Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
May 3, 2021, 23:17
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 23:17
May 3, 2021, 23:17

Tomorrow's Headline Tonight....

drumpf urine trouble
‘What is this bullshit that you people are doing?’
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

May 3, 2021, 20:50
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 20:50
May 3, 2021, 20:50

Acleacius wrote on May 3, 2021, 20:07:
Hope your friend gets better, FakeSpyder.

Movie theaters were in bad shape and dying before the drumpfandemic irrc.

6 properties "this year alone" Cutter. Lived there at least a decade with 'at least' 3 other properties plus family home on the mountain.
Personally, he's probably just dumping cash like the rest of the billionaires. They have to dump the cash before the new taxes hit.
Not everyone sues apple with their extra money, you know.

Edit:
Honestly it's Crested Butte's own damn fault. In the pre 2000 it was a small college town ski resort. Then they decide they wanted to
bring in more family businesses and outside investors. It started with marriot buying the main hotel iirc and now they've got a billionaire
buying up the town. I guess the saving grace at least atm, he and his wife have a house there. So they've got a little skin in the game.
I've eaten at the Wooden Nickle and the large area he bought, iirc was the last big lot and it's facing the main hwy in town.

Yeahbut....as the article states there's plenty of other people there with 2 or 3 properties themselves. So it's not like buying 3 more should send the town into a panic. So he hikes rents and everyone leaves and he's stuck with worthless properties. The article is much ado about nothing.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

May 3, 2021, 20:44
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 20:44
May 3, 2021, 20:44

Cutter wrote on May 3, 2021, 18:21:
So, just more clickbait as usual. The guy bought 6 properties. That's not buying up the fucking town.
It is a town of 5,700 and the guy bought $20 million worth of real estate. It isn't like he simply purchased six empty lots in the most recent housing development. Granted, the headline is overblown in making it sound like he bought the entire town, which he didn't. But he also didn't just move into town and buy the biggest house either. However, seeing as he has bought up active businesses and kept them running, I don't see much to complain about, yet. I'm guessing the sellers got more than they were ever expecting to get...
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

May 3, 2021, 20:07
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 20:07
May 3, 2021, 20:07

Hope your friend gets better, FakeSpyder.

Movie theaters were in bad shape and dying before the drumpfandemic irrc.

6 properties "this year alone" Cutter. Lived there at least a decade with 'at least' 3 other properties plus family home on the mountain.
Personally, he's probably just dumping cash like the rest of the billionaires. They have to dump the cash before the new taxes hit.
Not everyone sues apple with their extra money, you know.

Edit:
Honestly it's Crested Butte's own damn fault. In the pre 2000 it was a small college town ski resort. Then they decide they wanted to
bring in more family businesses and outside investors. It started with marriot buying the main hotel iirc and now they've got a billionaire
buying up the town. I guess the saving grace at least atm, he and his wife have a house there. So they've got a little skin in the game.
I've eaten at the Wooden Nickle and the large area he bought, iirc was the last big lot and it's facing the main hwy in town.

This comment was edited on May 3, 2021, 20:30.
‘What is this bullshit that you people are doing?’
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Re: Marvel Celebrates the Movies
May 3, 2021, 18:45
Re: Marvel Celebrates the Movies May 3, 2021, 18:45
May 3, 2021, 18:45

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 3, 2021, 13:27:
Yeah... I want to see a lot of movies, but I'm probably not going back to a theater ever, assuming any have even survived nearby.

Just release your movies on streaming, without months long delays or added 'premium' fees... the landscape has changed, the horse and buggy market has crashed, we no longer wear whalebone girdles, etc.

I thought about this, and now that I'm fully vaccinated I will brave the new Bond movie in theaters. Strictly for research purposes - we nefarious villains need to study the opposition.

Mainly, the lessons appear to be: Don't leave them alone in a locked room, don't leave minions to finish the job, and if you have them strapped to a table with a laser heading towards their nads (looking at you, Goldfinger), finish the job...

So hard to find good help these days...
Kittens!

May 3, 2021, 18:21
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 18:21
May 3, 2021, 18:21

Mr. Tact wrote on May 3, 2021, 17:50:
RedEye9 wrote on May 3, 2021, 17:28:
CB article not paywalled here.
Not paywalled, but begging me to turn off my ad blocker. Outline worked fine: https://outline.com/zeHqVY

Thanks for that. So, just more clickbait as usual. The guy bought 6 properties. That's not buying up the fucking town.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

May 3, 2021, 17:50
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 17:50
May 3, 2021, 17:50

RedEye9 wrote on May 3, 2021, 17:28:
Not paywalled, but begging me to turn off my ad blocker. Outline worked fine: https://outline.com/zeHqVY

May 3, 2021, 17:47
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 17:47
May 3, 2021, 17:47

surprised so many people don't understand tsunami dynamics. when you see the water rush out, that means there's a huge one coming that's building up mass and energy as it closes on the shore. it means get the fuck out as fast as you can. in some of the videos you can see people dawdling even as the huge one starts crashing over outer barriers. esp. feel bad about the pets that got left chained up =(

May 3, 2021, 17:28
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 17:28
May 3, 2021, 17:28

- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

May 3, 2021, 17:16
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 17:16
May 3, 2021, 17:16

That crested butt article is paywalled. Why is this dude buying it up? Is he trying to turn it into a company town?

"Las Vegas couple finds Ice Age horse fossil while workers dug their new pool."

So the couple found it, eh? Not the workers? Yeah. Someone should write a play, The Ice Horse Cometh.

Got 4 of my plants in the ground today. Goddamn it's a lot of work because the east side of the garden is rooty as fuck from all the trees on my neighbors side and the cedars I had cut down that were originally there. I am not a fan of ornamental trees. They should be fruit or nut producers IMO. So I'm crawling around cutting out a metric shit ton of roots. Gonna' be sore in the mornin'....

May 3, 2021, 17:13
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 17:13
May 3, 2021, 17:13

fakespyder wrote on May 3, 2021, 15:47:
It has been an awful few days here. The AstraZeneca clotting issue has hospitalised a wonderful person; my landlord who lives upstairs. I had hoped she was improving but a very early phone call this morning and her partner leaving home quickly has left me filled with fear for her.
They are a lovely couple. Their sounds, though muffled, drift down to me often. They laugh allot. I've kind of used them as an anchor of normalcy this past year.
I hope things aren't as bad as my imagination is conjuring.
I'm not anti-vaxx btw.

You don't have to be to be anti-AZ. They opened up the AZ vaccine here to anyone who wants it because people are overwhelmingly rejecting it. Same as everywhere else. That fucking thing is a death trap. Something like 60k AZ vaccines were distributed in the last two weeks since they opened it up and it's killed two people and put two others into critical care with massive multiple strokes - so they're fucked even if they survive. In Britain they keep revising the numbers downward from the amount of people having problems from it. Within 4 weeks there it went from possible complications of 1 in 250k to 1 in 100k, and it's dropped again since. Not to mention best efficacy for it - with both shots - is only 60%. Little better than a coin toss. Yeah thanks but that's a hard fucking pass on that vaccine thank you very much.

Tonight they open up registration for 50+ here for Moderna or Pfizer - and I'm - perfectly fine with those - so fingers crossed. Here's hoping she gets better!

Re: Fishermen Run For Their Lives
May 3, 2021, 17:06
Re: Fishermen Run For Their Lives May 3, 2021, 17:06
May 3, 2021, 17:06

afka Rossini wrote on May 3, 2021, 15:21:
Jeebus! I got a full on flight-mode adrenaline rush just watching that video. I was relieved to read all three, including the cameraman, were OK.

Yeah, that was wild. I was wondering what that noise was and then realized it was him panting being picked up by the mic. His little scream at the end was pretty funny, in spite of the fact I probably would have screamed like a little girl too.

Also watched Greenland on Prime the other night, was pretty terrible.

May 3, 2021, 16:43
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 16:43
May 3, 2021, 16:43

The Flying Penguin wrote on May 3, 2021, 12:43:
Another crazy video from that same 2017 Tsunami.

https://youtu.be/5GfSQcWwckQ
Here's the full video with several paragraphs of explanation. (EDIT: This is the same one posted below by Mr. Tact.)

Here's a wide angle view of the town during the tsunami.
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

May 3, 2021, 15:47
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 15:47
May 3, 2021, 15:47

It has been an awful few days here. The AstraZeneca clotting issue has hospitalised a wonderful person; my landlord who lives upstairs. I had hoped she was improving but a very early phone call this morning and her partner leaving home quickly has left me filled with fear for her.
They are a lovely couple. Their sounds, though muffled, drift down to me often. They laugh allot. I've kind of used them as an anchor of normalcy this past year.
I hope things aren't as bad as my imagination is conjuring.
I'm not anti-vaxx btw.

Re: Fishermen Run For Their Lives
May 3, 2021, 15:21
Re: Fishermen Run For Their Lives May 3, 2021, 15:21
May 3, 2021, 15:21

Jeebus! I got a full on flight-mode adrenaline rush just watching that video. I was relieved to read all three, including the cameraman, were OK.
I got nothin'.

May 3, 2021, 14:57
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 14:57
May 3, 2021, 14:57

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 3, 2021, 14:45:
"Regular" theatre chains, like our local one, suck as they enforce no rules and have zero fucks to give if your movie experience is disrupted. Other people make movies suck these days.
I almost said something about this, but ended up removing it. It is a perfectly legitimate complaint. However, I have to say it has been an extremely rare event for that to be an issue for me. Maybe I have just been lucky. *shrug*

May 3, 2021, 14:45
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 14:45
May 3, 2021, 14:45

Mr. Tact wrote on May 3, 2021, 13:47:
Honestly, more than anything else the thing which will keep me from going to see a lot of movies in the theater is the cost.

Mrs. Burrito and I talked about this just this morning while having tea on the front porch. It has to be a very exceptional movie for us to want to go to a theatre and we will only go to the Alamo Drafthouse to see it. Unfortunately, that's an hour drive, one way, for us.

"Regular" theatre chains, like our local one, suck as they enforce no rules and have zero fucks to give if your movie experience is disrupted. Other people make movies suck these days. Far better to stay home where the only disruption is my dog wanting her ears rubbed or if someone has to pee.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

May 3, 2021, 14:44
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 14:44
May 3, 2021, 14:44

"Billionaire Mark Walter Is Buying Up Crested Butte, Colorado, and Locals Are Freaked."

Just keep the toxic shit blue area politics out of Colorado when you come here.

May 3, 2021, 13:47
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 13:47
May 3, 2021, 13:47

Honestly, more than anything else the thing which will keep me from going to see a lot of movies in the theater is the cost. Kind of tough to swallow an $11 (or more depending on your location) movie ticket when I can get a Netflix subscription for $18 and watch as many movies as they have.

That said, many of my strongest movie memories are due in part to seeing them as part of a large audience. Last but not least, even my 4k 65" TV does not fully replicate the effect of watching a film on the "big screen". So, I suspect I'll continue to see some films in the theaters -- but if it amounts to more than one or two a year, I'd be very surprised.

May 3, 2021, 13:39
Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2021, 13:39
May 3, 2021, 13:39

Fisherman
When you see something unnatural like that happening don't stick around to film it.
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older