Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released

Hood: Outlaws & Legends is now available on the Epic Games Store and Steam offering the chance to plan and execute PvPvE multiplayer heists in a brutal medieval world. There is also a Year 1 Edition which bundles the game with a Year I Battle Pass with three premium Battle Packs. Here's a Launch Trailer and here's the pitch:
Faced with a merciless, unchecked state, rebels and rogues battle to claim their place among legends. To win influence with an oppressed people, rival gangs compete in daring heists to hit the wealthy where it hurts. Folk hero or gold-hungry outlaw, only the best will escape with hard-earned riches.

Two teams of 4 players compete to execute the perfect heist, in medieval environments patrolled by deadly AI guards. With the unique skills and mystical abilities of each character, moving in stealth to steal treasures unseen or dominating through loud and brutal combat.

Blood will be spilled. Riches will be stolen. Legends will be reborn.
View : : :
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released
May 12, 2021, 02:45
Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 12, 2021, 02:45
May 12, 2021, 02:45

Acleacius wrote on May 11, 2021, 21:38:
Then this is all on you, don't try to lay your BS on me. It's clear your just spreading the lie.
Team Deathmatch and CTF are NOT Coop. Your literally saying 'enemy player', and you still don't even get it.

The developer/publisher is lying to try to trick people into buying their game.The majority of pvp games can't survive,
and developers/publishers know it, that's why they lie. Proof is there are not Coop servers and it's absurdly hilarious
you as a seasoned gamer are trying to convince seasoned gamers, Team Deathmatch and CTF are Coop games.

It maybe a great pvp game, but that doesn't mean jackshit to Coop/PvE players.

Chill the fuck down. I'm trying to have a conversation with you here. If you think my arguments are "BS", try to articulate why this is. You know, the way thinking adults do.

I still dont see why you think they have been misadvertizing. Where are these lies you speak of? What is your narrow definition of coop? When is a game allowed to check that box, in your eyes?

May 11, 2021, 21:38
Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 11, 2021, 21:38
May 11, 2021, 21:38

Then this is all on you, don't try to lay your BS on me. It's clear your just spreading the lie.
Team Deathmatch and CTF are NOT Coop. Your literally saying 'enemy player', and you still don't even get it.

The developer/publisher is lying to try to trick people into buying their game.The majority of pvp games can't survive,
and developers/publishers know it, that's why they lie. Proof is there are not Coop servers and it's absurdly hilarious
you as a seasoned gamer are trying to convince seasoned gamers, Team Deathmatch and CTF are Coop games.

It maybe a great pvp game, but that doesn't mean jackshit to Coop/PvE players.

‘What is this bullshit that you people are doing?’
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

May 11, 2021, 19:56
Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 11, 2021, 19:56
May 11, 2021, 19:56

Interesting takes I've seen on this one. Pro and con. Shame the matchmaking is apparently not good. Hopefully once people learn the mechanics they'll work together more.

No real interest in this one from me, not interested in just pvp. It was summed up well by a streamer I watched play it last week, "I was hoping it was going to be a medieval payday". Maybe they'll put in a coop pve mode down the road.

May 11, 2021, 19:16
Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 11, 2021, 19:16
May 11, 2021, 19:16

Acleacius wrote on May 11, 2021, 17:54:
Quinn wrote on May 11, 2021, 04:19:
Acleacius wrote on May 10, 2021, 22:50:
Just another lying publisher/developer, there is no coop. This is pvp pure and simple, if your looking for coop skip these lying bastards. Middlefinger

No co-op? How is there no co-op?

Is your reply going to be plagiarism; the rhetoric of the jaded, click-bait YT reviewers? After all, bitching brings in the views. Or have you played the game yourself and have experiences to share that validate your point?
Wtf are you talking about? I can't wait to hear your explanation of how calling out fraudulent advertising is plagiarism.
Coop is working with other players and protection against being killed by other players.
Are you suggesting we as customers should be idiots and believe these lying publishers/developers, team deathmatch or ctf are coop?
Or are you saying 'you' believe them and now your trying to make us believe them?

How long have you been playing games, the only explanation for you to believe this OR be promoting the lie,
is your profiting from it or you were born yesterday and the last 20 to 30 years of gaming defining Coop doesn't count.
In the description it says "work together with your team to defeat the other team"
I noticed you didn't provide a single piece of evidence Coop servers exist, minor detail. I'm sure you meant to but you were so busy you forgot.

I've been playing games since I was 5 years old. I'm 35 now. This game is in all its definition a coop game. Of course there will be rushing, idiot lone wolves that screw it for the rest of the team, but in a good communicating team, the other team stands no chance.

My coop experiences so far:

1.) I was having a hard time with a melee enemy player. I was a stealth class and he got me fair and square and I was struggling to survive. My hits didn't hurt him enough so I dodged his attacks as long as I could but my stamina was falling. The only thing that kept me hopeful was a friend in the background, steadily advancing and sneaking up to the melee enemy player's back. Right when my stamina was empty and I could no longer dodge, the friendly player assassinated the melee enemy player from behind. I thanked him. He said I was welcome.

2.) As a strong melee character I was carrying the chest. But whilst carrying the chest, I am defenseless. A ranged team member did a solid headshot on an enemy playing heading right for me. The two other team members held back two other enemy players while i walked away toward the extraction point. It felt quite epic.

3.) A strong melee team member carried the chest. He dropped it in front of a closed portcullis. Being the "John" character, he was able to lift the portcullis. I picked up the chest and as a weaker class, I slowly walked under and past the portcullis that he held up. I dropped the chest in front of him. He dropped the portcullis behind him, picked up the chest and rushed to the extraction point with the advancing enemy team stuck behind the portcullis since they didn't have a John in their team.
We made it to the extraction point before the enemy team managed to catch up.

4.) With a timed assassination, myself and another team player often kill two guards walking or standing next to eachother. Without this coordination, one of the guards will sound the alarm while the other is being assassinated.

5.) I drop a smoke bomb as the others are winching the chest. This way the enemy archers can't see ergo can't hit the stationary winchers, unless they're lucky.

6.) While 2 players of the team winch, the other 2 defend.

7.) As the archer class, when possible I climb up onto high vantage points and mark targets of interest for my team. Like enemy players or the Sheriff. As the archer class said targetting is more efficient and lasts longer, making it near impossible enemy players spotted by me to go about their business in stealth.

8.) As the Priest class, I heal my team at the right moment with my ultimate. This also allows for seeing enemies through walls, which is of great importance while winching.

9.) I often "sacrifice" myself by taking on the roll of the spawn-point capturer/defender. Without such a dedication, the chances for winning are slim.

I'm sure I can come up with more examples of coop.

Why is this not coop, in your eyes? I think you mean to say it isn't coop like, say, Neverwinter Nights coop or Splinter Cell coop, etc. But they've never said it was just PVE coop. This game has always been marketed as PvPvE.

May 11, 2021, 17:54
Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 11, 2021, 17:54
May 11, 2021, 17:54

Quinn wrote on May 11, 2021, 04:19:
Just another lying publisher/developer, there is no coop. This is pvp pure and simple, if your looking for coop skip these lying bastards. Middlefinger

Is your reply going to be plagiarism; the rhetoric of the jaded, click-bait YT reviewers? After all, bitching brings in the views. Or have you played the game yourself and have experiences to share that validate your point?
Wtf are you talking about? I can't wait to hear your explanation of how calling out fraudulent advertising is plagiarism.
Coop is working with other players and protection against being killed by other players.
Are you suggesting we as customers should be idiots and believe these lying publishers/developers, team deathmatch or ctf are coop?
Or are you saying 'you' believe them and now your trying to make us believe them?

How long have you been playing games, the only explanation for you to believe this OR be promoting the lie,
is your profiting from it or you were born yesterday and the last 20 to 30 years of gaming defining Coop doesn't count.
In the description it says "work together with your team to defeat the other team"
I noticed you didn't provide a single piece of evidence Coop servers exist, minor detail. I'm sure you meant to but you were so busy you forgot.

May 11, 2021, 12:49
Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 11, 2021, 12:49
May 11, 2021, 12:49

Quinn wrote on May 10, 2021, 18:07:
Steele Johnson wrote on May 10, 2021, 16:57:
Quinn wrote on May 10, 2021, 16:30:
[SC]TherMight wrote on May 10, 2021, 13:22:
One giant flaw in the mp gameplay is that both teams are trying to do the same thing in the same place with the same item (winching a chest)
If Team A spends 95% of the time winching it and then Team B comes in and wipes them together they are screwed.
Team B just does the last 5% and they win riding on Team A's coattails.
This means the ONLY really important part of the entire map is that last spot where the action bottlenecks. Which kind of means the rest of the game is a big waste of time leading up to that point.

And that right there is the product of misinformation, brought to you by the likes of dear Mack from WaB.

The missions have 4 stages: 1.) Pickpocket the key, 2.) Open the vault, 3.) Get the chest to the extraction point, 4.) Winch the chest.

Each succesful stage grants the team XP and Gold. The last part gives gold at every winch tick/checkpoint. The team that finishes gets the Victory title, which is a nothing bonus if that's all your team did.

How is that misinformation? Both teams repeat the same pattern every single game (like what you've described), and depending on who starts the winching first, the other team could just wait until you get to the 6th notch, take over the winch and get the last notch and win. I watched WAB video and he explains everything step by step (more than you did), so what do you know that Mack didn't describe in the video?

He didn't mention my entire last part:

Each succesful stage grants the team XP and Gold. The last part gives gold at every winch tick/checkpoint. The team that finishes gets the Victory title, which is a nothing bonus if that's all your team did.

In other words, if your team does nothing except for that last winch tick, they only get the Victory. This is equal to a handful of coins and XP that gets you nowhere fast.

I don't understand you. It's like you completely ignore that part?

I didn't ignore that part. Maybe you ignored the part that purchasing armor and weapons is pointless because it's purely cosmetic. So basically, the win is really all you care about, so makes the gameplay boring, repetitive, and unbalanced. The only thing you do get are perks, which are pointless anyway because the match-making is so bad in the game.

May 11, 2021, 04:19
Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 11, 2021, 04:19
May 11, 2021, 04:19

May 11, 2021, 03:24
Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 11, 2021, 03:24
May 11, 2021, 03:24

Honestly could not give less of a sh17 about this one. Hard pass.
"Everyone worse than me is a newb. Everyone better than me has no life."

May 10, 2021, 22:50
Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 10, 2021, 22:50
May 10, 2021, 22:50

May 10, 2021, 18:07
Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 10, 2021, 18:07
May 10, 2021, 18:07

Steele Johnson wrote on May 10, 2021, 16:57:
One giant flaw in the mp gameplay is that both teams are trying to do the same thing in the same place with the same item (winching a chest)
If Team A spends 95% of the time winching it and then Team B comes in and wipes them together they are screwed.
This means the ONLY really important part of the entire map is that last spot where the action bottlenecks. Which kind of means the rest of the game is a big waste of time leading up to that point.

And that right there is the product of misinformation, brought to you by the likes of dear Mack from WaB.

The missions have 4 stages: 1.) Pickpocket the key, 2.) Open the vault, 3.) Get the chest to the extraction point, 4.) Winch the chest.

How is that misinformation? Both teams repeat the same pattern every single game (like what you've described), and depending on who starts the winching first, the other team could just wait until you get to the 6th notch, take over the winch and get the last notch and win. I watched WAB video and he explains everything step by step (more than you did), so what do you know that Mack didn't describe in the video?

He didn't mention my entire last part:

In other words, if your team does nothing except for that last winch tick, they only get the Victory. This is equal to a handful of coins and XP that gets you nowhere fast.

I don't understand you. It's like you completely ignore that part?

May 10, 2021, 16:57
Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 10, 2021, 16:57
May 10, 2021, 16:57

May 10, 2021, 16:30
Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 10, 2021, 16:30
May 10, 2021, 16:30

That said, it is strange that they didn't go for a "tug of war" at the 4th stage.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2021, 16:46.

May 10, 2021, 13:22
Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 10, 2021, 13:22
May 10, 2021, 13:22

May 10, 2021, 12:43
RaZ0r!

Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 10, 2021, 12:43
 RaZ0r!

Pretty fun game. Capping spawns is crucial to success! It's locked at 62fps currently but they are working on removing that restriction.
I pwnz j00!

Re: Hood: Outlaws & Legends Released May 10, 2021, 12:43

Another mp game with poorly though-out gameplay. It's a shame, because the concept is great, it's just that the gameplay is basically nothing. Just follow the pattern and win or lose at the last seconds.
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older