ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter

Finding herself in a hole, former Homeland Security Advisor and current Activision Blizzard CCO Frances Townsend continues to dig. After criticism from both inside and outside the company for her response to the Activision Blizzard lawsuit, she offers this tweet. It points to an article on The Atlantic on "the Problem With Whistleblowing." Or, as it's more commonly put, snitches get stitches. This is going down about as well as could be expected, and Jason Schreier points out on Twitter that it has led to the unusual situation of the company officer blocking company employees on Twitter:
Activision Blizzard CCO Fran Townsend, whose recent letter addressing the lawsuit was criticized by employees at the company and even CEO Bobby Kotick, is now under fire for this tweet. Multiple Activision Blizzard employees say Townsend has blocked them on Twitter for responding
View : : :
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter
Aug 3, 2021, 07:04
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 3, 2021, 07:04
Aug 3, 2021, 07:04

Jonjonz wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 06:47:
PS - 230 was a very bad idea and social media needs to be liable.
Without Section 230 of the CDA Blue (or any company he uses to manage the financial side of things) could be held liable for anything said on the Bluesnews forums.

Aug 3, 2021, 06:47
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 3, 2021, 06:47
Aug 3, 2021, 06:47

If people (individuals and private enterprises) choose to shun you because you have moronic political conspiracy theories and also spew hate speech, well that is just their right.

If speech turns in to libel or insurrection expect the full force of the law to be on you.

PS - 230 was a very bad idea and social media needs to be liable.
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Aug 3, 2021, 04:40
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 3, 2021, 04:40
Aug 3, 2021, 04:40

ROFLOL, I was setting this up, counting the minutes. This guy does not let me down:

Quinn wrote on Aug 2, 2021, 17:07:
WaltSee wrote on Aug 2, 2021, 16:53:
This is definitely shaping up to be the dumb, intolerant generation in some respects

So you're saying you hate women?

Beamer wrote on Aug 2, 2021, 21:24:
This is definitely shaping up to be the dumb, intolerant generation in some respects

So, you want us to tolerate sexual harassment and intolerance from your generation?

The bad-faith insincerety of this guy is a formula; I can win money all day fortune-telling what he's gonna say.

I don't know WaltSee or his stance on things, but what he wrote there did not in the least imply what you want it so desperately to imply. I get it though, it's easy to think in binary terms -- there's enemies, and there's friends. Is that a thing from "your generation", Beams?

Aug 2, 2021, 21:24
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 21:24
Aug 2, 2021, 21:24

So, you want us to tolerate sexual harassment and intolerance from your generation?

No.

Aug 2, 2021, 18:40
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 18:40
Aug 2, 2021, 18:40

Renegades Hang wrote on Aug 2, 2021, 15:38:
And Kotick is a Libertarian which in reality means nothing more then a Rich sociopath.

George Ought to Help
https://youtu.be/PGMQZEIXBMs

Milton Friedman - Greed:
http://youtu.be/RWsx1X8PV_A

I'm Allowed to Rob You!:
http://youtu.be/ngpsJKQR_ZE

BS, BS and more BS.

Le Syndrome du Larbin

Aug 2, 2021, 18:19
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 18:19
Aug 2, 2021, 18:19

This is definitely shaping up to be the dumb, intolerant generation in some respects--it must be awful to have to go through life censoring--or trying to censor--every opinion you find personally disagreeable. Sounds like a lot of useless work for no reward except maybe ignorance. Such conduct does nothing to convince anyone of a contrary opinion. OTOH, I often like to hear and read opinions that differ from my own because of the slim possibility that I might learn something, or that they might actually think of something that hadn't occurred to me. In a free society, it is called debate, and if you cannot debate your point of view then censoring someone else's contrary opinion sure won't carry the day. It's called "having an open mind," which seems to be a rarity these days.

Whistleblowing does not equal absolute truth--and I'm surprised that isn't common sense these days. It's a self-evident truth. Too many people are ready to jump on the bandwagon whenever an accuser speaks. Maybe I'm an oddball, but for me, accusations do not equal "evidence"--evidence is something entirely separate from mere accusation. If you set out to hurt someone, then you better darn well have all your ducks in a row and be able to prove your case in an objective sense. We've seen far too much pettiness and narrow-mindedness in the politics of the last five years. Anyone that has to block others from reading opinion articles--well, there's just something wrong with that person, imo. In all of my life I've never seen people more afraid of words, and people who hold strong opinions but are completely unable to support or justify those opinions, who think that censorship is "debate." Censorship is the opposite, the absence, of debate. Debate is healthy, censorship is a disease in a free-speech zone like America.

Yeah. Republicans are 100% traitors. I agree.

Aug 2, 2021, 18:00
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 18:00
Aug 2, 2021, 18:00

I originally read that as "ActiBlizz cockblocking staff on Twitter" and I was like "I guess they're at least trying something."
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Aug 2, 2021, 17:07
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 17:07
Aug 2, 2021, 17:07

This is definitely shaping up to be the dumb, intolerant generation in some respects--it must be awful to have to go through life censoring--or trying to censor--every opinion you find personally disagreeable. Sounds like a lot of useless work for no reward except maybe ignorance. Such conduct does nothing to convince anyone of a contrary opinion. OTOH, I often like to hear and read opinions that differ from my own because of the slim possibility that I might learn something, or that they might actually think of something that hadn't occurred to me. In a free society, it is called debate, and if you cannot debate your point of view then censoring someone else's contrary opinion sure won't carry the day. It's called "having an open mind," which seems to be a rarity these days.

Whistleblowing does not equal absolute truth--and I'm surprised that isn't common sense these days. It's a self-evident truth. Too many people are ready to jump on the bandwagon whenever an accuser speaks. Maybe I'm an oddball, but for me, accusations do not equal "evidence"--evidence is something entirely separate from mere accusation. If you set out to hurt someone, then you better darn well have all your ducks in a row and be able to prove your case in an objective sense. We've seen far too much pettiness and narrow-mindedness in the politics of the last five years. Anyone that has to block others from reading opinion articles--well, there's just something wrong with that person, imo. In all of my life I've never seen people more afraid of words, and people who hold strong opinions but are completely unable to support or justify those opinions, who think that censorship is "debate." Censorship is the opposite, the absence, of debate. Debate is healthy, censorship is a disease in a free-speech zone like America.

So you're saying you hate women?

Aug 2, 2021, 16:53
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 16:53
Aug 2, 2021, 16:53

It is well known that I cannot err--and so, if you should happen across an error in anything I have written you can be absolutely sure that *I* did not write it!...;)

Aug 2, 2021, 16:07
NKD
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 16:07
Aug 2, 2021, 16:07
NKD

roguebanshee wrote on Aug 2, 2021, 12:29:
While ActiBlizz may need more diverse representation at the top level, Frances Townsend does not belong in such a position.

Maybe she can be fired to show that they have diversity in firing dumbass executives.

Aug 2, 2021, 16:05
Kxmode

Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 16:05
Aug 2, 2021, 16:05
 Kxmode

The irony of a "Chief Communication Officer" locking down communication.
"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it is almost impossible to eradicate."

Aug 2, 2021, 15:38
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 15:38
Aug 2, 2021, 15:38

And Kotick is a Libertarian which in reality means nothing more then a Rich sociopath.

George Ought to Help
https://youtu.be/PGMQZEIXBMs

Milton Friedman - Greed:
http://youtu.be/RWsx1X8PV_A

I'm Allowed to Rob You!:
http://youtu.be/ngpsJKQR_ZE

Aug 2, 2021, 15:09
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 15:09
Aug 2, 2021, 15:09

Well we all know what Snoop Dogg would have to say about something like this....Sometimes you take it easy....
"You’re still learning English? That’s the language you speak. How dumb are you?" - Rick Sanchez

Aug 2, 2021, 15:01
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 15:01
Aug 2, 2021, 15:01

Francis, read the room.

That lady, and I use the term loosely, should take her golden parachute and go work for AT&T, Time Warner, WestingHouse, Comcast, GTE or some other place where her antics will go unnoticed.
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Aug 2, 2021, 14:02
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 14:02
Aug 2, 2021, 14:02

Frances Townsend is a psychopath torturer for ex President Bush. She knows all about how whistleblowing is bad because that's how we learned about the extensive torture program that she lead. So this is just par for the course of a psychopath or to put it more gently someone who very likely rates high in psychopathy.

Aug 2, 2021, 13:38
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 13:38
Aug 2, 2021, 13:38

Some people can't help themselves. They think they're making a good point, and perhaps it is a good point (hardly matters in these situations), but it shouldn't be coming from them, and it shouldn't be coming at that time.

This is a major, major screw-up from a c-suite exec.

Aug 2, 2021, 12:34
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 12:34
Aug 2, 2021, 12:34

You mean to tell me someone who was an advocate for torture does pretty shitty things?

Aug 2, 2021, 12:33
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 12:33
Aug 2, 2021, 12:33

Just say no to "dick and bush", and try to show some respect. That's president idiot and vice president evil, and you should address them as such!

I checked the English language translation for "frances townsend" and it translates to "gross incompetence", though I'm not sure what that means.
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Aug 2, 2021, 12:29
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 12:29
Aug 2, 2021, 12:29

While ActiBlizz may need more diverse representation at the top level, Frances Townsend does not belong in such a position.

Aug 2, 2021, 11:27
Re: ActiBlizz CCO Blocking Staff on Twitter Aug 2, 2021, 11:27
Aug 2, 2021, 11:27

This person was in Government during the Bush era. Made excuses to enhanced interrogation methods. IE: Torture. Which the Bush era government freely did. So this is a second well known, actual blood on their hands, Conservative crony working at Acti-blizz. And Kotick is a Libertarian which in reality means nothing more then a Rich sociopath. And not to forget some Trump administration goon also got a high ranking position as well recently.

I had purchased my share of acti-blizz games, I was close to considering to try Warzone even. But no. I'm not giving Acti-Blizz another cent and will certainly never log into my account if at all possible. F'em.
"Unhappy the land where heroes are needed."

Galileo, in Brecht's Life of Galileo (1943)
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older