Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Weekend

The Ubisoft Website offers the chance to play Ghost Recon Breakpoint for free all weekend on PC, PlayStation 4, and Stadia. The site says the event runs from May 27-31 in the heading, while later saying: "From May 27th to May 30th you can access the full game for free." The Free Weekend Trailer says this ends on the 31st too, so that's two votes to one. Here's the description of the clip:
From the 27th to 31st of May, discover the dangerous Auroa Island. Become a Ghost and fight against your worst enemy, ex-brothers in arms gone rogue, on their territory.

During this Free Weekend*, you will also have access to the new Teammate Experience Update, letting you customise your squad to the fullest, enjoy a better progression system and new weapons and headgear.
View : : :
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Weekend
May 28, 2021, 21:54
Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Weekend May 28, 2021, 21:54
May 28, 2021, 21:54

I reinstalled this... it's definitely better than previous versions, but the AI still feels mildly useless. Setting up Sync shots is easy but at least for me, way slower than just shooting everybody yourself, even trying to keep stealth going. The AI teammates aren't bad, but it feels better playing solo, to me anyway.

I feel like I should like this game more, it's very polished, and the gunplay is pretty good, the world looks gorgeous, but it's still sort of... bland somehow? I don't know, it's missing something. I couldn't finish the main campaign missions last time due to boredom, not sure I'll be able to finish them now either. Ennui, thy name is Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

May 28, 2021, 06:51
Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Weekend May 28, 2021, 06:51
May 28, 2021, 06:51

Definitely come a long way since release. While I don't like the setting/theme as much as Wildlands, it's a superior game in every way.

May 28, 2021, 01:23
Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Weekend May 28, 2021, 01:23
May 28, 2021, 01:23

maddog wrote on May 27, 2021, 22:47:
Is there a way to play this without all the MP stuff baked into the main game?

The last time there was a free weekend I thought I'd check it out since I love Wildlands so much.

Well, okay, the first five minutes of gameplay is cool but then I go to this rebel "base" and I see all these dudes running around with their gamer tags over their head. Kinda took me out of the game world and immersiveness.

Not only that, the UI looks expressly designed for MP (at least it looks like they REALLY want you to play mp).

Enough people complained, you can turn off other players in the "base". They also added AI squadmates that you can customize and give orders to, as well as level up. You can dramatically change your personal experience, difficulty, severity of injuries, how plentiful meds are, etc. Lots of control.

It still feels like a weird arcade game with some shoehorned Ubisoft magic, to me, but it's certainly a decent game for most people at this point.

May 27, 2021, 22:47
Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Weekend May 27, 2021, 22:47
May 27, 2021, 22:47

Is there a way to play this without all the MP stuff baked into the main game?

The last time there was a free weekend I thought I'd check it out since I love Wildlands so much.

Well, okay, the first five minutes of gameplay is cool but then I go to this rebel "base" and I see all these dudes running around with their gamer tags over their head. Kinda took me out of the game world and immersiveness.

Not only that, the UI looks expressly designed for MP (at least it looks like they REALLY want you to play mp).

May 27, 2021, 18:10
Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Weekend May 27, 2021, 18:10
May 27, 2021, 18:10

free all weekend on PC, PlayStation 4, and Stadia

free all weekend on PC, PlayStation 4, and Stadia Pro.

ftfy
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older