Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo and Timer Workaround Released

The Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo is now available on Steam, offering the chance to learn that it takes a village to make a zombie. This was announced as a one-day demo, but Capcom Re:Versed course and announced this would be available for an extra week. In a further limitation, the demo is intended to only work for an hour. Word is: "This limited-time demo lets you experience a taste of the upcoming survival horror sensation, Resident Evil Village. Players will have a total of 60 minutes to explore both the village and castle. How much time will you spend seeking answers in the village, and how long will you brave the castle’s corridors to uncover its dark secrets? It's up to you." But like life, Steam users find a way, and this forum post outlines how to reset the clock on the demo (thanks VGC). Here's word on that:
1. Disable Steam Cloud for RE8 Demo
2. Download Steam SAM (Steam Achievement Manager)
3. Delete Local Savefiles
(Located: D:\Steam\userdata\<YOUR STEAM ID>\1541780\remote\win64_save\
Delete those Files.
4. Start Steam SAM
5. Select RE8 Demo
6. Remove Achievements and Stats, confirm.

If you run the Demo now, Timer is Reset to 1Hour.
You can do that in a couple of Seconds, i even wrote a small tool to do that for me...

Info: If you do not want to set the Settings again all the Time, Reset everything, start the Demo to Main Menu, change all Settings you need and Close the game.
No go to your Local Save and copy data00-1.bin (this is where those settings are stored)
Once you have to reset again, proceed as Step 3 and just add the data00-1.bin you saved to the folder.

Resets the Timer but keeps all settings you made.
View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo and Timer Workaround Released
May 3, 2021, 11:53
Jivaro

Re: Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo and Timer Workaround Released May 3, 2021, 11:53
May 3, 2021, 11:53
 Jivaro

so weird to include all the content...

May 3, 2021, 11:33
Re: Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo and Timer Workaround Released May 3, 2021, 11:33
May 3, 2021, 11:33

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 3, 2021, 11:13:
How large is the download/unpacked size on drive? I'm curious as to why they even bothered with a timer instead of just limiting it by content.
Steam reports 9 GB download.

May 3, 2021, 11:25
Re: Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo and Timer Workaround Released May 3, 2021, 11:25
May 3, 2021, 11:25

Looked at the demo a bit last night, HDR & 4k, and it's very nice, so far. Looks like they are going for the old-school Hammer horror films atmosphere--which I definitely approve! We haven't seen a good horror game in that mold for quite some time. I will likely pick this up--too bad it seems to be a Steam exclusive.
It is well known that I don't make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in something I have written, you can be confident in the fact that *I* did not write it.

May 3, 2021, 11:13
Re: Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo and Timer Workaround Released May 3, 2021, 11:13
May 3, 2021, 11:13

How large is the download/unpacked size on drive? I'm curious as to why they even bothered with a timer instead of just limiting it by content.

May 3, 2021, 10:59
Re: Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo and Timer Workaround Released May 3, 2021, 10:59
May 3, 2021, 10:59

Who cares about this 1 hour time limit? It's more than enough to get a feel for the game. I don't know why Capcom bothered with the limit, since there 2 parts (castle & village) are very short. But why people care so much? Not a clue.

My experience of the demo: The village is a visual downgrade to the castle. Clearly the engine isn't made for outside areas like this one. Distant objects (especially the castle in the distance) look very jaggy like AA isn't on at all or like I was playing on a low resolution. The enemies don't look great either. Those lycan humans in the grain looked so bad! Like lighting had no effect on their models. They looked like they came out of a 2014 game. The village also wasn't scary at all. Like.. AT ALL.
The castle wasn't scary either, but man did it look GOOD! Ray-tracing painted some extra nice visuals here. The environment was very believable and beautiful with a lot of things to look at, like ornaments, paintings, furniture, all beautifully modeled. But yeah... Not at all scary. They tried the scariness with the vampire chick and the wine cellar, but due to a complete lack of foreshadowing or sense of dread... I could not care less. And mind you... I am in love with RE7 and finished it again this afternoon before trying the demo...

Will I buy RE8? Yes. They gained my trust with RE7 and I hope this demo sucked simply because it's a demo and this game needs the narrative, the foreshadowing, etc. for it to be immersive and scary.

PS: The village mood... wtf? That's damn near plagiarism lol. Anyone played OUTLAST 2? I think the devs (subconsciously?) were heavily influenced by that game.

May 3, 2021, 08:22
Re: Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo and Timer Workaround Released May 3, 2021, 08:22
May 3, 2021, 08:22

Overon wrote on May 3, 2021, 03:59:
There is a better workaround it involves an external program that just constantly resets the time limit in real time, amongst a bunch of other cheats like god mode and infinite ammo etc. Of course you have to be fine with trusting it and the author that wrote it:
https://flingtrainer.com/trainer/resident-evil-village-trainer/

The time limit is stupid and now that it's so easily bypassed with this trainer, Capcom should just patch it out of the demo. But they won't.
Thanks.
I knew some good soul would make it easier to reset the timer.
Plus, I love FLiNG trainers.

May 3, 2021, 03:59
Re: Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo and Timer Workaround Released May 3, 2021, 03:59
May 3, 2021, 03:59

There is a better workaround it involves an external program that just constantly resets the time limit in real time, amongst a bunch of other cheats like god mode and infinite ammo etc. Of course you have to be fine with trusting it and the author that wrote it:
https://flingtrainer.com/trainer/resident-evil-village-trainer/

The time limit is stupid and now that it's so easily bypassed with this trainer, Capcom should just patch it out of the demo. But they won't.

May 2, 2021, 16:52
Re: Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo and Timer Workaround Released May 2, 2021, 16:52
May 2, 2021, 16:52

Way too much effort for a demo. Clearly Capcom has no interest in making actual sales with this sort of stupidity.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

May 2, 2021, 16:49
Re: Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo and Timer Workaround Released May 2, 2021, 16:49
May 2, 2021, 16:49

Meh, an hour long demo, with some annoying but doable workarounds. I am interested in the game, but I will most likely just skip the demo and wait for full release reviews.

May 2, 2021, 15:45
Cram

Re: Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo and Timer Workaround Released May 2, 2021, 15:45
May 2, 2021, 15:45
 Cram

Generally enjoyed the demo. Seeing lots of good things here.

Couple things on the bad side, the game desperately needs an FOV slider. I've read it's locked at 81 in the demo, people believe the full version will include an FOV slider like RE7 did. There are fps stutter issues when an enemy melees you, most noticeably with the daughters in the castle. It appears everyone is having that issue despite PC configuration. Hope that's resolved in the full version. Also, interacting with the games menu is painful. Lots of minor annoyances, one right off the bat is you have to cycle through resolutions ONE by ONE and it actually forces you to change to that resolution. So I had to change resolutions about 6 times to get to 1440p (game was defaulted to 1080p) as it cycled through all the resolutions in between. What year is it?

Some tips: actually use the games brightness setting configuration like the game instructs you too. Additional mouse sensitivity settings are there, it's not just the one setting that caps at "9", there are two others that actually effect aiming and camera movement.

May 2, 2021, 15:33
Re: Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo and Timer Workaround Released May 2, 2021, 15:33
May 2, 2021, 15:33

Thanks for the tip. I'm having a problem with Halo Master Chief Collection auto logging me into a locked xbox account and I don't have a mobile phone to accept a text that msoft requires to unlock it. I'll try deleting those local save files and see if it helps.
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older