3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Evening Safety Dance
Jun 10, 2021, 06:15
Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 10, 2021, 06:15
Jun 10, 2021, 06:15

Q. On why the company shut down the gas over a computer system attack

A. Let me take you back to the early morning of May 7. We knew immediately that there was an issue, and we are programmed to only operate the pipeline if we feel that it's in safe operating condition: it won't cause any harm to employees, the communities we serve or to the environment. So we have what we call "stop work authority" at Colonial; any of our employees has the opportunity to use it. If they identify a risk, their job is to contain it immediately. In this case, a ransomware note came across the screen in our control room. It was immediately recognized, and the control room supervisor immediately decided to shut down the pipeline. It was the right decision to make because you don't know what you have [to deal with] at that point in time.

Joe Blount, CEO of Colonial Pipeline NPR
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Jun 10, 2021, 05:16
Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 10, 2021, 05:16
Jun 10, 2021, 05:16

'I put the interests of the country first'- Colonial Pipeline CEO on why oil biz paid off ransomware crooks.

If he really wanted to "put the interests of the country first" he wouldn't have turned off the pipeline which was unaffected by the ransomware, just because he couldn't get paid.
The cyber attack that shutdown the Colonial pipeline causing a gas panic and stoking fears of gasoline shortages, didn’t actually shut down the pipeline. It impacted the billing system at the Colonial Pipeline Co., which shut it down because they were worried about how they’d collect payments.
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

Jun 9, 2021, 23:23
Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 9, 2021, 23:23
Jun 9, 2021, 23:23

edited snippets
"Justice Department spokesman declined to say how the F.B.I. seized DarkSide’s private key.
The federales could have seized DarkSide’s private keys by planting a human spy inside DarkSide’s network, hacking the computers where the keys and passwords were stored, or compelled the service that holds the private wallet to turn them over via search warrant or other means."

No one else was in the room where it happened. Hamilton
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older