Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response

A tweet from Jason Schreier reproduces a letter Jason says was sent to Activision Blizzard staff last night to address the lawsuit filed against the company over a toxic workplace culture. In the letter Blizzard president J. Allen Brack addresses the allegations:
I personally have a lot of emotions coming out of yesterday, and I know you do, too. The allegations and the hurt of current and former employees are extremely troubling.

I know that many of you would like to receive more clarity. While I can't comment on the specifics of the case as it's an open investigation, what I can say is that the behavior detailed in the allegations is completely unacceptable.

• It goes — with saying — it is completely unacceptable for anyone in the company to face discrimination or harassment.
  • It goes — with saying — That everyone should feel safe working here, whether we are on campus, at BlizzCon, or working from home.
  • It goes — with saying — It takes courage to come forward, and all claims brought to the company are investigated by internal and (when needed) external investigators. We take these claims very seriously. Claims can be made without fear of retaliation, and many times, I attend to them personally, along with our other leaders.

Stepping back — When I talked with Bobby about taking this job, one of the first things I mentioned was a revered saint of the Brack household — Gloria Steinem. Growing up, the value of women as equals, understanding the work that had been done for equal treatment, and the fact that there was still much to do, were common themes. This is just one of the reasons why the fight for equality is incredibly important to me. People with different backgrounds, views, and experiences are essential for Blizzard, our teams, and our player community. I disdain "bro culture," and have spent my career fighting against it.

Iterating on our culture with the same intensity that we bring to our games is imperative, with our values acting as our north star. This is some of the most important work we do, both as professionals and human beings.

A company is more than a legal construct that exists as a piece of paper in a filing cabinet in Delaware. The people that work at the company make it what it is, through their actions and creations. Each of us plays a role in maintaining a place for safety for one another. And it is up to each of us to continue to craft the Blizzard we want — and commit to doing our part in keeping Blizzard great but always aspiring for more.

The leadership team and I will be meeting with many of you to answer questions and discuss how we can move forward. In the meantime, I want you to know that you can talk to any manager, any HR partner, any member of the legal team, or to anyone on the executive team [including, Hey J]. If you feel more comfortable talking to someone outside of Blizzard, or prefer to be anonymous, you can contact the Way2Play Integrity Line (████████.

I feel angry, sad, and a host of other emotions, but I also feel grateful to work alongside a set of leaders and thousands of employees who join me in their commitment to continuous improvement.

Thank you Blizzard.

JAB

View : : :
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response
Aug 3, 2021, 11:15
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Aug 3, 2021, 11:15
Aug 3, 2021, 11:15

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 3, 2021, 10:13:
Blizzard president J. Allen Brack Is stepping down.
I wonder if he'll get a golden parachute. Even if he does we might not find out about it. And of course, I'm sure he already made more in the last year than I did in my whole life so.... yeah, f*ck him.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Aug 3, 2021, 10:13
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Aug 3, 2021, 10:13
Aug 3, 2021, 10:13

Blizzard president J. Allen Brack Is stepping down.
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Jul 25, 2021, 09:23
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 25, 2021, 09:23
Jul 25, 2021, 09:23

I nearly give zero fucks (only enough nano-fucks to comment). I haven't bought anything from Activision in 5 years.

There is no Blizzard. It's just Activision.

Jul 24, 2021, 17:30
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 24, 2021, 17:30
Jul 24, 2021, 17:30

As water dries up in CA and they are going to be forced with confronting the idea that there is not enough water to go around for everyone as they have been used to using it. It will be made rush for everyone pointing the finger at someone else. For me it's pretty simple, human beings get priority compared to golf courses or farms. But good luck policing that it's going to be a nightmare. It has potential to cost billions of dollars and when that kind of money is stake it becomes a finger pointing mess. Someone will have to go with less water than they are used to and taking away something that people are used to is worst than pulling teeth.

Jul 24, 2021, 16:09
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 24, 2021, 16:09
Jul 24, 2021, 16:09

My opinion on playing golf is similar to my opinion on playing bridge. Both are entertaining to a point, but to really enjoy them you have to dedicate a lot of time to it -- more time than I am willing to commit to....
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jul 24, 2021, 14:46
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 24, 2021, 14:46
Jul 24, 2021, 14:46

Beamer wrote on Jul 24, 2021, 09:08:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 23:35:
"Golf courses need to go the way of the Dodo.)"
As a golfer.. hahahaha we arent going anywhere!
We have too much power and money. Like snowboarding and skiing, our cost of entry is high, which keeps out most miscreants. You see a lot of fights on a golf course? Ever see a mob fight at the back bowl at Vail.. neither have I. 

Well, I'll be, a proper gentleman. That's great to hear, as I don't think anyone here genuinely believed you had any power or money until you decided to tell us!

I also doubt any of us expected you to have standing to call others a "miscreant." Your persona is largely to be an ass to everyone, and you base your political views around causing pain for your own joy, which I think many here would describe as miscreant behavior, so it's fantastic to know that it's all an act and you're really an upstanding gentleman!

And, then, since you claim to read the WSJ, I'm sure you're well aware of the current events going on in golf, even if you claim to be ignorant of it here. I'll help, as another proper gentleman:

Golf Home Owners Find Themselves in a Hole

Amid Golf's Decline, Town Must Decide What to Do with the Land

As Golf Communities Lose Popularity, Real Estate Developers Change Course

Americans Want to Play Golf, Until They Try It

A bit older, but indicative of the equipment industry: Nike to stop making golf balls and clubs amidst sport's downturn

It's great to learn that you're at the top of literally any social or economic pyramid. It's so contrary to your overall personality, views, and generally sheltered schtick.

(Also, who goes "hey, snowboarders, no one ever called them miscreant! They've always been considered captains of industry, not loafabout stoners ruining everything and partying too much!)
The WSJ link for Gulf Course Owners Are In A Whole was missing a 1
https://www.wsj.com/articles/golf-home-owners-find-themselves-in-a-hole-11547135191
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Jul 24, 2021, 11:08
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 24, 2021, 11:08
Jul 24, 2021, 11:08

theglaze wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 22:24:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 20:17:
Oh yeah, and golf courses. (Golf courses need to go the way of the Dodo.)
And those prestigious Cali golf courses exploit Prop 13 and only pay a fraction of the taxes that they should (Revisionist History, includes throwing shade at rich white people).
Yeah, heard that episode. Great podcast series.
With great freedom comes great responsibility.

Jul 24, 2021, 09:08
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 24, 2021, 09:08
Jul 24, 2021, 09:08

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 23:35:
We have too much power and money. Like snowboarding and skiing, our cost of entry is high, which keeps out most miscreants. You see a lot of fights on a golf course? Ever see a mob fight at the back bowl at Vail.. neither have I. 

Well, I'll be, a proper gentleman. That's great to hear, as I don't think anyone here genuinely believed you had any power or money until you decided to tell us!

I also doubt any of us expected you to have standing to call others a "miscreant." Your persona is largely to be an ass to everyone, and you base your political views around causing pain for your own joy, which I think many here would describe as miscreant behavior, so it's fantastic to know that it's all an act and you're really an upstanding gentleman!

And, then, since you claim to read the WSJ, I'm sure you're well aware of the current events going on in golf, even if you claim to be ignorant of it here. I'll help, as another proper gentleman:

Golf Home Owners Find Themselves in a Hole

Amid Golf's Decline, Town Must Decide What to Do with the Land

As Golf Communities Lose Popularity, Real Estate Developers Change Course

Americans Want to Play Golf, Until They Try It

A bit older, but indicative of the equipment industry: Nike to stop making golf balls and clubs amidst sport's downturn

It's great to learn that you're at the top of literally any social or economic pyramid. It's so contrary to your overall personality, views, and generally sheltered schtick.

(Also, who goes "hey, snowboarders, no one ever called them miscreant! They've always been considered captains of industry, not loafabout stoners ruining everything and partying too much!)

Jul 24, 2021, 04:21
Jivaro

Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 24, 2021, 04:21
Jul 24, 2021, 04:21
 Jivaro

While I agree that golf is a waste, it ain't going anywhere in California. Unsustainable, but too big to fail..sorta speak.

Like almonds.

Jul 24, 2021, 03:37
NKD
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 24, 2021, 03:37
Jul 24, 2021, 03:37
NKD

Golf has no redeeming value. Boring to play, boring to watch, wastes a shit ton of space and water that could be used for better things that benefit more people. Also just look at the kind of people who go to golf courses and country clubs.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2021, 03:48.

Jul 24, 2021, 00:36
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 24, 2021, 00:36
Jul 24, 2021, 00:36

We're guilty, come arrest us. Advice from worst lawyers ever. May justice be served, game on.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2021, 10:03.

Jul 23, 2021, 23:35
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 23, 2021, 23:35
Jul 23, 2021, 23:35

Jul 23, 2021, 22:24
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 23, 2021, 22:24
Jul 23, 2021, 22:24

And those prestigious Cali golf courses exploit Prop 13 and only pay a fraction of the taxes that they should (Revisionist History, includes throwing shade at rich white people).

Jul 23, 2021, 20:45
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 23, 2021, 20:45
Jul 23, 2021, 20:45

Jivaro wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 18:47:
Yeah, Tact mentioned the almond thing in another thread with me. That really is the problem in a...*cough*...nutshell.
That, and all the water that Nestle siphons off.

Yeah. Nestle needs a good going-over.
I'd be fine with golf courses, if they redesigned them with the local environment in mind. I don't even care about the sport, but I get that others enjoy it, but they need to figure out a better grass that doesn't need ridiculous amounts of water, or turf or somethin. That much should not be wasted like that. Make more sand traps. MUCH smaller putting greens, like a 10ft circle in a sea of sand.
Force them to up their game to ridiculous levels.

Jul 23, 2021, 20:17
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 23, 2021, 20:17
Jul 23, 2021, 20:17

Jivaro wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 18:47:
Yeah, Tact mentioned the almond thing in another thread with me. That really is the problem in a...*cough*...nutshell.
That, and all the water that Nestle siphons off.

Jul 23, 2021, 20:14
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 23, 2021, 20:14
Jul 23, 2021, 20:14

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 17:47:
Overon wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 17:34:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 16:07:
Darks wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 15:57:
The drought situation here to is getting bad, the Hoover damn, is at its lowest that's its ever been. once that water is gone, so goes the agricultural area and 5 billion in revenue will be gone.
As I said to someone else the other day, at least you have the almond groves!
My understanding is that Almonds take a shit ton of water, unusually large amounts of water compared to other crops. Not the worst but pretty high up in the list.
almonds https://youtu.be/glz-Pm6HUG0
Oranges, tomatoes and strawberries all take about 11 gallons of water to make one pound of produce.
Almonds require 1900 gallons to make 1 pound of nuts.
Humans are far worse. You can give them 50,000 gallons of water and their nuts never approach a pound.

Jul 23, 2021, 20:12
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 23, 2021, 20:12
Jul 23, 2021, 20:12

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 16:07:
Darks wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 15:57:
The drought situation here to is getting bad, the Hoover damn, is at its lowest that's its ever been. once that water is gone, so goes the agricultural area and 5 billion in revenue will be gone.
As I said to someone else the other day, at least you have the almond groves!
When they die from lack of water, you can chop them up for fire wood. Should last Californians a winter or two.

Jul 23, 2021, 20:11
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 23, 2021, 20:11
Jul 23, 2021, 20:11

NobleAtreides wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 14:32:
This company needs to die a good death, one which cannot be imbued in any soulstone. Thanks for the memories with early Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo 1 and 2, but please, since your poisoned merger and carrot on a stick D3 and condescending forums, please direct me to where I can go pee on your designated plot, ActiBlizzard. good riddance.
Maybe Electronic Arts will acquire them. Skull

Jul 23, 2021, 20:07
Prez

Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 23, 2021, 20:07
Jul 23, 2021, 20:07
 Prez

This shit is getting SO old. Treat people like valued employees and (fucking human beings) and throw abusers in fucking jail.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Jul 23, 2021, 19:55
Re: Activision Blizzard's Lawsuit Response Jul 23, 2021, 19:55
Jul 23, 2021, 19:55

Cutter wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 15:16:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2021, 12:34:
This is a different tone compared to their aggressive response yesterday:

The DFEH includes distorted, and in many cases false, descriptions of Blizzard’s past. We have been extremely cooperative with the DFEH throughout their investigation, including providing them with extensive data and ample documentation, but they refused to inform us what issues they perceived. They were required by law to adequately investigate and to have good faith discussions with us to better understand and to resolve any claims or concerns before going to litigation, but they failed to do so. Instead, they rushed to file an inaccurate complaint, as we will demonstrate in court. We are sickened by the reprehensible conduct of the DFEH to drag into the complaint the tragic suicide of an employee whose passing has no bearing whatsoever on this case and with no regard for her grieving family. While we find this behavior to be disgraceful and unprofessional, it is unfortunately an example of how they have conducted themselves throughout the course of their investigation. It is this type of irresponsible behavior from unaccountable State bureaucrats that are driving many of the State’s best businesses out of California.

They're not entirely wrong. California is a gong show these days. Homelessness and poverty run amok, rampant legal crime, etc. Businesses and people are leaving.

Big warning signs for Gavin Newsom in latest California recall poll

Yes, because California is the only state in the union with rampant legal crime. Oh wait, no, that's all the states. And the recall poll is mostly a bunch of anti-vaxxers stating they shouldn't have to wear masks. The guy's not great, but he's far from the worst governor in the country.
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older