Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives

A post on the Star Citizen Forums complains that it's been over a year since a Letter from the Chairman promised upcoming "experience" initiatives to enhance the functionality in the crowdfunded space game (thanks Derek). Noting Chris Roberts stated "but if we just took the time to finish the existing professions and polish them, Star Citizen would have no rival," the post points out that things have gone in the wrong direction since this commitment:
I'm quite frankly surprised that we never heard this mentioned again. Neither in ISC, SCL, or in any articles on the website. I would have thought this would have been the buzzword for 2021 after that letter.

The fact is, that SC is now a worse experience than since Oct 10th 2020.

• There are more game-breaking bugs than ever.
  • The general server performance is worse than ever.
  • All gameplay loops are same state as Oct 2020 or in even worse condition (trading/mining as an example)

Is it time to postpone a patch and spend full time all man hours for 1 quarter to make the game playable and enjoyable?

View : : :
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives
Sep 5, 2021, 19:13
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 5, 2021, 19:13
Sep 5, 2021, 19:13

Rigs wrote on Sep 3, 2021, 17:01:
Do you guys not get the 'Squadron 42' update every month via email? I didn't even sign up for it and it still comes in every month like clockwork. I mean, to me, it sounds like they're slowly pushing along with the game...keyword being 'slowly'. Surely they could have done these things a bit quicker but I get the feeling through each month that Roberts has intentionally made it so they don't' do too much per month, whether out of fear of >crunch< or because he wants the best product and wants to take as much time as it needs to get it or he's intentionally stalling it. I really can't tell which from the newsletter, they seem to be doing dev stuff and have a roadmap. Still, most of the first half of this year was them working on how the NPC's used the cafeteria utensils, found food, acquired said food and then found a place to sit in the mess. No, I'm not kidding. And they're still working on it. On the other hand, they seem to bust through several chapters all the way up to grey-boxing with little fanfare. So, you tell me? **shrugs**

https://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/squadron-42-update-144748?e=b42cb59abd

=-Rigs-=
Cynical me says that Roberts is slow rowing SQ42. Once that comes out, many people lose interest in the project, since that was the pitch to begin with.
I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Sep 5, 2021, 13:06
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 5, 2021, 13:06
Sep 5, 2021, 13:06

McMil wrote on Sep 5, 2021, 11:02:
Azeroth would fit on a small section of one moon for comparison.
I'm guessing you have no evidence to back up that claim. And even if SC is orders of magnitude larger than WoW, that simply tells me it will never run smoothly. As far as I can tell, Redeye's review of your post is spot on.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Sep 5, 2021, 11:14
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 5, 2021, 11:14
Sep 5, 2021, 11:14

McMil wrote on Sep 5, 2021, 11:02:
Many of the citizens out there aren't in the loop with the development, they spent money on an alpha game and then bitch and complain, having no idea about Server meshing, quanta, quantum, all these back-end techs that are being put into the engine so we can have thousands of players in the same responsive dynamic universe. In the next year or two we will see it come alive with more systems, Nyx and Pyro, more players and bug fixes. The servers are over-stressed because right now, a single server runs all the assets, cities, outposts etc. in a place the size of a solar system. Azeroth would fit on a small section of one moon for comparison. Many 'bugs' are simply going to vanish once this tech is launched, and the remaining bugs will then be worthwhile to troubleshoot.
You forgot the sarcasm tag.
I like your judicious use of buzzwords and fanboy logic. Adding the bit about vanishing bugs was pure brilliance.
There hasn’t been a faux star citizen supportive post that good in a long time. 10 out of 10.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Sep 5, 2021, 11:02
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 5, 2021, 11:02
Sep 5, 2021, 11:02

Many of the citizens out there aren't in the loop with the development, they spent money on an alpha game and then bitch and complain, having no idea about Server meshing, quanta, quantum, all these back-end techs that are being put into the engine so we can have thousands of players in the same responsive dynamic universe. In the next year or two we will see it come alive with more systems, Nyx and Pyro, more players and bug fixes. The servers are over-stressed because right now, a single server runs all the assets, cities, outposts etc. in a place the size of a solar system. Azeroth would fit on a small section of one moon for comparison. Many 'bugs' are simply going to vanish once this tech is launched, and the remaining bugs will then be worthwhile to troubleshoot.

Sep 3, 2021, 17:01
Rigs

Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 3, 2021, 17:01
Sep 3, 2021, 17:01
 Rigs

Do you guys not get the 'Squadron 42' update every month via email? I didn't even sign up for it and it still comes in every month like clockwork. I mean, to me, it sounds like they're slowly pushing along with the game...keyword being 'slowly'. Surely they could have done these things a bit quicker but I get the feeling through each month that Roberts has intentionally made it so they don't' do too much per month, whether out of fear of >crunch< or because he wants the best product and wants to take as much time as it needs to get it or he's intentionally stalling it. I really can't tell which from the newsletter, they seem to be doing dev stuff and have a roadmap. Still, most of the first half of this year was them working on how the NPC's used the cafeteria utensils, found food, acquired said food and then found a place to sit in the mess. No, I'm not kidding. And they're still working on it. On the other hand, they seem to bust through several chapters all the way up to grey-boxing with little fanfare. So, you tell me? **shrugs**

https://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/squadron-42-update-144748?e=b42cb59abd

=-Rigs-=
'Sorry, we thought you were dead.'
'I was. I'm better now.'

Sep 3, 2021, 06:20
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 3, 2021, 06:20
Sep 3, 2021, 06:20

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 2, 2021, 05:42:
You know the end is near when even the diehard StarCitizen fanbois that visit Bluesnews are not showing up to defend the Chairman anymore.
Are there any left? I know I was a big advocate for the project many years back but the current state of the project is inexcusable. In fact, if you check out that post linked you'll see me there and I'm highly critical of the broken promises.

Most of the backers I have met over the years have turned against the project. Sadly, there are still a lot of people who will blindly defend the project from any criticism.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Sep 2, 2021, 18:25
El Pit

Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 2, 2021, 18:25
Sep 2, 2021, 18:25
 El Pit

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 2, 2021, 12:43:
El Pit wrote on Sep 2, 2021, 12:20:
It's not game development, it's game evolution. And evolution can take a few million years... or even hundreds of million years. See? Pay now and you are helping EVOLUTION! So, give, people. GIVE!!!
I'm anti-evolution and more of a creationist. Star Citizen should be done in 7 days.
6 days. Roberts took the 7th day off.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Sep 2, 2021, 12:43
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 2, 2021, 12:43
Sep 2, 2021, 12:43

El Pit wrote on Sep 2, 2021, 12:20:
It's not game development, it's game evolution. And evolution can take a few million years... or even hundreds of million years. See? Pay now and you are helping EVOLUTION! So, give, people. GIVE!!!
I'm anti-evolution and more of a creationist. Star Citizen should be done in 7 days.
Burrito of Peace

Sep 2, 2021, 12:20
El Pit

Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 2, 2021, 12:20
Sep 2, 2021, 12:20
 El Pit

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Sep 2, 2021, 05:42
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 2, 2021, 05:42
Sep 2, 2021, 05:42

You know the end is near when even the diehard StarCitizen fanbois that visit Bluesnews are not showing up to defend the Chairman anymore.

Sep 2, 2021, 04:13
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 2, 2021, 04:13
Sep 2, 2021, 04:13

In 27 years, never considered buying games I can't play immediately from start to finish, no matter dev pedigree nor my eagerness.
Except Early Access opportunities: *very cheap* sale and reviewed content already sufficient to assure ample enjoyment for the price.

Sep 1, 2021, 23:48
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 1, 2021, 23:48
Sep 1, 2021, 23:48

The game has been in development so long that the joystick I bought to play it broke a couple of years ago.
I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Sep 1, 2021, 21:27
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 1, 2021, 21:27
Sep 1, 2021, 21:27

If only I had taken that $150 I "invested" on SC to instead buy GME and AMC stocks I would have been better off. #Regrets

Sep 1, 2021, 20:41
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 1, 2021, 20:41
Sep 1, 2021, 20:41

Perhaps the SC debacle has gotten to the extent and longevity that instead of ridiculing its followers, we should feel sad for their desparate mass fantasy of ever getting a game for their thou$ands.

Sep 1, 2021, 19:55
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 1, 2021, 19:55
Sep 1, 2021, 19:55

Chris Roberts is a next level scammer. Even he fell for his own scam.
This is Bob Barker reminding you to help control the Canadian bartender population — have your Canadian bartenders spayed or neutered.

Sep 1, 2021, 17:48
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 1, 2021, 17:48
Sep 1, 2021, 17:48

This game scam is becoming too big to fail
“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

Sep 1, 2021, 17:40
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 1, 2021, 17:40
Sep 1, 2021, 17:40

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 1, 2021, 16:56:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 1, 2021, 16:52:
Prez wrote on Sep 1, 2021, 15:32:
Is anyone besides fanatics even remotely surprised? My friend had his girlfriend by him a $250 ship for his birthday. That was 3 girlfriends ago. He has a wife and a two year old now.
Okay, that was funny.
Funny? I find it distressing that someone would ask another person to buy a $250 jpeg for them.

I find it more distressing that you think adults ASK for birthday presents Or celebrate getting older for that matter... because that is for SURE not something to celebrate ;p

Getting full immunization from Covid-19 (however long it might last), now THAT is grounds for celebration and gifts ;p

That said I still think I will need a historian to find my backer details once this ever releases.

Sep 1, 2021, 17:19
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 1, 2021, 17:19
Sep 1, 2021, 17:19

I hope all of the Star Citizen supporters die a little on the inside every time an update to No Man's Sky gets released.

Sep 1, 2021, 16:56
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 1, 2021, 16:56
Sep 1, 2021, 16:56

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 1, 2021, 16:52:
Is anyone besides fanatics even remotely surprised? My friend had his girlfriend by him a $250 ship for his birthday. That was 3 girlfriends ago. He has a wife and a two year old now.
Okay, that was funny.
Funny? I find it distressing that someone would ask another person to buy a $250 jpeg for them.
Burrito of Peace

Sep 1, 2021, 16:52
Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 1, 2021, 16:52
Sep 1, 2021, 16:52

Okay, that was funny.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older