11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Morning Mobilization
Jun 20, 2021, 08:14
Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 20, 2021, 08:14
Jun 20, 2021, 08:14

My guess is that you're opted in automatically and that you have to opt out. You don't have a choice with the president alert.
My Android 8 phone never received an alert including the president test alert, Android 11 is when i started getting alerts. Maybe it's os related.
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Jun 20, 2021, 06:57
Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 20, 2021, 06:57
Jun 20, 2021, 06:57

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 19, 2021, 06:29:
LEO law enforcement officer.
I don't know how many alerts we can get, here are a few.
Emergency Broadcast System, I think this was changed during 45's presidency to the Presidential Alert after so many made fun of him on TikTok.
Amber Alert, missing children
Silver Alert, missing adults
Weather Alerts
& Blue
My question remains as to whether you have to opt in to receive these? I have never received any of these alerts on my phone.
"The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive." - The Doctor

Jun 19, 2021, 18:52
Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2021, 18:52
Jun 19, 2021, 18:52

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 19, 2021, 18:32:
Emergency Broadcast System, I think this was changed during 45's presidency to the Presidential Alert after so many made fun of him on TikTok.
Weather Alerts
& Blue

The following is from the link which does a very good job of describing Texas Blue alerts ( a leo was injured)

"Emergency alerts can be toggled on and off in your cell phone settings."
Except for presidential.
The alert in question was made a Texas wide alert.
Fifteen of the smallest US states could fit within Texas simultaneously including Kentucky, Virginia, Indiana, Maine, South Carolina, West Virginia, Maryland, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Hawaii, Connecticut, Delaware, and Rhode Island.
Texas borders Mexico.
I'm surprised Interpol wasn't involved and that you didn't get an alert in Germany.

The problem here being this ->
This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.

But if you want alerts.. we got alerts. Got 3 extreme weather warnings for extreme storms with thunder/hail today, ran outside each time to secure my shit, and what happened? Oh yeah, nothing. Except brooding heat (38℃) yay
try this http://archive.today/9koTP

What is a Blue Alert?
The Blue Alert program is used to alert the public about people who are accused of killing or seriously injuring police officers or other members of law enforcement, in an effort to apprehend the suspect as soon as possible, according to Texas DPS.
Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry signed an executive order in 2009 to start the program, which includes emergency messages sent to cell phones and other devices with relevant information about the suspect designed to facilitate tips and leads.

The criteria DPS uses to issue the alerts are:

A law enforcement officer must have been killed or seriously injured by an offender
The investigating law enforcement agency must determine that the offender poses a serious risk or threat to the public and other law enforcement personnel
A detailed description of the offender’s vehicle, vehicle tag, or partial tag must be available for broadcast to the public
The investigating law enforcement agency of jurisdiction must recommend activation of the Blue Alert to the Texas DPS

Jun 19, 2021, 18:32
Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2021, 18:32
Jun 19, 2021, 18:32

Weather Alerts
& Blue

The following is from the link which does a very good job of describing Texas Blue alerts ( a leo was injured)

Except for presidential.
Fifteen of the smallest US states could fit within Texas simultaneously including Kentucky, Virginia, Indiana, Maine, South Carolina, West Virginia, Maryland, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Hawaii, Connecticut, Delaware, and Rhode Island.
Texas borders Mexico.
I'm surprised Interpol wasn't involved and that you didn't get an alert in Germany.

The problem here being this ->
This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.

But if you want alerts.. we got alerts. Got 3 extreme weather warnings for extreme storms with thunder/hail today, ran outside each time to secure my shit, and what happened? Oh yeah, nothing. Except brooding heat (38℃) yay

Jun 19, 2021, 10:21
Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2021, 10:21
Jun 19, 2021, 10:21

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 18, 2021, 14:27:
Haha! So did I! Of all the alerts, "Blue Alerts" are the ones I give the least fucks about.
If you need a podcast to lower raise your blood pressure;
https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510360/on-our-watch
What really happens inside those police internal affairs investigations that promise
accountability?

"On Our Watch brings listeners into the rooms where officers are questioned and witnesses are interrogated to find out who this system is really protecting. Is it the officers, or the public they've sworn to serve? New episodes on Thursdays."

Jun 19, 2021, 06:29
Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2021, 06:29
Jun 19, 2021, 06:29

Weather Alerts
& Blue

Except for presidential.
Texas borders Mexico.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2021, 06:42.

Jun 19, 2021, 05:31
Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2021, 05:31
Jun 19, 2021, 05:31

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 18, 2021, 14:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2021, 13:21:
A couple nights ago a Texas Blue alert woke me up. Hundreds of miles away a LEO had been shot. It didn't give enough information to identify the suspect or a link to get more information.
I quickly added it to the other alerts that I've disabled.

Haha! So did I! Of all the alerts, "Blue Alerts" are the ones I give the least fucks about.

Educate an European pleb.. what on earth is a LEO and a Blue Alert.. or is it really what we call "police notices" and you guys have that pushed to phones? Makes one wonder why.

Jun 18, 2021, 20:25
Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 18, 2021, 20:25
Jun 18, 2021, 20:25

I think it was turned on automatically with my new phone.
I think this was the alert, looks like they canceled it because of complaints.

Jun 18, 2021, 20:16
Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 18, 2021, 20:16
Jun 18, 2021, 20:16

Is this something you have to opt in or sign up for? I've never gotten one of those presidential alerts before. I get alerts from my county and city, but I had to go to their site and sign up for them.
"The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive." - The Doctor

Jun 18, 2021, 14:27
Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 18, 2021, 14:27
Jun 18, 2021, 14:27

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2021, 13:21:
A couple nights ago a Texas Blue alert woke me up. Hundreds of miles away a LEO had been shot. It didn't give enough information to identify the suspect or a link to get more information.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Jun 18, 2021, 13:21
Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 18, 2021, 13:21
Jun 18, 2021, 13:21

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older