviews Sep 7, 2021, 12:15
Sep 7, 2021, 12:15

Hell hath no fury like a nerd’s scorn
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older