Diablo IV Game Director and Lead Designer Leave Blizzard

Kotaku reports that another three developers "are no longer with" Blizzard as of today. They are Diablo IV game director Luis Barriga, Diablo IV lead designer Jesse McCree, and World of Warcraft designer Jonathan LeCraft. This was originally attributed to anonymous sources, but was later confirmed by Blizzard. The reasons for the firings is not disclosed, so it's not being stated at this time whether this is connected to the Activision Blizzard lawsuit. Jesse McCree is one of the developers implicated in the Cosby suite story, which has caused the company additional embarrassment. Here's the official statement Kotaku received from Activision Blizzard:
“We can confirm Luis Barriga, Jesse McCree, and Jonathan LeCraft are no longer with the company,” they wrote.

“We have a deep, talented roster of developers already in place and new leaders have been assigned where appropriate. We are confident in our ability to continue progress, deliver amazing experiences to our players, and move forward to ensure a safe, productive work environment for all.”
View : : :

Re: Diablo IV Game Director and Lead Designer Leave Blizzard
Aug 12, 2021, 14:00
Re: Diablo IV Game Director and Lead Designer Leave Blizzard Aug 12, 2021, 14:00
Aug 12, 2021, 14:00

theglaze wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 13:36:
Beamer wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 12:12:
theglaze wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 11:14:
It is 100% cancel culture. "Evidence" from social media is used by an online horde to rally hate towards other people, criticizing assumed behavior as the horde connects dots from their smart phones or computer chair, about events they never attended and people they never met. This echo chamber builds into a feverish pitch like a witch hunt. Guilt by association is acceptable by the horde, malevolence is assumed, and no point on the timeline of history is out-of-bounds for the hordes judgement. Any gaps in rationality by the prosecution, are filled in with emotional outrage.

Some of the accused are likely assholes, who probably did some of these claimed things. But I'm just as disgusted by the group behavior of the online horde, some of them are assholes too, but too righteous to notice.

Yes, reserve your anger for those saying you shouldn't harass women, not for those that harassed women. Sensible.
I am not angry, and I made no reference to the specifics of this case.

You are guessing at my emotional state and what I think about women and victims. But what I find most fascinating is your idea that anger should be reserved and applied to other people. Makes sense.

If I cannot critique those that seek changes to the system, and the processes and tools they use to achieve change, then this 'new' system is a lot like the last.
Reread your post. It comes across as a rant against people angry that they've been supporting a company doing these things.

You should seek to, y'know, change the system and stop sexual harassment, not change the system and stop people trying to change the system and stop sexual harassment.

And if you're angry at how the system is being changed, or "critiquing," again, why not spend more of your words (and you used a decent amount) on how much worse the system that needs to be changed is than the methods of seeking it, or lament that this has happened for decades and nothing worked to change it prior to this.

It's like how people whined about how MLK sought change, only, decades later, for that same type of people to be wishing we had that method. Ultimately, just seems some people dislike change.
Date
Subject
Author
Aug 12, 2021Aug 12 2021
     Re: Diablo IV Game Director and Lead Designer Leave Blizzard