3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Sunday Metaverse
May 3, 2021, 12:26
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 3, 2021, 12:26
May 3, 2021, 12:26

Simon Says wrote on May 3, 2021, 11:23:
Reading news nowadays is getting tedious... You find a good article, oops, it's one of those fortune/wired/whatever with paywalls everywhere.
Yeah, it is definitely getting more and more pervasive. I finally acquiesced and signed up for a few -- got the NYT deal ($4 every 4 weeks), WaPo $29 for a year, and signed up for a $5 deal for a year of Wired. Although I almost regret the Wired deal because they are now spamming me to sign up after I did sign up. My local newspaper (in a town of 120k) wants $120 a year for their on-line subscription. Which boggles my mind. I'd love to know how many people actually pay for that. Although they do allow a limited number of free articles, I'm not sure how many and how or when it resets..
“Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -- Carl Sagan

May 3, 2021, 12:03
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 3, 2021, 12:03
May 3, 2021, 12:03

Simon Says wrote on May 3, 2021, 11:23:

Well, they really don't want me to read their article.

Not for free, at least.
Advertising doesn't pay for journalism. Especially when everyone is using ad-blockers. Especially when companies like Apple are putting a higher emphasis on privacy and tracking is either disappearing or altering, making individual ads less valuable.

May 3, 2021, 11:23
Re: Sunday Metaverse May 3, 2021, 11:23
May 3, 2021, 11:23

Reading news nowadays is getting tedious... You find a good article, oops, it's one of those fortune/wired/whatever with paywalls everywhere.

Outline, doesn't work.

Bitly + outline, doesn't work either.

Well, they really don't want me to read their article.

Starting to think Blue should stop linking them altogether if he ( and we happy few feeding him links ) can't find a non-paywall alternative.

I know it's a lot of work already for peanuts as ROI, I don't want to sound ungrateful. Sorry mate.
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older