Get Control for Free

The Epic Games Store now offers Control for free, as Remedy's third-person action/adventure is the store's latest weekly giveaway. It will be yours to keep if you claim it over the coming seven days. As usual, after that it will be supplanted by a newer giveaway. After a couple of weeks of secrecy, Epic is once again unveiling its plans, saying next week's pair of freebies will be Hell is other demons and Overcooked! 2. Here are some details to help you decide if you want to be a Control freak:
After a secretive agency in New York is invaded by an otherworldly threat, you become the new Director struggling to regain Control.

From developer Remedy Entertainment, this supernatural 3rd person action-adventure will challenge you to master the combination of supernatural abilities, modifiable loadouts and reactive environments while fighting through a deep and unpredictable world.

Control is Jesse Faden’s story and her personal search for answers as she grows into the role of the Director. The world of Control has its own story, as do the allies Jesse meets along the way. Jesse works with other Bureau agents and discovers strange experiments and secrets.
View : : :
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Get Control for Free
Jun 14, 2021, 17:14
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 14, 2021, 17:14
Jun 14, 2021, 17:14

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 11, 2021, 00:43:
Control is one of the very few games that have blown me away in I'd say the last five decades.

Absolutely worth it at full price. At the price of free, even better.

This makes me going to play it next.

Jun 11, 2021, 21:43
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 21:43
Jun 11, 2021, 21:43

But it was an ECO Friendly tree hugging E-Boat💦💧⛲🌊🚤
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Jun 11, 2021, 21:22
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 21:22
Jun 11, 2021, 21:22

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 11, 2021, 11:25:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 11, 2021, 10:57:
Can you think of any successful industry built that way?
Sure, here are a handful:
The defense industry (No bid contracts that are immediately cost plus with no oversight)
The PC industry (Intel bribing and coercing manufacturers to only use Intel CPUs. Suing other small companies in to non-existence)
The airplane industry (Within the US, name another manufacturer besides Boeing {who have heavily "lobbied" and "donated to" Congresscreeps})
The agriculture industry (Monsanto. Need I say more?)
The software industry (Microsoft coercing PC manufacturers, schools, and being downright malevolently litigious)
The food industry (Nestle bribing local and state governments to let them drain reservoirs dry.)
Lmao, thank you for brilliantly proved my point. Worship

Edit: Did anyone else see those idiots here in Austin with the boat that almost died? They were hanging over the edge just like in a cartoon, swear.
Except this would have been real death, not comical. Sorry for the spoiler but they were rescued. Sent the link to Blue, hopefully he'll post it tomorrow.
‘What is this bullshit that you people are doing?’
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Jun 11, 2021, 15:00
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 15:00
Jun 11, 2021, 15:00

Great idea, very good dialogue, good combat and crisis moments.
But finally, to me it was good, not great, because of being lost time and again in the samey corridors, turning parts into a drudge, as the map gets muddled because all of the floors squished.
Put a compass, an Uber !

Also, the enemies are always far, you don't get to see them well (they are fast and if too near, you'll probably die).
Like Alan Wake, something in the game doesn't get to me.
Definitely would play Control 2, but not a favorite.

Have to try Quantum break, though.

Jun 11, 2021, 12:59
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 12:59
Jun 11, 2021, 12:59

Bodolza wrote on Jun 11, 2021, 12:46:
I refunded Control after trying it last year. I was pretty disappointed to discover it was a rogue-like with some brutal difficulty scaling. I personally don't enjoy repeatedly banging my head against a wall. Does it really get substantially better after a couple hours?
I don't think it gets a lot better. Late game is the same: shooting at hordes of enemies, trying to precision land headshots to make the fight go quicker. The story just kinds "ends" as well, with a pretty lame conclusion. If you didn't enjoy the early game you won't enjoy later game until you adjust to the difficulty.

Jun 11, 2021, 12:46
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 12:46
Jun 11, 2021, 12:46

I refunded Control after trying it last year. I was pretty disappointed to discover it was a rogue-like with some brutal difficulty scaling. I personally don't enjoy repeatedly banging my head against a wall. Does it really get substantially better after a couple hours?

Jun 11, 2021, 12:40
Jivaro

Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 12:40
Jun 11, 2021, 12:40
 Jivaro

Use Epic, don't use Epic...I really couldn't give a shit less. Do play Control eventually if you can, and now for free is a great offer. If you get a chance throw some money at the developers...even if it's for a different game.

That's all I meant. You "Epic is the devil" folks can relax with the quoting, I wasn't questioning your principals....I was acknowledging your perspective. Put away the knives and stop sharpening your talons.

Jun 11, 2021, 12:08
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 12:08
Jun 11, 2021, 12:08

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 11, 2021, 11:25:

The defense industry (No bid contracts that are immediately cost plus with no oversight)
The PC industry (Intel bribing and coercing manufacturers to only use Intel CPUs. Suing other small companies in to non-existence)
The airplane industry (Within the US, name another manufacturer besides Boeing {who have heavily "lobbied" and "donated to" Congresscreeps})
The software industry (Microsoft coercing PC manufacturers, schools, and being downright malevolently litigious)
The food industry (Nestle bribing local and state governments to let them drain reservoirs dry.)

You brought up the food industry.
You seldom see both coke and pepsi in the same establishment.
Now of course I realize that's partly due to limited space but some of it's due to...💲🤝💰

Jun 11, 2021, 11:53
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 11:53
Jun 11, 2021, 11:53

It's confusing to me how some want to restrict publishers and developers from marketing and selling their product how they see fit. That's very unamerican.

The most dangerous threat to Steam I know of are people purchasing keys elsewhere and activating them on Steam. They use all the bandwidth that steam pays for to download the game with no added benefit to the monopolies bottom line. I read here all the time where people complain about prices and buy Steam keys elsewhere.
Does anyone actually buy anything from Steam.

The Epic Game Store and Tim Sweeney have done many good things for the industry even forcing the de facto monopoly to make some much-needed changes.

Competition is good.

Jun 11, 2021, 11:25
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 11:25
Jun 11, 2021, 11:25

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Jun 11, 2021, 11:03
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 11:03
Jun 11, 2021, 11:03

Drugs? Sex trade? Gambling?

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Jun 11, 2021, 10:57
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 10:57
Jun 11, 2021, 10:57

You can see why even in this thread, that's it's already becoming acceptable to gamers for a store to bribe developers and publisher into exclusive deals.
And because the way it was handle that idiot was came out lying, claiming that Steam was unfairly or overcharging.
Steam built this industry every step of the way for almost 2 decades now. He jumps in after 2 decades throwing money and free games around,
claiming the industry is corrupt and only he can fix it, by buying off his customers.

Really what are we going for here, what if Steam is correct with their 2 decades of experience?
Are you or anyone else willing to destroy an industry, with no evidence?
Because I'm sure you recognize that idiot sweeny, has absolutely NO Successful Example to point to for us to verify he has any fucking idea, what he's talking about.
Why can't he point to a successful example like epic, because epic is shit without fartnite and tencent.

Lest you think, I won't participate in thread to shit talk Steam for all their mistakes, I will and I have.
This is completely different, this PLAN is made up of whole cloth and could destroy an industry.

Jun 11, 2021, 10:51
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 10:51
Jun 11, 2021, 10:51

Rilcon wrote on Jun 11, 2021, 10:41:
Gonna start calling my paycheck "a bribe" and earmark my rent payments with "Bribe".
To save time I've had all my checks pre-printed with BRiBe in the memo section.

Now I've got to convince one of the baristas to see if they'll put a card on the tip jar that says bribes.🤑

Jun 11, 2021, 10:44
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 10:44
Jun 11, 2021, 10:44

After all the positives here I grabbed Control. Now next weeks 'Hell' is one f'ugly looking game. Yuch

Jun 11, 2021, 10:41
Rilcon

Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 10:41
Jun 11, 2021, 10:41
 Rilcon

Gonna start calling my paycheck "a bribe" and earmark my rent payments with "Bribe".

Jun 11, 2021, 10:16
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 10:16
Jun 11, 2021, 10:16

Well, I don't see how your angst is leveled at Epic...that's just another games store. It's the game devs who agree to and take the exclusives--none of them have a gun pointed at their heads that I can see...;) And please, tell me what is anticompetitive about lower prices to store customers? Seems to me that is ultra-competitive.
It is well known that I cannot err--and so, if you should happen across an error in anything I have written you can be absolutely sure that *I* did not write it!...;)

Jun 11, 2021, 07:22
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 07:22
Jun 11, 2021, 07:22

Teddy wrote on Jun 11, 2021, 00:46:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 10, 2021, 22:17:
Amazing game, I was holding off another replay about 6 months ago. I just knew I was getting a new RTX 3060ti. 🤦‍♂️ Slap Raincloud
It was such a good deal at release. Iirc, Remedy's $20 on Steam release. I had support Remedy and I'll eventually get it on GOG.
Never epic, who held it back with their despicable, anti competitive consumer practices.

The actress Courtney Hope is extremely talented. Not only her emotional range but physical range rarely seen.

You mean Epic who paid Remedy more than Steam or GOG did and take less of a cut per sale? I get not liking exclusives, but if your goal is to support Remedy, then you took a u-turn somewhere in that logic.
I see what you mean but I meant support Remedy on Steam, I don't view epic as legitimate. If you want to talk about why, no problem.
Nor do I care what false claims epic makes about pricing. Steam clearly uses the profits for innovation, stability and security.
Steam is a leader in the industry, epic is 💩 stuck on the bottom of your shoe and copys them without credit or doing any of the
groundbreaking work. epic SHOULD be giving money and games back because they sure the hell don't do jackshit for the industry.

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2021, 01:23:
First, Epic is not making these decisions. Publishers and developers are.
Yes, they took the money, that epic offered. So we've got a rogue company bribing "independent (at least if iirc atm) game developers with
money they need to help remain independent, so they can get exclusives, correct? epic offered a bribe, so yes they are responsible.
If they cared about the industry, they could have just offered Remedy a no interest loan, without conditions.
But they didn't, if offered a bribe for quid pro quo, correct?

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2021, 01:23:
Second, Epic's practices are entirely pro-competition.
A differentiation strategy is an approach businesses develop by providing customers with something unique, different and distinct from items their competitors may offer in the marketplace. The main objective of implementing a differentiation strategy is to increase competitive advantage. A business will usually accomplish this by analyzing its strengths and weaknesses, the needs of its customers and the overall value it can provide.

You know what isn't pro-competition? Monopolies like Steam who force their price on all other vendors.
[just to be clear, I'm going after the article ]
You know that's a fluff piece of bullshit, correct? A different approach, ridiculous excuse to justify bribery.
Riding on Steam's coattails, not doing any of the groundbreaking work. It's not a monopoly if it's an industry standard. Newidea
Steam has tried to created the industry standard, through innovation, security, largest gaming server system, finance and solid work.
They are far from perfect but when you are the gdamn leading innovator in the world, your allowed flexibility. Number1

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2021, 07:36.

Jun 11, 2021, 06:14
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 06:14
Jun 11, 2021, 06:14

Lord Tea wrote on Jun 11, 2021, 03:53:
Jivaro wrote on Jun 10, 2021, 18:27:
Control is an OUTSTANDING game.

I don't know anything about Genshin Impact, but Control by itself is an nearly unskippable free offer. I know there are the hard core anti-Epic folks that won't get it at Epic's store, but you all should play this game eventually.

I’m not anti Epic, I’m anti “exclusive”.
You should probably stay far away from Steam then, about 80% of their catalogue is exclusive to Steam.

Jun 11, 2021, 03:53
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 03:53
Jun 11, 2021, 03:53

Jivaro wrote on Jun 10, 2021, 18:27:
Control is an OUTSTANDING game.

I don't know anything about Genshin Impact, but Control by itself is an nearly unskippable free offer. I know there are the hard core anti-Epic folks that won't get it at Epic's store, but you all should play this game eventually.

I’m not anti Epic, I’m anti “exclusive”. And since I don’t have an Epic account this offer is perfectly skippable. Just sticking to my personal rules/values, no matter what.

Jun 11, 2021, 03:15
Re: Get Control for Free Jun 11, 2021, 03:15
Jun 11, 2021, 03:15

I have a subscription to Geforce Now and they seem to follow Epic's freebies pretty close which is nice. It seems like the minute Epic releases a new freebie, GFN suddenly supports it. They recently added this version of Control on Epic so, the minute you claim your freebie, you fire up GFN and instantly start playing the game, no downloading
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older