MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release

The Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC is now available for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries for PC and consoles. Piranha Games' single-player, BattleTech action game (and the new DLC) can also now be purchased for Windows through GOG.com or Steam, and the Xbox Series X|S edition is also now available. There's an added incentive on GOG.com, where you'll get a free copy of The Surge with your purchase. The PC version of Mercenaries had been exclusive on the Epic Games Store since late 2019 (updated to remove some erroneous date math, thank you Joshua for the heads-up). Here's a DLC Launch Trailer and some details:
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries finds players in the battlefields of the future, dominated by BattleMechs, hulking machines of war capable of leveling entire cities. As the inheritor of a once-glorious Mercenary company, the quest for glory and revenge will stretch light years, chasing the threads of interstellar intrigue on the journey to become an elite MechWarrior and mercenary commander.

The merc life of a MechWarrior BattleMech pilot continues in the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC. Follow your chosen career path from War Dog to Treasure Hunter in the new Career Mode. Explore new warzones, new quests, and new missions that span the full scope of the Inner Sphere. Hunt the Heroes with special quests that tell the story of seven new heroes and their lostech mechs. Find new mech chassis and variants, weapons, equipment, as well as blueprints to quirk your prized mechs.
View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release
May 31, 2021, 13:06
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 31, 2021, 13:06
May 31, 2021, 13:06

Rilcon wrote on May 27, 2021, 11:52:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 27, 2021, 11:07:
I heard the games shit and randomly just spawns constant tanks and helicopters over and over.

Is this true?

I wouldn't call the game shit, but vanilla before this DLC did leave a lot to be desired and got repetitive with no goals fast. Tanks and chopper spawning is finite, but most missions spam them at you, spawning pretty close, often blatantly so. For that, though, there are mods that change the spawning behavior, as well as improve on AI in general, so it's only an issue if you want it to remain an issue.

I've not tried the DLC or read up on it since it was delayed for the first time; if the career mode is decent it should alleviate the feeling of grind, and they've had well over a year to see all the complaints and community fixes for missions and core gamplay, so I'd hope a fair chunk of that is addressed...

perfect this is what I was looking for. In the past i've loved mechwarrior games.. but was waiting to see about this one because there's so much negativity on it.

May 28, 2021, 05:53
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 28, 2021, 05:53
May 28, 2021, 05:53

chickenboo wrote on May 27, 2021, 12:12:
All they had to do was capture the gritty scrappy Mech 2 Mercs feeling in a modern engine. From the reviews I've read, it doesn't sound like they managed to do that. If the mod tools allowed players to craft story content perhaps the playerbase could write the kind of campaign I had been dreaming of...

That would indeed be awesome. But it would also make Piranha look like total amateurs. Which, they fucking are. Which is the reason why the mod tools are as basic as they are and why they will never allow this to happen. (There is a better chance for it to happen in the Skyirm engine, then in this game)

May 28, 2021, 05:51
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 28, 2021, 05:51
May 28, 2021, 05:51

I heard the games shit and randomly just spawns constant tanks and helicopters over and over.

Is this true?

This is true. It still does that, although it doesn't do that behind your back anymore when you're not looking. I'm the biggest Mechwarrior fan ever (I even know so much of the lore it's not even funny) and this game is shit.
The new DLC added ONE new mission type. ONE!. Let that sink in. ONE! So the boring grindy, repetitive bullshit missions (which are all basically the same) have been increased by one.

Fuck this game, fuck it hard.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2021, 07:36.

May 27, 2021, 19:13
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 27, 2021, 19:13
May 27, 2021, 19:13

Darks wrote on May 27, 2021, 15:52:
you wont need to go there anymore, these will all be available in the Steam Workshop that added to the game now. Just waiting on all those mods to be updated and compatible for this newer version.

*Laughs in GOG*

May 27, 2021, 17:05
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 27, 2021, 17:05
May 27, 2021, 17:05

Bleeder wrote on May 27, 2021, 13:19:
Still waiting for the unreleased 2009 game which looked way better than this.

Good luck with that wait...

May 27, 2021, 16:26
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 27, 2021, 16:26
May 27, 2021, 16:26

Bleeder wrote on May 27, 2021, 13:19:

Me too. That looked amazing. In this one they've managed to make driving a giant robot with heaps of weapons boring. I can't really put my finger on why exactly, but it just felt very meh. It might be partly due to the graphics. Everything looks like a miniature, and you feel human sized. I dunno. You also don't feel like you're in a mech sim, instead it's like they nerf'd your charater to artifically make it like a sim, but it didn't work.

There is a lot of customization and all of that, so I'm sure mech fans will enjoy much of it, but I wasn't able to get into the gameplay. But given that it's a rare game with a coop campaign, I'd probably give it a playthrough with some friends at the right price.

This comment was edited on May 27, 2021, 16:37.

May 27, 2021, 15:53
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 27, 2021, 15:53
May 27, 2021, 15:53

FloorPie wrote on May 27, 2021, 15:30:
Just an FYI, the game came out on Epic in Dec, 2019. Its been out for 1.5 years on that platform.

It looks like they've made some decent improvements with the expansion, which of course brings the price up to the same as release's $50. Co-op is still controlled by the host but at least you can let your friends gear out their mechs themselves. I don't see anything definitive if the game will have Steam workshop support though.

Oh, and I've read that the offline installers on the GoG version haven't been released yet.

I haven't had a chance to try Coop yet, so is this a fact now that anyone who joins you no has full control on loadouts of their mech?

If that so, then this is a good start at least.

And yes it does have Steam workshop. Its there, but currently empty. Since the game is still new it may take a few days for the mods to start popping in.
Author of the Neverwinter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Now integrated into Steams NWN: Enhanced Edition

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

May 27, 2021, 15:52
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 27, 2021, 15:52
May 27, 2021, 15:52

Simon Says wrote on May 27, 2021, 13:25:
The Half Elf wrote on May 27, 2021, 11:19:

Is this true?
Game isn't bad but it's a major grindfest between story missions. They have added a new patch so not sure what's changed but pissed they changed their privacy stuff to play online. And at least before todays patch yes it would just spawn in tanks and aicraft randomly.

There's a mod over at NexusMods to remove that tanks/helicopters spamming nonsense if I remember correctly.

you wont need to go there anymore, these will all be available in the Steam Workshop that added to the game now. Just waiting on all those mods to be updated and compatible for this newer version.
Author of the Neverwinter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Now integrated into Steams NWN: Enhanced Edition

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

May 27, 2021, 15:30
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 27, 2021, 15:30
May 27, 2021, 15:30

Just an FYI, the game came out on Epic in Dec, 2019. Its been out for 1.5 years on that platform.

It looks like they've made some decent improvements with the expansion, which of course brings the price up to the same as release's $50. Co-op is still controlled by the host but at least you can let your friends gear out their mechs themselves. I don't see anything definitive if the game will have Steam workshop support though.

Oh, and I've read that the offline installers on the GoG version haven't been released yet.

May 27, 2021, 13:25
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 27, 2021, 13:25
May 27, 2021, 13:25

The Half Elf wrote on May 27, 2021, 11:19:

Is this true?
Game isn't bad but it's a major grindfest between story missions. They have added a new patch so not sure what's changed but pissed they changed their privacy stuff to play online. And at least before todays patch yes it would just spawn in tanks and aicraft randomly.

There's a mod over at NexusMods to remove that tanks/helicopters spamming nonsense if I remember correctly.

May 27, 2021, 13:19
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 27, 2021, 13:19
May 27, 2021, 13:19

May 27, 2021, 12:58
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 27, 2021, 12:58
May 27, 2021, 12:58

chickenboo wrote on May 27, 2021, 12:12:
All they had to do was capture the gritty scrappy Mech 2 Mercs feeling in a modern engine. From the reviews I've read, it doesn't sound like they managed to do that. If the mod tools allowed players to craft story content perhaps the playerbase could write the kind of campaign I had been dreaming of...
This sums it up for me. Mechwarrior 2: Mercs is still my all time favorite.

May 27, 2021, 12:12
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 27, 2021, 12:12
May 27, 2021, 12:12

May 27, 2021, 11:52
Rilcon

Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 27, 2021, 11:52
May 27, 2021, 11:52
 Rilcon

Is this true?

I wouldn't call the game shit, but vanilla before this DLC did leave a lot to be desired and got repetitive with no goals fast. Tanks and chopper spawning is finite, but most missions spam them at you, spawning pretty close, often blatantly so. For that, though, there are mods that change the spawning behavior, as well as improve on AI in general, so it's only an issue if you want it to remain an issue.

I've not tried the DLC or read up on it since it was delayed for the first time; if the career mode is decent it should alleviate the feeling of grind, and they've had well over a year to see all the complaints and community fixes for missions and core gamplay, so I'd hope a fair chunk of that is addressed...

May 27, 2021, 11:19
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 27, 2021, 11:19
May 27, 2021, 11:19

Is this true?

May 27, 2021, 11:07
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Gets DLC and Steam Release May 27, 2021, 11:07
May 27, 2021, 11:07

Is this true?
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older