Out of the Blue

I mentioned the other day how cute it was to see a turtle sunning itself on the tree that fell into the pond. Yesterday I looked out and was treated to this vista. It's hard to make out in the cell phone shot, but there are four of them on there. It seems Donatello is a little camera shy. Fun stuff.

Round-up on the Half-Shell
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Breakfast Link

Stories

Science

Media

The Funnies

View : : :
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Aug 4, 2021, 05:47
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2021, 05:47
Aug 4, 2021, 05:47

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 12:23:
Blue wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 12:04:
The Flying Penguin wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 12:02:
Blue is still using a flip phone camera with a 640x480 sensor
Haha, it looks that way. Nah, it was just far off enough that I had to zoom in.
EGADs digital phone zoom is the pits.
I compared my 16MP 8x zoom with a buddys Samsung S21 (ultra?) Telephoto camera lens..It.Was.Laughable
If you had taken the picture of those turtles with that phone you could see if one of them blinked.

Even the best new 3 or 4 camera 4K or even 8K phone camera systems are absolute garbage compared to any "regular" digital camera with a proper optical lens system. I.E. lenses that are several centimeters in diameter at least compared to milimeter lenses that are placed in most phones. A 50 million MP digital sensor is worth jack-all without proper optics.

Aug 4, 2021, 03:05
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2021, 03:05
Aug 4, 2021, 03:05

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 21:26:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 15:45:
'Good way to die': An AR-15 worshiping Moonies sect mobilized for Jan. 6 and is recruiting the far right to its apocalyptic vision Raincloud
No use pretending this is going to turn out well.
Those freaks also bought up some land in Texas. (why oh why couldn't it have been Floriduh)
Cult That Worships With AR-15s Bought a 40-Acre Compound in Texas for Its ‘patriots’
Lmao, swear I guessed waco.
None of the gals seem to be carrying, so odd for a religion not to treat gals as equals. Headscratch

Don't think Blue would have posted this....so
Passenger tied with duct tape after allegedly assaulting flight attendants on Philly-Miami flight
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Aug 3, 2021, 22:04
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 22:04
Aug 3, 2021, 22:04

Acleacius wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 20:52:
milspecmonkey wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 19:23:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 18:45:
milspecmonkey wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 18:22:
'Good way to die': An AR-15 worshiping Moonies sect mobilized for Jan. 6 and is recruiting the far right to its apocalyptic vision Raincloud
I have no idea how we got here from drunk driving, but if we are just shitposting ... at least be semi on theme https://abcnews.go.com/US/members-armed-militia-shot-breonna-taylor-protest/story?id=71990031
One would think you could at least find an article making fun of the Fuds injuring themselves.
No idea what your talking about, did you see me posting or talking about drunk driving.
Secondly, I'm posting currently reported news today, and currently relevant to the terrorist cowards from jan 6.
Lastly if you expect me to be surprised, psychotic and sociopathic white supremacists use violence because they are void of humanity, sorry not shocked.
Not a single one of those idiots can name a single place, city, state or country where their ideas are in place and a functioning society.
Yet they are willing to kill and destroy a democratic society, over their 'provable' false delusions.
Three poor grammarlization attempts at sentences proved mental illness based on delusions, psychotic and sociopathic behaviors. Neat, right.
Nor did the fact that a 4th police officer killed himself due to the trauma and horror of dealing with coward terrorists, while being betrayed by rightwing politicians.

Everyone else was referring to listed articles, so yeah I dunno what you are talking about either, that is where the confusion comes in. I do not see anything about Jan 6 on this Out of the Blue list. Just kinda comes off like classic turn one conversation into whatever random crap you want to talk about. Notably, a pretty good list compared to other days too, got pro drunk driving comedy pieces, plague chipmunks, superspreader palooza, droughts, and more.

Maybe I'm just too much of a noob and missed that it is considered kosher to just blast out unrelated topics in the Out of the Blue section....
I wasn't posting with relative intent nor am I sure why your kosher list only includes four approved blast topics.
Actually in some ways it fits your blast criteria, some of us might think moonies with ar-15s is funny. (comedy)
Secondly jan 6 was a super spreader event, not only of virus but stupidity. (I might get double points for that blast, super spreader and funny).

Lol seems like a lot of comedically stretchn the explanation and spinning it like I was making an even shorter approved list, but whatever we can call it "people are going to comment whatever recent news they want" and be done with it. Just sayn' it would be a lil odd if I jumped in there with random CRT mocking of the day.

I'm not even against the theme, like if we makn fun of failures, this one one of my faves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_uKKY-_VpY

Aug 3, 2021, 21:26
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 21:26
Aug 3, 2021, 21:26

Those freaks also bought up some land in Texas. (why oh why couldn't it have been Floriduh)
Cult That Worships With AR-15s Bought a 40-Acre Compound in Texas for Its ‘patriots’
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Aug 3, 2021, 20:52
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 20:52
Aug 3, 2021, 20:52

I have no idea how we got here from drunk driving, but if we are just shitposting ... at least be semi on theme https://abcnews.go.com/US/members-armed-militia-shot-breonna-taylor-protest/story?id=71990031
One would think you could at least find an article making fun of the Fuds injuring themselves.
No idea what your talking about, did you see me posting or talking about drunk driving.
Secondly, I'm posting currently reported news today, and currently relevant to the terrorist cowards from jan 6.
Lastly if you expect me to be surprised, psychotic and sociopathic white supremacists use violence because they are void of humanity, sorry not shocked.
Not a single one of those idiots can name a single place, city, state or country where their ideas are in place and a functioning society.
Yet they are willing to kill and destroy a democratic society, over their 'provable' false delusions.
Three poor grammarlization attempts at sentences proved mental illness based on delusions, psychotic and sociopathic behaviors. Neat, right.
Nor did the fact that a 4th police officer killed himself due to the trauma and horror of dealing with coward terrorists, while being betrayed by rightwing politicians.

Everyone else was referring to listed articles, so yeah I dunno what you are talking about either, that is where the confusion comes in. I do not see anything about Jan 6 on this Out of the Blue list. Just kinda comes off like classic turn one conversation into whatever random crap you want to talk about. Notably, a pretty good list compared to other days too, got pro drunk driving comedy pieces, plague chipmunks, superspreader palooza, droughts, and more.

Maybe I'm just too much of a noob and missed that it is considered kosher to just blast out unrelated topics in the Out of the Blue section....
I wasn't posting with relative intent nor am I sure why your kosher list only includes four approved blast topics.
Actually in some ways it fits your blast criteria, some of us might think moonies with ar-15s is funny. (comedy)
Secondly jan 6 was a super spreader event, not only of virus but stupidity. (I might get double points for that blast, super spreader and funny).

Aug 3, 2021, 20:09
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 20:09
Aug 3, 2021, 20:09

milspecmonkey wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 19:57:
WannaLogAlready wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 19:45:
... Everyone else was referring to listed articles, so yeah I dunno what you are talking about either, ... Just kinda comes off like classic turn one conversation into whatever random crap you want to talk about. ... missed that it is considered kosher to just blast out unrelated topics in the Out of the Blue section....

I'm curious.
Dictionaries define "out of the blue" as a casual way to describe something surprising that comes from nowhere.
Seems to imply some freedom in the posts beyond the collected news medley, and Blues' account of daily happenstances.

If it isn't so, I beg forgiveness, being guilty of transgressing Shame .

Eh you tell me at this point buddy, is it common to post whatever you want on the out of the blue section? I'm not here to be a term nazi, just kinda comes off like Facebook comments where most will be talking on subject and then jokers come in talking about some other side story they are more interested in.
As only another guest here, I just asked respectfully about it, see how it goes.
I know I love Reddit where subject matters can be treated seriously or thoroughly derailed, degraded to utter silliness or ocassionally uplifted to geniality.
Tons of fun and mind opening, mostly.

Aug 3, 2021, 19:57
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 19:57
Aug 3, 2021, 19:57

WannaLogAlready wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 19:45:
... Everyone else was referring to listed articles, so yeah I dunno what you are talking about either, ... Just kinda comes off like classic turn one conversation into whatever random crap you want to talk about. ... missed that it is considered kosher to just blast out unrelated topics in the Out of the Blue section....

I'm curious.
Dictionaries define "out of the blue" as a casual way to describe something surprising that comes from nowhere.
Seems to imply some freedom in the posts beyond the collected news medley, and Blues' account of daily happenstances.

Eh you tell me at this point buddy, is it common to post whatever you want on the out of the blue section? I'm not here to be a term nazi, just kinda comes off like Facebook comments where most will be talking on subject and then jokers come in talking about some other side story they are more interested in.

Aug 3, 2021, 19:49
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 19:49
Aug 3, 2021, 19:49

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 16:28:

Those nutjobs again?

An AR-15 has an effective average rang of about 547 yards under ideal conditions when chambered in the default, squirrel killing 5.56 round.

My M1 Garand, on the other hand, has an average effective range of about 900 yards under average conditions when chambered in the default .30-06 round. More if the wind cooperates.

I ain't skeered.

That Moonies not only still exist in America, but own an arms company, is definitely surprising to me. And scary. Cult nuts.

speaking of cults...

Aug 3, 2021, 19:45
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 19:45

... if we are just shitposting ... Everyone else was referring to listed articles, so yeah I dunno what you are talking about either, ... Just kinda comes off like classic turn one conversation into whatever random crap you want to talk about. ... missed that it is considered kosher to just blast out unrelated topics in the Out of the Blue section....

I'm curious.

Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 19:45
 Kxmode

Hoping a verdict in the Epic v Apple case will come about this month. I don't think Epic will win. Their case was weak.
"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it is almost impossible to eradicate."

Aug 3, 2021, 19:23
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 19:23
Aug 3, 2021, 19:23

Aug 3, 2021, 18:45
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 18:45
Aug 3, 2021, 18:45

oops.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2021, 19:05.

Aug 3, 2021, 18:38
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 18:38
Aug 3, 2021, 18:38

Kxmode wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 16:20:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 10:42:
It's turtles all the way down.

Heroes in a half shell! 🐢🔪

Turtle power! 🐢🐱‍🏍

"You’re still learning English? That’s the language you speak. How dumb are you?" - Rick Sanchez

Aug 3, 2021, 18:22
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 18:22
Aug 3, 2021, 18:22

Aug 3, 2021, 16:28
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 16:28
Aug 3, 2021, 16:28

Those nutjobs again?

An AR-15 has an effective average rang of about 547 yards under ideal conditions when chambered in the default, squirrel killing 5.56 round.

My M1 Garand, on the other hand, has an average effective range of about 900 yards under average conditions when chambered in the default .30-06 round. More if the wind cooperates.

I ain't skeered.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Aug 3, 2021, 16:22
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 16:22
Aug 3, 2021, 16:22

Kxmode wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 16:20:

Turtle Power!
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Aug 3, 2021, 16:20
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 16:20
Aug 3, 2021, 16:20
 Kxmode

"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it is almost impossible to eradicate."

Aug 3, 2021, 16:04
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 16:04
Aug 3, 2021, 16:04

Sorry, didn't see the Deck article yesterday.

Just mention,
Oculus Quest will work with Steam Deck for VR on the go
https://www.techradar.com/in/news/oculus-quest-will-work-with-steam-deck-for-vr-on-the-go

If it happens, think about the incredible mobility.
Many VR supported games with gamepad already. Valve could update the OpenVR/SteamVR for better compatibility. Even a TMC to gamepad/Deck universal interface. One can dream.

Wasn't interested at all in the Deck, but now ...

Aug 3, 2021, 15:45
Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2021, 15:45
Aug 3, 2021, 15:45

Re: Check Out This 1984 Pro-Drunk Driving Piece The NYT Published.
Aug 3, 2021, 15:25
Re: Check Out This 1984 Pro-Drunk Driving Piece The NYT Published. Aug 3, 2021, 15:25
Aug 3, 2021, 15:25

Armengar wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 15:03:
22 microgrammes of alcohol in 100ml of breath here where I live. Thats fairly low for western countries.
Scotland is definitely lower than the U.S.
Don't even think about drinking and driving in Sweden.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunk_driving_law_by_country
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older