Death Stranding 2 Negotiations?

In an interview on AdroCinema, actor Norman Reedus seems to reveal that negotiations are underway for Death Stranding 2. As noted on VGC, this is not the first time Reedus has tried to steal Geoff Keighley's thunder, having previously spilled some beans in a WIRED video. Here's a machine translation of a Portuguese report on IGN Brasil:
"I think we're doing a second Death Stranding ," Reedus told reporter Vitória Pratini from AdoroCinema , IGN Brasil 's partner site . “ [The game] is in negotiations right now. So… Yay!”, celebrated the actor, in front of the excitement of the journalists present at the roundtable about the 11th season of The Walking Dead.
View : : :
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations?
Sep 3, 2021, 01:51
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Sep 3, 2021, 01:51
Sep 3, 2021, 01:51

nomoreshite wrote on Aug 31, 2021, 07:32:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 29, 2021, 14:51:
El Pit wrote on Aug 29, 2021, 13:03:
Never understood the fascination of that game - delivering very fragile items to customers in a postapocalyptic world? It just sounds too tedious to me. But enjoy whatever you want to enjoy.

bolloks wrote:
It's literally one of those games you have to play to understand the appeal. Reducing it to the bare bones objectives, yes sometimes you carry packages around. There is more to it than that, even though the transport is basically metaphorical anyway. It's a crazy, beautiful, wonderful, hard terrain walking simulator. With some gunplay and vehicles thrown in sometimes. And Monsters. And public works. And bodily functions. And extremely overkilled metaphors. I'd argue it's Kojima's best work, ever.

I'd recommend picking it up, especially if you can find it on sale. There really isn't any other game like it currently.

if that's his best his worst must be fucking dire, over hyped boring bollocks at it's best!.

Your post betrays the promise of your username.

60% off on STEAM
Sep 2, 2021, 15:08
60% off on STEAM Sep 2, 2021, 15:08
Sep 2, 2021, 15:08

I only just put the game on my wish list a week ago, so I could wait for a sale, and sure enough it went on sale today. 60% off on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1190460/DEATH_STRANDING/

- “The planet is fine. The people are fucked.” -George Carlin

Aug 31, 2021, 07:32
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 31, 2021, 07:32
Aug 31, 2021, 07:32

Never understood the fascination of that game - delivering very fragile items to customers in a postapocalyptic world? It just sounds too tedious to me. But enjoy whatever you want to enjoy.

bolloks wrote:
It's literally one of those games you have to play to understand the appeal. Reducing it to the bare bones objectives, yes sometimes you carry packages around. There is more to it than that, even though the transport is basically metaphorical anyway. It's a crazy, beautiful, wonderful, hard terrain walking simulator. With some gunplay and vehicles thrown in sometimes. And Monsters. And public works. And bodily functions. And extremely overkilled metaphors. I'd argue it's Kojima's best work, ever.

I'd recommend picking it up, especially if you can find it on sale. There really isn't any other game like it currently.

if that's his best his worst must be fucking dire, over hyped boring bollocks at it's best!.

Aug 31, 2021, 00:07
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 31, 2021, 00:07
Aug 31, 2021, 00:07

I have never heard that reviewer before. Nor do I ever want to hear him again. I can't even tell if it was a good or bad review because his voice annoys the hell out of me and that's as far as I got.

Aug 30, 2021, 20:24
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 30, 2021, 20:24
Aug 30, 2021, 20:24

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 30, 2021, 08:52:
Oh God.....

People hate on Mack all the time, but he got this one right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZacyTGVyfHY

No, they hate on him because that "review" is shite as well.

Aug 30, 2021, 12:15
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 30, 2021, 12:15
Aug 30, 2021, 12:15

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 30, 2021, 08:52:
Oh God.....

People hate on Mack all the time, but he got this one right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZacyTGVyfHY

Mack has become a clickbait fool. His brand is to complain and bitch about every big developer. Nothing similar to a two pixel indie or the original Quake is good enough.

Stop trusting reviews. Bitching, after all, is the greatest clickbait bringing in most revenue.
Currently playing: V Rising, Evil Dead: The Game, Far Cry 6 (retry), Sea of Thieves, Ragnarock, Beat Saber

Aug 30, 2021, 09:45
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 30, 2021, 09:45
Aug 30, 2021, 09:45

This one's been on my radar for a while. Debating whether to wait for the Director's Cut to be released on PC, if it is released.

Aug 30, 2021, 08:52
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 30, 2021, 08:52
Aug 30, 2021, 08:52

Oh God.....

Aug 30, 2021, 03:08
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 30, 2021, 03:08
Aug 30, 2021, 03:08

Razumen wrote on Aug 30, 2021, 02:21:

You should give it a try, I was skeptical at first as well, but it's really not just a "walking simulator" like some people say. I mean, yeah, the main activity IS delivering packages from point A to B, but it's the journey in between that's the real interesting and fun part. You've got natural hazards, bandits, supernatural monsters, weather, and other things to worry about. And you get access to a variety of vehicles as well relatively early in the game, so it's not like you have to walk everyhere either.

If they do one thing in the sequel, I hope to see more extreme types of environments to navigate. It felt to me like too much of the world was too easy to get though, most obstacles were just easy to bypass altogether. Though I guess that's part of the downside of open world games.

I'm surprised the game at some point introduces that Zipline. I had most fun with that, however, doing everything I can to connect all the based through ziplines. It felt like quite the achievement in the end, but I also realized I hadn't been walking and stumbling for the largest part of the game. Hell, I even ziplined through monster areas...
Currently playing: V Rising, Evil Dead: The Game, Far Cry 6 (retry), Sea of Thieves, Ragnarock, Beat Saber

Aug 30, 2021, 02:21
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 30, 2021, 02:21
Aug 30, 2021, 02:21

You should give it a try, I was skeptical at first as well, but it's really not just a "walking simulator" like some people say. I mean, yeah, the main activity IS delivering packages from point A to B, but it's the journey in between that's the real interesting and fun part. You've got natural hazards, bandits, supernatural monsters, weather, and other things to worry about. And you get access to a variety of vehicles as well relatively early in the game, so it's not like you have to walk everyhere either.

If they do one thing in the sequel, I hope to see more extreme types of environments to navigate. It felt to me like too much of the world was too easy to get though, most obstacles were just easy to bypass altogether. Though I guess that's part of the downside of open world games.

Aug 30, 2021, 00:16
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 30, 2021, 00:16
Aug 30, 2021, 00:16

Saying "Never understood" feels to me, probably wrongly, almost saying you don't get people (different likings, etc).
Makes me sad, missing out on the party and always hope and try to catch the fun sometime.
When I can it's so revealing and refreshing.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2021, 00:35.

Aug 29, 2021, 21:25
Jim
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 29, 2021, 21:25
Aug 29, 2021, 21:25
Jim

I thoroughly enjoyed the game. it has a great story, a "social" system, and a lot of unique mechanics. True that the first trailers did look ludicrous, and even after when you would see someone with a stack of 20 boxes. But deliveries to an area allow you to level up an area, and that allows you to build stuff. Roads, safe zones, ski lifts, and so forth. You can also look in lockers and such and collect packages other people have left behind, packages going to your same destination. Those will give a pretty decent boost to an area. For each new zone you reach, you join the network, and then can see structures and objects other players left behind. You really get to appreciating ladders and ropes and things. Roads and bridges take tons of resources. You can contribute to them or finish them. It is a unique mechanic that makes you feel like you are part of a community. As for fragile items, not really. I found it fairly rare to destroy anything.

Aug 29, 2021, 18:05
Slick

Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 29, 2021, 18:05
Aug 29, 2021, 18:05
 Slick

+1 to everything here, especially the overkilled metaphors lol

It's definitely Kojima's best work, but also his most "complete" work possibly since MSG or MSG2. Death Stranding has a beginning, and middle and an end that are all very satisfying.

I can't even remember when the last time I'd recommend a game solely on the ending, but this would be one of those games. Most finales in games are very lackluster, in this Kojima really delivers, better than most good movies do even.

Also, it's not just a walking simulator, but anything else anyone says will be a spoiler. Go into it with an open mind and remember what it felt like to be surprised in a videogame. I know, what a rare thing these days.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Aug 29, 2021, 17:33
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 29, 2021, 17:33
Aug 29, 2021, 17:33

I need to revisit this... I last played with a 970 so it was kinda all over the place in performance. But I absolutely love MGS:V, and this game's engine/feel greatly reminded me of that game and universe.

Aug 29, 2021, 15:39
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 29, 2021, 15:39
Aug 29, 2021, 15:39

I plan on buying/playing the first game here pretty soon, I finally got an RTX capable card. I want that sweet sweet DLSS!

Aug 29, 2021, 14:51
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 29, 2021, 14:51
Aug 29, 2021, 14:51

Aug 29, 2021, 13:29
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 29, 2021, 13:29
Aug 29, 2021, 13:29

Well I for one am hyped, but a sequel is gonna need major financial backing

Aug 29, 2021, 13:03
El Pit

Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 29, 2021, 13:03
Aug 29, 2021, 13:03
 El Pit

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Aug 29, 2021, 12:27
Re: Death Stranding 2 Negotiations? Aug 29, 2021, 12:27
Aug 29, 2021, 12:27

Kojima will be employed as long as he wants to - in a recent social media post he seemed to indicate that would be continuing until his mind fails him, even though his body is already failing him

i would not be surprised about multiple properties in the works
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older