Out of the Blue

Unless I'm being deceived by the God of Mischief, today is the launch day for Loki, the MCU's third Disney+ series. I enjoyed WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier (and all the MCU films, for that matter), and I'll be shocked if I don't like this as well. So I'm looking forward to further Phase 3 wrap-up, further Phase 4 setup, as well as loads of mischief. Oh yeah, and dodging newsfeed spoilers on Wednesday instead of Friday. I've seen a lot of chatter on the decision to move the series two days earlier in the week, but I haven't seen anyone nail the logic. Wednesday is Woden's day, or Odin's day. So the change is in honor of Loki's adopted father from the comics (and his blood-brother from mythology).

Mischievous Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Science
Thanks Max.

Media

View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Jun 10, 2021, 18:14
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2021, 18:14
Jun 10, 2021, 18:14

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 9, 2021, 21:10:
It is not all bad news, the Keystone XL Pipeline project was cancelled today.
That is GREAT news.
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Jun 10, 2021, 09:50
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2021, 09:50
Jun 10, 2021, 09:50

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 9, 2021, 17:14:
Texas Republican asks: can we fix the moon’s orbit to fight climate change? Texas Republican congressman Louie Gohmert has asked a senior US government official if changing the moon’s orbit around the Earth, or the Earth’s orbit around the sun, might be a solution for climate change.
Gohmert is an idiot. But not even he is stupid enough to this think was a legitimate question. It was simply his ham-handed attempt to make it seem like there is nothing we can do to fix climate change. The idea being if changing planetary orbits is required to fix things, which we clearly can't do, then why are we even talking about it? As ham-handed as it is, it is still unfortunately effective. I absolutely guarantee many of the Fox News crowd saw this as "evidence" there is nothing to be done. And the argument was spread widely by the left leaning press. I'd be reluctant to argue against the idea it was a smart move by Gohmert...
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jun 9, 2021, 21:26
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2021, 21:26
Jun 9, 2021, 21:26

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 9, 2021, 18:46:
Yeah, well... it isn't exactly all sunshine and roses in the rest of the US. Despite the fact it is a total cliche, it really does feel more and more like we have gone past some unseen balancing point.

Which is why I am trying to escape the US as fast as possible. We are starting to see the acceleration of the decline of the US. There is no stopping it at this point and I want out before the train plummets off the cliff.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Jun 9, 2021, 21:25
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2021, 21:25
Jun 9, 2021, 21:25

WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier were yawnfests AFAIC.

Loki looks good so far tho.

Jun 9, 2021, 21:10
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2021, 21:10
Jun 9, 2021, 21:10

It is not all bad news, the Keystone XL Pipeline project was cancelled today.

Jun 9, 2021, 20:58
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2021, 20:58
Jun 9, 2021, 20:58

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 9, 2021, 18:46:
Yeah, well... it isn't exactly all sunshine and roses in the rest of the US. Despite the fact it is a total cliche, it really does feel more and more like we have gone past some unseen balancing point. The worst part being we can't blame it on the "younger generation"!
Exactly What You Thought, But So Much Worse Than You Imagined
But you know we wouldn't want to investigate that.
I'm beginning to believe that you are right and we are fucked.
Buckle down and get used to minority rule.

Jun 9, 2021, 18:46
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2021, 18:46
Jun 9, 2021, 18:46

Yeah, well... it isn't exactly all sunshine and roses in the rest of the US. Despite the fact it is a total cliche, it really does feel more and more like we have gone past some unseen balancing point. The worst part being we can't blame it on the "younger generation"!

I'm torn between wishing I'd live another 100 years to see how things turn out and being happy I'll be dead in under 30 years.

Jun 9, 2021, 17:58
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2021, 17:58
Jun 9, 2021, 17:58

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 9, 2021, 17:14:
Apologies to Florida, but we are running a close 2nd on you azz

No, I am pretty sure we're in a dead heat for first place with both Florida and Alabama.

I had a friend IM me this morning to say, and I quote verbatim, the following:

"Hey, just wanted you to know that I am bouncing the fuck out of Texas. I can't deal with the government's stupidity, the population's stupidity, or the clear social regression that is occurring any further. When you're next up in the GWN, let's get together. Sorry you're one of the last of us stuck in Texas. Move soon."

GWN is "Great White North" aka Canada.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Jun 9, 2021, 17:14
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2021, 17:14
Jun 9, 2021, 17:14

Texas Republican asks: can we fix the moon’s orbit to fight climate change? Texas Republican congressman Louie Gohmert has asked a senior US government official if changing the moon’s orbit around the Earth, or the Earth’s orbit around the sun, might be a solution for climate change.
Apologies to Florida, but we are running a close 2nd on your ass

Edit
Best response i got was from a retired Air Force vet. "If we put all the Republicans on one side of the moon it might work." Biggrin

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2021, 17:50.

Jun 9, 2021, 13:16
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2021, 13:16
Jun 9, 2021, 13:16

I could care less about F&WS but I'm down with Loki - anything TH does really, if you haven't seen The Night Manager, watch it! Think I'll wait until it's done and binge it though. It was painful waiting for the next eps of WV.

Cool timelapse of those shrimp devouring that 'holy' Mackerel!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Loki
Jun 9, 2021, 11:39
Loki Jun 9, 2021, 11:39
Jun 9, 2021, 11:39

First episode was pretty fun. I do love time travel shenanigans.

Looks like they’re going for Wandavision levels of frustration by finishing episodes just as things start to get interesting!
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older