Jurassic Architect Announced

Jurassic Architect is a new game in the works at Polish developer Yeyuna that will allow players to emulate John Hammond (down to a semi-familiar logo) without any of those pesky licensing fees. This is coming to Steam and currently carries a TBA release date. This trailer shows off gameplay, proving once again that one should always account for chaos theory. Word is this is the result of an effort to save the Earth from depleted resources by going back in time to start depleting them earlier:
The development of civilization has depleted most of the earth, and the sky no longer lets in as much sun as it used to. The only solution was to combine the forces of the world's greatest powers and the construction of a portal that would allow humanity to once again move to the times of natural fertility.

Unfortunately, not everyone can get there. First of all, it will be necessary to send appropriate groups of people who will build and secure the settlement in order to be able to attract more people to it over time. When creating our settlement, we must remember to provide it with all the necessary resources. The areas from this era provide not only various rock deposits, but also ideal conditions for renewable energy sources or soil for numerous crops.
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Jurassic Architect Announced
Sep 2, 2021, 10:14
Re: Jurassic Architect Announced Sep 2, 2021, 10:14
Sep 2, 2021, 10:14

I never played the recent licensed JP builders, but weren't they more scenario oriented than say something like Roller Coaster Tycoon? I know that can have basic scenarios too, but I typically focused on just building the biggest, richest, best park I could forever without moving onto the next.
Did the licensed games have that kind of gameplay? Maybe this is trying to go more towards that?

Or like a Sim City (2013) showed-up by Cities: Skylines sort of situation?

Sep 1, 2021, 22:54
Re: Jurassic Architect Announced Sep 1, 2021, 22:54
Sep 1, 2021, 22:54

Damn. What a blatant copy of a game, lol. Granted, I'd expect this one to be more so a turd in comparison, but still, they're going all in with what they can, lol.

Sep 1, 2021, 16:22
Re: Jurassic Architect Announced Sep 1, 2021, 16:22
Sep 1, 2021, 16:22

Meh, depending on when you go back to, that asteroid may be millions of years away... Gonna need another portal to escape the next man-made calamity long before then!

Sep 1, 2021, 14:59
Re: Jurassic Architect Announced Sep 1, 2021, 14:59
Sep 1, 2021, 14:59

This game looks pretty mediocre, with a worse story and engine than Riftbreaker, but the same basic idea, build settlements in an untamed wilderness, with monsters/aliens/dinosaurs around.

But forget that, what about the extremely dark and dystopian nature of the basic premise? Humanity goes back in time, to use up resources apparently at least 65 million years before humanity naturally comes about? Pre-asteroid even? What would this mean as far as insane paradoxes go? Time travel to cause the extinction of the human race, basically, so a select few can... still die, I guess, when the Yucutan Peninsula asteroid strikes? Damn that's a downer.
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older