Diablo IV Game Director and Lead Designer Leave Blizzard

Kotaku reports that another three developers "are no longer with" Blizzard as of today. They are Diablo IV game director Luis Barriga, Diablo IV lead designer Jesse McCree, and World of Warcraft designer Jonathan LeCraft. This was originally attributed to anonymous sources, but was later confirmed by Blizzard. The reasons for the firings is not disclosed, so it's not being stated at this time whether this is connected to the Activision Blizzard lawsuit. Jesse McCree is one of the developers implicated in the Cosby suite story, which has caused the company additional embarrassment. Here's the official statement Kotaku received from Activision Blizzard:
“We can confirm Luis Barriga, Jesse McCree, and Jonathan LeCraft are no longer with the company,” they wrote.

“We have a deep, talented roster of developers already in place and new leaders have been assigned where appropriate. We are confident in our ability to continue progress, deliver amazing experiences to our players, and move forward to ensure a safe, productive work environment for all.”
View : : :

Re: Diablo IV Game Director and Lead Designer Leave Blizzard
Aug 12, 2021, 11:41
Re: Diablo IV Game Director and Lead Designer Leave Blizzard Aug 12, 2021, 11:41
Aug 12, 2021, 11:41

theglaze wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 11:14:
Quinn wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 07:10:
bigspender wrote on Aug 12, 2021, 04:38:
That is some messed up stuff, I definitely wouldn't want to work people like this. I never understand misogyny. Everyone has a mother at the very least, most people have a sister or daughter, so how can anyone hold these views.

I'm really happy to see the company taking action to hold these individuals to account. Being a hater of cancel culture however, I hope that these people are able to learn and see the errors of their ways. Even Neo-Nazi's can reform, and we embrace them, instead of letting the Twitter mob force them into hiding.

Losing your job for something like this and finding it hard to get a new job because of this, doesn't fall under the category of cancel culture but accountability, I think. If this was about some pronoun thing or held non-conformist belief that didn't invoke the wrath of the SJW's mere years ago... that'd fall under the category of cancel culture. Rape culture has been unacceptable since as long as I can remember.

But yeah, "forgive and forget" should take place at some point. When? I guess the individual decides.
It is 100% cancel culture. "Evidence" from social media is used by an online horde to rally hate towards other people, criticizing assumed behavior as the horde connects dots from their smart phones or computer chair, about events they never attended and people they never met. This echo chamber builds into a feverish pitch like a witch hunt. Guilt by association is acceptable by the horde, malevolence is assumed, and no point on the timeline of history is out-of-bounds for the hordes judgement. Any gaps in rationality by the prosecution, are filled in with emotional outrage.

Some of the accused are likely assholes, who probably did some of these claimed things. But I'm just as disgusted by the group behavior of the online horde, some of them are assholes too, but too righteous to notice.

When the online horde is enraged about something unacceptable, and because of said rage people will be held accountable... That's not cancel culture. If you think any consequence of bad behavior that's not executed by law but by "social justice" is automatically "cancel culture", you've lost the plot. And in this way you let the actual cancel culture thrive in this confusion. Just like the actual racists can thrive because everyone is fucking racist these days.
Currently playing: Valheim, Overwatch
Date
Subject
Author
Aug 12, 2021Aug 12 2021
   Re: Diablo IV Game Director and Lead Designer Leave Blizzard