Out of the Blue

I got my results back from my annual physical, and they certainly could have been far worse. The one point of concern is that my cholesterol is up a bit. It's not high, but it's higher than it was, and certainly not low. As I've noted a couple of times, I'm still carrying around most of the COVID 19 that I gained over the course of the lockdown, so presumably the diet and exercise it will take to shed those extra pounds will also help my cholesterol levels as well.

Healthy Round-up
Thanks Ant and Neutronbeam.

Breakfast Link

Stories

Science
Thanks Max.

Media

Auction

Follow-up

View : : :
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

removed
Jun 10, 2021, 12:20
removed Jun 10, 2021, 12:20
Jun 10, 2021, 12:20

* REMOVED *

This comment was deleted on Jun 10, 2021, 12:27. Reason: Spam (rule 5)

Re: Out of the Blue
Jun 7, 2021, 15:49
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2021, 15:49
Jun 7, 2021, 15:49

bigspender wrote on Jun 4, 2021, 21:53:
U.S. Finds No Evidence of Alien Technology in Flying Objects, but Can’t Rule It Out, Either

The video is a bit of smudge or grease stuck between the several layers of glass in the optical targeting pod. That's why it rotates when the lense does.

The radar signatures going to crazy altitudes and speeds is just jamming tech doing exactly what it's supposed to do - create fake Radar tracks.

The stuff the pilots saw with their own eyes I can't explain this. Could be hypoxia and glare in the visor, but unlikely that the whole squad would have hypoxia. Probably aliens or a new Elon Musk venture lol. It's hard to say because they purposely mix and match several different days worth of accounts and incidents so that it sounds more legit that it is.
I think the whole thing is a FUD operation to throw our geopolitical rivals off track. We hear these stories of incredible technology: Mach 10 UAPs with no contrails or sonic boom, objects going from 0 to 80,000 feet in seconds, objects pulling instantaneous 90 and 180 degree turns. Then they show us some video of some low rez object cruising in a straight line at 100 knots for 30 seconds. The videos simply don't match the description. And I imagine the pilots might be part of the operation.

Alternatively, this is some kind of USAF black project, and they "tested" it against the USN (SPY-6 is basically the best sensor suite in the world). In one story I read, after one UAP sighting, the USAF came and took all the data from USN ships and deleted the data from the USN memory banks. I'm at work now, so I'll have to go look up the source later.
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

U.S. Finds No Evidence of Alien Technology in Flying Objects, but Can’t Rule It Out, Either
Jun 5, 2021, 12:29
U.S. Finds No Evidence of Alien Technology in Flying Objects, but Can’t Rule It Out, Either Jun 5, 2021, 12:29
Jun 5, 2021, 12:29

Reminds me of:
"The absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence of absence."

Jun 5, 2021, 07:01
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2021, 07:01
Jun 5, 2021, 07:01

bigspender wrote on Jun 4, 2021, 21:53:

The video is a bit of smudge or grease stuck between the several layers of glass in the optical targeting pod. That's why it rotates when the lense does.

The radar signatures going to crazy altitudes and speeds is just jamming tech doing exactly what it's supposed to do - create fake Radar tracks.

It appears to rotate because (as the title of the video gives away) the camera is on a rotating gimbal. There are perfectly reasonable explanations when you analyze what's seen in the videos. Here's one for the gimbal video, and a playlist of others.
"The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive." - The Doctor

Small pup uses filter to exit swimming pool
Jun 5, 2021, 02:55
Small pup uses filter to exit swimming pool Jun 5, 2021, 02:55
Jun 5, 2021, 02:55

This has nothing to do with anything posted here but... this is quite possibly the coolest little dog video EVAH!

Re: About 10,000 Tokyo Olympic volunteers have quit with Games closing in.
Jun 4, 2021, 21:57
Re: About 10,000 Tokyo Olympic volunteers have quit with Games closing in. Jun 4, 2021, 21:57
Jun 4, 2021, 21:57

They are approaching a breaking point. I'd say just a couple more "problems" and I think the Tokyo Olympics will be toast.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jun 4, 2021, 21:53
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 21:53
Jun 4, 2021, 21:53

The stuff the pilots saw with their own eyes I can't explain this. Could be hypoxia and glare in the visor, but unlikely that the whole squad would have hypoxia. Probably aliens or a new Elon Musk venture lol. It's hard to say because they purposely mix and match several different days worth of accounts and incidents so that it sounds more legit that it is.

Jun 4, 2021, 21:45
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 21:45
Jun 4, 2021, 21:45

ByteCrawler wrote on Jun 4, 2021, 21:28:
Higher cholesterol for me as well due to the pandemic. I don’t think I was eating that bad. I think the lack of everyday exercise from commuting and walking around in an office is the bigger reason why it spiked. But I am prone to it and it’s at its highest level I’ve ever been tested at.

Blue see the doco on Netflix called Forks Over Knives. It's old but entirely relevant.

Cholesterol is only found in animal products, and your own body also creates more cholesterol if you eat saturated fat, which for most people is from animal products, especially dairy and cheese. Eggs are insanely high in cholesterol. And animal foods don't have fibre, which pulls cholesterol out of your system.

The key to lowering your cholesterol is to eat more whole and unprocessed plant foods, and fewer animal products. So things like a bean stew instead of a beef stew. Just use plenty of (plant based) beef stock and it'll get the right taste.

If you lower your cholesterol enough, you can apparently even make yourself heart attack proof according Caldwell Esselstyns TedX talk. And the (now retired) president of the American College of Cardiology. But it must get below a total of 140mg/dl in order for arterial plaque to get cleaned out. It's pretty amazing that the thing which kills 1 in 3 people is entirely preventable for free.

Looking at it from the flip side, if your cholesterol is higher than total of 140 you will die of a preventable heart attack. Unless you die from something else first. It happens every 7 seconds in the USA to someone.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2021, 22:01.

Jun 4, 2021, 21:28
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 21:28
Jun 4, 2021, 21:28

Higher cholesterol for me as well due to the pandemic. I don’t think I was eating that bad. I think the lack of everyday exercise from commuting and walking around in an office is the bigger reason why it spiked. But I am prone to it and it’s at its highest level I’ve ever been tested at.

Jun 4, 2021, 17:39
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 17:39
Jun 4, 2021, 17:39

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 4, 2021, 12:43:
Like you stated, diet and exercise will likely lower your cholesterol besides all of its other benefits. You may have to learn to like salmon and lay off the steaks. 🥶 shivers at the thought
+1, every major illness the first thing doctors say is change your diet, eat less red meat.

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 4, 2021, 13:28:
It’s official, 45’s Facebook account is suspended until January 2023.
Unless he's still a danger (or in a mental institution ).
‘What is this bullshit that you people are doing?’
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Jun 4, 2021, 17:33
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 17:33
Jun 4, 2021, 17:33

A very sus chicken nugget shaped like an Among Us crewmate sells for $99,997 on eBay.

I bet the NFT goes for 10x that amount.
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

Jun 4, 2021, 17:30
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 17:30
Jun 4, 2021, 17:30

Blue wrote on Jun 4, 2021, 15:51:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 4, 2021, 13:35:
That McDonald's nugget is eventually going to go rancid. How is the winning bidder suppose to display it?

*Food* goes rancid. Nuggets abide.

Love the hamburger experiment at the end of Supersize Me: Put a bunch of McD's stuff in jars and also some burgers and fries from the mom & pop burger joint up the street and see which one decays faster. Or at all.

Jun 4, 2021, 17:24
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 17:24
Jun 4, 2021, 17:24

I'm still carrying around most of the COVID 19 that I gained over the course of the lockdown, so presumably the diet and exercise it will take to shed those extra pounds will also help my cholesterol levels as well.

I had my annual physical literally the day after yours, and the doctor told me exactly the same thing.

Jun 4, 2021, 16:44
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 16:44
Jun 4, 2021, 16:44

Blue, as a Google gynecologist/proctologist I am acutely more aware of every single inch of the female anatomy that has ever been discovered... sometimes in 4K *cough*. If you like, I'll make an exception because let's face it, your no spring chicken Sir, your best years... well *I look off into the sunset* I think those years may be behind you but ANYWAY; my point is that if you drop your pants and back up to your web cam I can check you out and make sure everything is A-ok down there because asses are asses really Sir. *Puts on the rubber gloves* HA! I said "A - OK"!

I wanted to add that this would be free of charge of course!

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2021, 17:01.

Jun 4, 2021, 16:31
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 16:31
Jun 4, 2021, 16:31

Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2021, 16:19:
Did you celebrate with Olivia Newton John's Physical?
Lulz. Had totally forgotten about the overweight guys getting transformed. That song completely changed her image.
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

Jun 4, 2021, 16:19
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 16:19
Jun 4, 2021, 16:19

Did you celebrate with Olivia Newton John's Physical?
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Jun 4, 2021, 16:18
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 16:18
Jun 4, 2021, 16:18

Simvastatin is incredible. Asked my cardiologist what his opinion of the drug was and he said he'd like to see it in the drinking water...! After taking it for a few years I decided to quit for a couple of months just to see if I felt any different--wasn't feeling bad, but I wanted to see just the same. Noticed no difference at all--not even a tiny difference. So I resumed and have been taking 40mg at night before bed for years--cholestoerol is as good (low) as it is possible for it to be with me walking around above ground...;) So...should you think you need it and diet and exercise are not enough, then I can recommend it. I actually quit that time after reading all this junk written by armchair doctors (quacks) about how awful Simvastatin is for the body--have never experienced a single side effect or had a problem with it. (And no, I own no stock in the company...;))
It is well known that I cannot err--and so, if you should happen across an error in anything I have written you can be absolutely sure that *I* did not write it!...;)

Jun 4, 2021, 15:51
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 15:51
Jun 4, 2021, 15:51

Kxmode wrote on Jun 4, 2021, 13:35:
That McDonald's nugget is eventually going to go rancid. How is the winning bidder suppose to display it?

*Food* goes rancid. Nuggets abide.
Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

Jun 4, 2021, 13:35
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 13:35
Jun 4, 2021, 13:35
 Kxmode

"There are times when I would rather have some Kahlua instead of a clue." - Mr. Tact (May 27, 2021)

Jun 4, 2021, 13:31
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2021, 13:31
Jun 4, 2021, 13:31

My wife & I started eating vegetarian about 8 months ago and it's been way easier than I thought. I've cheated a handful of times and accidentally ordered potato soup that had bacon bits in it (which I still ate) but overall we've been meat/fish free (still dairy) and it's been a positive change. Around the holidays I made "Impossible Chili" that, while I won't lie and say it was the same as regular chili, was definitely passable. It's a good way to change up the way you cook as well, but does take some trial & error with what you make and what you shop for. I think everyone should try it for a few weeks and see how it goes.
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older