PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test

A Health & Safety Update on the PAX Website has details on plans to handle the in-person event, schedule for this September in Seattle. Word is attendees will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test for the virus:
Throughout the year, the PAX team has been actively working to support a safe environment for our PAX West visitors. We are pleased to announce that, in line with the recommendations of state and local public health authorities, we will be implementing a vaccination or negative COVID-19 test requirement for everyone at PAX West. We appreciate your patience as we worked with our venue and the authorities to create our comprehensive plan.

Prior to entry we will now require proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination series or a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test, each to be verified with a valid, government issued ID. If you have purchased badges and have questions or concerns about this requirement, please reach out to PAX Questions at PAX_Questions@PAXsite.com.
View : : :
119 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  ] Older

Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test
Aug 23, 2021, 15:54
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Aug 23, 2021, 15:54
Aug 23, 2021, 15:54

It has been over 30 years since I wore a watch or piece of jewelry. That changed today.
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Aug 23, 2021, 10:46
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Aug 23, 2021, 10:46
Aug 23, 2021, 10:46

Woot W00tw00t
Pfizer's COVID Vaccine Gets Full Approval From The FDA

Aug 21, 2021, 14:45
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Aug 21, 2021, 14:45
Aug 21, 2021, 14:45

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 30, 2021, 16:27:
We are so lucky to be born in the United States and win the birthplace lottery.
I feel extremely grateful that I was able to get vaccinated early and when the booster comes around I'll be first in line.
Until then I'll just have to live with the cure.

So now they're recommending the 95 masks because of the Delta variant.
Wire cutter had some of the best '95 masks and I ordered 50 of the Kimberly Clark duckbill (my description) for just a little over a $1 each.

Kimberly-Clark Professional N95 Pouch Respirator (53358), NIOSH-Approved, Made in U.S.A., Regular Size, 50 Respirators/Bag, White
Quick mask review. These masks don’t rest on your face like a surgical blue.
They seal well and have a large filtration surface. I give them 3 thumbs up.đź‘Ť

https://youtu.be/9LtVVOVSBEw

Aug 21, 2021, 14:20
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Aug 21, 2021, 14:20
Aug 21, 2021, 14:20

You do realize that germophobia is a serious mental illness...yes???? Please say yes. For your own sake. Then get help. Anywhere....just....get help.
I'm sorry to inform the general public that vaccines DO NOT bestow upon thee eternal life. If you're around the age of 80 you need to be making your peace with God or the easter bunny. Whichever you believe in.

Jul 31, 2021, 12:59
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 31, 2021, 12:59
Jul 31, 2021, 12:59

COVIDiots REIGN https://youtu.be/GB5tHyoLN3w
Trae Crowder

A friend said;
We should wrap the vaccine in a little bit of cheese.

Jul 31, 2021, 11:31
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 31, 2021, 11:31
Jul 31, 2021, 11:31

“Oh my [expletive] God. This is terrible, I should have gotten the damn vaccine”
39 year old Las Vegas father of 5 who later died of COVID-19 texted this to his fiancé from a hospital bed

Jul 30, 2021, 16:27
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 30, 2021, 16:27
Jul 30, 2021, 16:27

We are so lucky to be born in the United States and win the birthplace lottery.
I feel extremely grateful that I was able to get vaccinated early and when the booster comes around I'll be first in line.
Until then I'll just have to live with the cure.

So now they're recommending the 95 masks because of the Delta variant.
Wire cutter had some of the best '95 masks and I ordered 50 of the Kimberly Clark duckbill (my description) for just a little over a $1 each.

Kimberly-Clark Professional N95 Pouch Respirator (53358), NIOSH-Approved, Made in U.S.A., Regular Size, 50 Respirators/Bag, White

Jul 30, 2021, 16:14
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 30, 2021, 16:14
Jul 30, 2021, 16:14

DukeFNukem wrote on Jul 30, 2021, 15:26:
So....your gonna wear a mask for the rest of your life is what your saying....even after you've been vaccinated....am I reading it correctly??? Please tell me no.
Considering the severe drop in other communicable viruses such as the Flu and general Cold strains, as well as lessened effects of allergy-related illnesses, I have absolutely no problem wearing a mask when it suits me.

DukeFNukem wrote on Jul 30, 2021, 15:28:
Wait though....I thought the vaccines protected people from covid but is it only vaccinated children that the virus cant breakthrough? *face palm*

Oh I get it now. You want ME to get vaccinated for somebody who cant get the vaccine...for an instance...an immunocompromised individual which, bizarrely enough, is the demographics that needs it more than anybody.

This sounds like a great movie script for the Terminator part 4.
You seem to be attempting to play willfully ignorant (or at least I hope you're doing it on purpose), but vaccines do protect people. Efficacy of vaccines vary, like many other forms of medical practices, but when you're attempting to get a a virus that has an R0 of greater than 1 under control it pretty much requires proactive action.

A reason for vaccination of the vast majority of society is for multiple reasons; everything from lessening effects, lowering transmission rates, create inhospitable environments for virus propagation, and lessening chances of forms of mutations. Children, especially, are dangerous vectoring paths for viruses; the chances of a child contracting and asymptomatically carrying the virus without any adverse reactions to the child is astronomically high because of how children socially interact with the world as well as how their immature immune system deals with the contagion.

I mean, if you want to be obtuse and argue virology and pathology without applying scientific process, feel free...but like every other time you've posted, you've proven your lack of comprehensive understanding.

Jul 30, 2021, 15:28
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 30, 2021, 15:28
Jul 30, 2021, 15:28

Wait though....I thought the vaccines protected people from covid but is it only vaccinated children that the virus cant breakthrough? *face palm*

Oh I get it now. You want ME to get vaccinated for somebody who cant get the vaccine...for an instance...an immunocompromised individual which, bizarrely enough, is the demographics that needs it more than anybody.

This sounds like a great movie script for the Terminator part 4.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2021, 11:36.
I'm sorry to inform the general public that vaccines DO NOT bestow upon thee eternal life. If you're around the age of 80 you need to be making your peace with God or the easter bunny. Whichever you believe in.

Jul 30, 2021, 15:26
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 30, 2021, 15:26
Jul 30, 2021, 15:26

So....your gonna wear a mask for the rest of your life is what your saying....even after you've been vaccinated....am I reading it correctly??? Please tell me no.

Jul 29, 2021, 05:15
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 29, 2021, 05:15
Jul 29, 2021, 05:15

jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2021, 00:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 27, 2021, 20:08:

Finally in line for 1st stab Biontech here so if that is any indication we are getting out of the pandemic sooner or later. Funny side-fact. I haven't been sick for 2 years now with any flu or other shit. Pandemic made for a healthier life for me than no pandemic, talk about absurd role reversals.

Congrats. No one has had a cold or the flu in the past 1.5 years, the COVID protocols saw to that.

Yeah, I don't think I will skip masks ever now. But you wanna hear a funny reality distortion thing? News here talk about people not wanting vaccines, they want to make it mandatory. Sure I think to myself..... except I called 11 frigging doctors and 10 refused to even PUT ME ON THE WAITING LIST because it's "FULL" and the only doctor I got who put me on the list isn't even on the list of doctors who has vaccines. What the actual fuck is happening here in Germany with this I wonder.

Always remember this when you hear news about "falling vaccinations rates" maybe especially in Germany.
Here they are not falling. The frigging waiting lists are FULL - supply of vaccine is only 3% of actual vaccination interest because they stockpile everything for secondary shots. Argh....

Sidenote: To be fair, there is a very quick way to get shots.. but it would be AZ and in my age class that is not even listed as viable vaccine. Doctors here only use Biontech, but apparently that's partially because my region of Germany only ever got Biontech.

And I am still waiting too, that said it could be tomorrow or it could be in literally 10 months. I will be vocally bitching about this local absurdity soon enough.

Jul 28, 2021, 21:36
Verno

Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 28, 2021, 21:36
Jul 28, 2021, 21:36
 Verno

Many people are scared of vaccinations in general, probably for psychological reasons that we can't help them with. It is likely that even if literally no side effects existed, they would still attempt to resist the efforts. I'm sure we all remember the autism vaccination nonsense. Fear of needles, a desire to be perceived as counter-culture or just plain attention seeking. The other possibility is that they cannot comprehend the issue in general which I suspect is the case, many of them reference bizarre sources like Tucker Carlson, Facebook and FoxNews which tells me that they lack basic education or critical thinking skills and just want to be spoonfed nonsense that reinforces their existing worldview.

Either way, it's admirable people here have attempted to educate them, I used to be this way myself but it's not going to work. Every time you refute misinformation with facts they just make up more lies or obfuscate. Lies spread faster than the truth, there is no responsibility to vouchsafe anything you say when you lie. This thread is a great example of that, people have consistently offered informative rebuttals to nonsense and it just gets handwaved off with more crap.

The bottom line is that these people are not interested in truth or fact. After a year and a half of this nonsense, I've come to the conclusion that these people have to be dragged kicking and screaming forward. Hence vaccine passports, financial incentives and so on. They chose to make life tougher for everyone else and decisions have consequences. Some of them will get COVID and pay a different price altogether. The sad thing is that even that is a cold comfort because they will selfishly spread it to their family, friends and the rest of us.
Playing: Wildermyth, Mass Effect Legendary, Returnal
Watching: Deadwood, Dune, Evil

Jul 28, 2021, 19:51
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 28, 2021, 19:51
Jul 28, 2021, 19:51

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 28, 2021, 18:28:
DukeFNukem wrote on Jul 28, 2021, 17:26:
OmegaFoRCe wrote on Jul 28, 2021, 15:54:
OmegaFoRCe wrote on Jul 28, 2021, 15:26:
TL;DR -- DukeFNukem is correct that Myocarditis and Guillain-Barre are considerations. It is also correct that both have occurrences that are so exceedingly rare that they're less problematic/worrisome than contracting the actual COVID-19 virus. Therefore, since their risk of occurrence is so low as a result of the vaccines, and COVID-19 infection is such a higher risk, it only makes sense to take the lesser risk by getting the vaccine.

Your posts are very welcome and encourage more truthful discussion in a sea of parrots screaming about conspiracy theories.
Having said that, the problem I have with your assessment and the WHOs as well, is this ridiculous focus on cases verses deaths.

The focus on cases vs deaths is because people don't always walk away from living through covid unscathed. I have two friends who have what may be permanent, awful side effects. Neither one was ever in such bad shape to be hospitalized. One hasn't been able to taste or smell anything for over a year now. The other has had that whole "brain fog" thing for months. neither has seen an improvement and their doctors have said they can hope it'll get better, but to try to come to terms with accepting it as their new normal.

You only see it as "just another flu" because you haven't had to deal with it, that much is clear. There's video after video after video of people JUST LIKE YOU, Duke, who end up getting covid and then trying to tell others how bad it is. None of them seem to grasp that their testimony will fall on deaf ears because their own opinion wasn't swayed by those who did the same before them. Learn from the dead, man.
It is rather bizarre that Duke is focused on vaccine side effects, of which there is almost no evidence for and if they do exist are extremely rare, and not the COVID side effects, which hit about 25% of survivors, thus affecting millions of people.

Of patients who had COVID-19, 23.2 percent had at least one post-COVID condition.
• Post-COVID conditions were found to a greater extent in patients who had more severe cases of
COVID-19, but also in a substantial share of patients whose cases lacked symptoms. Of patients
who were hospitalized with COVID-19, the percentage that had a post-COVID condition was 50
percent; of patients who were symptomatic but not hospitalized, 27.5 percent; and of patients who
were asymptomatic, 19 percent.
• The five most common post-COVID conditions across all ages, in order from most to least
common, were pain, breathing difficulties, hyperlipidemia, malaise and fatigue, and hypertension.
• The ranking of the most common post-COVID conditions varied by age group. For example, in
the pediatric population (0-18), pain and breathing difficulties were the top two conditions, as in
the all-ages cohort, but intestinal issues, rather than hyperlipidemia, were the third most common.
• Most of the post-COVID conditions that were evaluated were associated more with females than
males. In the case of 12 conditions, however, males more commonly had the condition diagnosed
than females. For example, of patients who had post-COVID cardiac inflammation, 52 percent
were male and 48 percent female. By age, the largest share (25.4 percent) with this condition
was found in a young cohort—individuals aged 19-29.
With great freedom comes great responsibility.

Jul 28, 2021, 18:28
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 28, 2021, 18:28
Jul 28, 2021, 18:28

TL;DR -- DukeFNukem is correct that Myocarditis and Guillain-Barre are considerations. It is also correct that both have occurrences that are so exceedingly rare that they're less problematic/worrisome than contracting the actual COVID-19 virus. Therefore, since their risk of occurrence is so low as a result of the vaccines, and COVID-19 infection is such a higher risk, it only makes sense to take the lesser risk by getting the vaccine.

Your posts are very welcome and encourage more truthful discussion in a sea of parrots screaming about conspiracy theories.
Having said that, the problem I have with your assessment and the WHOs as well, is this ridiculous focus on cases verses deaths.

The focus on cases vs deaths is because people don't always walk away from living through covid unscathed. I have two friends who have what may be permanent, awful side effects. Neither one was ever in such bad shape to be hospitalized. One hasn't been able to taste or smell anything for over a year now. The other has had that whole "brain fog" thing for months. neither has seen an improvement and their doctors have said they can hope it'll get better, but to try to come to terms with accepting it as their new normal.

You only see it as "just another flu" because you haven't had to deal with it, that much is clear. There's video after video after video of people JUST LIKE YOU, Duke, who end up getting covid and then trying to tell others how bad it is. None of them seem to grasp that their testimony will fall on deaf ears because their own opinion wasn't swayed by those who did the same before them. Learn from the dead, man.

Jul 28, 2021, 18:09
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 28, 2021, 18:09
Jul 28, 2021, 18:09

@OmegaFoRCe, I will forever sing your praises when you convince Duke and his millions (sorry to inject the hyperbole but I couldn't resist) to do the right thing and get vaccinated.
I also won't hold my breath.

There are several thing in this world that are black and white including the vaccines. Polio and smallpox come to mind.

Jul 28, 2021, 18:00
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 28, 2021, 18:00
Jul 28, 2021, 18:00

The bozo who said theres no money in vaccines????? Heheehhe. That's funny. Look at the guys at the top. They're billionaires. Google it.

The top of what?. Mount Everest? The CDC? Yes, there are some investors that made out well. None of them are in government. And none of these stocks are up more than the S&P, so it would actually have been better to put money in the market, as any idiot can, than in Pfizer, AstraZeneca, or BioNTech.

This is the underpants gnome thing. You shout something vague and meaningless and think it makes you smart and everyone else dumb.

Jul 28, 2021, 17:53
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 28, 2021, 17:53
Jul 28, 2021, 17:53

OmegaFoRCe wrote on Jul 28, 2021, 17:45:
Everyone is so quick to draw lines in the sand and say that their way is the only way. Life is not binary -- more often than not there is a bit of truth in everything. Understanding is achieved when a person can discern the truths from the fictions and then weigh them critically.
Case in point -- Simone Biles. Can you be disappointed that she backed out of her remaining commitments to this year's Olympics? Of course you can -- we labelled her as our champion, and she didn't deliver in the way we expected. That is a truth to some people. Another perspective is that she was being unfairly judged in order to level the playing field for the rest of the competitors. If you have been practicing, night and day, for years, to perfect your craft, and then suddenly the expectations and rules change, is it that hard to imagine that you would be thrown off your game? How are you supposed to be that champion, and carry that responsibility, when your very mastery is now out of focus? Add to that the years of abuse she went through, and being pushed to her limits since she was a child -- she had enough, and chose to walk away for her sanity and health. That is a truth to her.

Can both truths co-exist? The answer is absolutely, yes. We can be disappointed in her decision, but we can also be empathetic to it.

Jul 28, 2021, 17:45
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 28, 2021, 17:45
Jul 28, 2021, 17:45

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 28, 2021, 16:24:
Person A sees it as irrelevant because it is irrelevant.

Statistics/numbers/percents don't sway the dukes of the world. Because if they did the dukes wouldn't post irrelevant bullshit.
-shrug-
Totally get it. It should be obvious, yes? But swaying people requires a bit of give and take. If a person's beliefs/facts are outright dismissed/ignored/ridiculed, what incentive is it for that person to listen to the other person's perspective? There is a great program by Arbinger called "Outward Mindset" -- it goes to great lengths to explain how to reason with others and to be more equipped to recognize when your own biases and ego can get in the way of finding a common truth.

Everyone is so quick to draw lines in the sand and say that their way is the only way. Life is not binary -- more often than not there is a bit of truth in everything. Understanding is achieved when a person can discern the truths from the fictions and then weigh them critically.

Jul 28, 2021, 17:36
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 28, 2021, 17:36
Jul 28, 2021, 17:36

Having said that, the problem I have with your assessment and the WHOs as well, is this ridiculous focus on cases verses deaths. And you didn't say anything about young versus old. The fatality rate of covid19 for young children is almost non existent. Why should they get vaxxed? I guess everyone favors the statistics for getting jab but not so much for the children. It seems like the goalposts keep moving. The story keeps changing. The metrics keep shifting so that the end goal can be nothing BUT a vaccine. That's a problem.
The bozo who said theres no money in vaccines????? Heheehhe. That's funny. Look at the guys at the top. They're billionaires. Google it.
That's the thing -- these topics are complex. Obviously a case that results in death is more feared than a case that doesn't; however, within those cases that don't result in death, they are further divided into those cases that were asymptomatic (but still contagious) vs. those cases that were symptomatic but with short-term effects vs. those cases that were symptomatic with long-term (or yet TBD-term) effects. It gets more difficult to call out each and every aspect because, well, there are many ways to slice and dice the statistics.

As for vaccinating the kids against COVID-19 -- there are studies underway now to measure the efficacy / risks / rewards of doing so. I believe it's currently approved for ages 12+ (but I may be mistaken). But let's talk real scenarios. Kids of all ages are contracting COVID-19. The vast majority are asymptomatic, or mildly symptomatic. The risk isn't so much to the kids, but rather, the older kids and adults that they are around (parents/teachers/family members/ice cream vendors/strangers in vans with candy/etc).

So while it is encouraged that adults (especially those who are vulnerable due to age or other morbidities) get vaccinated in order to protect themselves and others, the thought is that by vaccinating kids we're protecting others more than the kids themselves. That is true today -- but if a strain comes around that is more aggressive against kids' immune systems, then everyone will be scrambling to vaccinate their kids for the kids' sake alone.

Jul 28, 2021, 17:26
Re: PAX West to Require COVID-19 Vaccine or Test Jul 28, 2021, 17:26
Jul 28, 2021, 17:26

Having said that, the problem I have with your assessment and the WHOs as well, is this ridiculous focus on cases verses deaths. And you didn't say anything about young versus old. The fatality rate of covid19 for young children is almost non existent. Why should they get vaxxed? I guess everyone favors the statistics for getting jab but not so much for the children. It seems like the goalposts keep moving. The story keeps changing. The metrics keep shifting so that the end goal can be nothing BUT a vaccine. That's a problem.
119 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  ] Older