Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Released

Pathfinder players willing to risk a little wrath will be pleased to learn that Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is now available, offering a sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. You can find Owlcat Games' Windows and macOS fantasy RPG by striking a path to the Epic Games Store, GOG.com, and Steam. There are editions on the way for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 that are expected on March 1, 2022. Here's the Launch Trailer and here are some righteous details:
Based on the celebrated tabletop role-playing game Pathfinder, this game takes place in the Worldwound, a land conquered by Deskari's army of demons. To fight against corruption, players will be able to choose from a host of mythic paths, each of which follows a distinct narrative arc. As Commander, players can become a celestial angel, raging demon, powerful lich, a cunning trickster, otherworldly aeon, a rebellious Azata, a wise gold dragon, an insatiable Swarm-That-Walks, or remain a mortal and walk the arduous path toward becoming a living legend.

The trailer showcases details about crusade mode, along with mounted combat and tactical combat game mechanics. Crusade mode enables players to select their general, change the size of their army, and explore the map of the world.
View : : :

Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Released
Sep 3, 2021, 14:51
Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Released Sep 3, 2021, 14:51
Sep 3, 2021, 14:51

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 3, 2021, 13:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 3, 2021, 04:05:
Switch to turn based for fights that give you trouble mate. Or just say which map you mean specifically because I can definitely give you some guidance if you want it. At least as far as Dredsen Siege.

I give you some "free" hints just so
Do not enable XP sharing unless you want to go 100% on every side mission and you literally do every quest.

If you enabled Enhanced enemies and Advanced AI on Core rules then good luck with restarting There is a reason those settings are default off. The game is HARD even on Casual with 60% less damage because you start with low level and fight stuff that is 5 levels above you. And demons with multi-attack or even just normal water elementals are no joke even with that reduction. When you see enemies hit for 20 damage at 60% reduction it makes you wonder what part of this difficulty setting is "casual" ;p

Also I feel like mentioning, I literally had 5 of 6 dead party members on the defense mission in act 1 - on CASUAL. And I was already adapting them to fit my playstyle better at that point. It's insane how difficult some fights can get if you get unlucky rolls or it just overwhelms you.

Yeah, the game is definitely difficult, although I've probably screwed myself a bit with my custom settings: no damage penalties, no hp penalties, no ability penalties (all for the enemy stats), shared experience (everybody levels up even out of party), no auto leveling(I really don't know pathfinder well enough to have chosen this ) and I have read no guides, watched no previews, no beta playthroughs.

I did turn off perma death though, just so it's not a constant trek to get guys revived. Definitely seems to be a lack of frontline fighter types, so far I've found only the one paladin who can wear heavy armor, and I do have a zen archer monk who can reasonably stand in front. I tried out my PC as Battle Singer Skald(junk, maybe on a second or third playthrough I will be able to do that class), Gendarme Cavalier (actually hilariously fun with the horse, but full damage enemies were gibbing the horse in 1 second, definitely going to do a second playthrough with that class), Grenadier Alchemist (fucking awesome, but made my party way too squishy), and now finally back to Tower Shield Fighter, who I am going to go full tank the whole way with, unless I find a godly NPC tank somewhere.

I am enjoying the game, and it seems like there is a ton of content. Please no spoilers, thanks for the tips. Nothing seems to save you from an unlucky roll though, every now and then somebody just gets hit for about 70+ damage and they are gone. I have gotten to level 4 and have finally found or killed some enemies and acquired their better weapons and armor, as well as a certain sentient... thing, that's making the game easier. I am just going to barrel ahead with this playthrough, whatever happens, happens. My PC is chaotic good, and definitely living up to the chaos part of that. Was that a good quest choice? I hope so, because it's already been made and we're over here now, setting fire to this building!

Awesome game, for those wondering. But definitely NOT a forgiving game. I desperately hope somebody makes a full respec for NPCs mod eventually, so I can use that my second playthrough. I love the dialogue of the party members so far, but holy shit, did we seriously need ANOTHER cleric in this game that can't wear armor, and literally has 7 strength?! Owlcat fucking hates clankers, that's all I can figure. The only good NPC tanks are ones that (so far) cannot join your party!

*EDIT* Also, no major bugs so far, a couple display/area change bugs that got resolved with moving the camera around, and one UI bug that's minor and can just be cancelled out of (sometimes you can select an individual teammate power if you drag select a group, and your mouse ends up near the UI bar at bottom.

I was psyched it was Demons this time, instead of stun spamming elves, but what the hell, I guess most games don't give the demons their full powers (immunities across the board, resistances across the board, level drain, mind control, etc. etc.) and off course everything needs to be cold iron. It makes all these masterwork items everywhere just merchant fodder.

Let's just say I needed 17 hours to get in FRONT of Drezen - and I knew what I was doing I actually leveled more than I expected with shared XP off, as I was using 2 mercs (shield dwarf and ranger) because the game didn't give me neither.

If you think those are full powered demons wait till you encounter the named ones, let's just say, level drain auras.
Date
Subject
Author
Sep 3, 2021Sep 3 2021
     Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Released
Sep 3, 2021Sep 3 2021
Sep 5, 2021Sep 5 2021