Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans

This post on Reddit has details from Square Enix on plans for the first major patch for Outriders to address some of the game's problems. They say this is currently planned for deployment next week. Speaking of Outriders' launch woes, a separate post has details on an "Appreciation Package" that players who suffered through them will receive. Here's the plan:
After working on Outriders for more than five years, we were as disappointed as you that the launch weekend did not go as planned. We ran into connectivity issues, which we have explained in full here.

Throughout all of this we really appreciated all your messages of support and encouragement and they helped us power through and improve the situation.

We would like to thank each and every one of you. Beyond just saying it, however, we would like to confirm that we are working on a small "appreciation package" for our launch window players. We are still working through the exact details of it, but our intentions are as follows:

• All players who played between March 31st and April 11th (UTC timezones) are eligible
  • Any players outside the above window, but for whom we will have performed an automatic inventory wipe restoration are also eligible
  • Your highest leveled character will receive:
    • A level appropriate Legendary Weapon
    • A level appropriate amount of Titanium
    • The emote "Frustration", which is otherwise unobtainable at this moment in time. The irony here was not intentional but is fitting.

These are our intentions, but these details are subject to change based on what is technically feasible for us to do.

We are still determining when the appreciation package will be delivered.

View : : :
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans
Apr 10, 2021, 11:19
Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 10, 2021, 11:19
Apr 10, 2021, 11:19

Game is falling apart... I guess GaaS isn't the problem (even though I think always having to connect to company servers for product to run is absolutely GaaS and the one and only common thing amongst them all, but don't tell fanboys).

Apr 9, 2021, 17:28
Kxmode

Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 9, 2021, 17:28
Apr 9, 2021, 17:28
 Kxmode

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 9, 2021, 14:42:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 20:49:
Messages of support are fine and good, but this is a business, and people have paid good money to use a product. Imagine if you bought a Keurig and it didn't function when you got home, or you bought a car, and it had problems, or phone and the OS was buggy. No one would stand for any of these. They would take it back and get a refund. But somehow, this is different? No. It's not. For $60, people expect a video game product to meet minimum standards. For example, Day one standards include:

1. The product works.
2. You can connect to a server.
3. You can match-make.
4. You can check out your leaderboard stats.
5. The skills, gear, and items you use affect your character's performance.

These are not insane requests. These are what is expected of a $60 product.

Valve's refund policy is the worse part about this. Two hours. Can you imagine Target giving customers a two-hour refund period on a Keirug purchase or a Toyota dealership providing a two-hour refund period for a car? People would lose their minds. But somehow, it's okay for video game consumers? No, it's not!

Enough is enough. People Can Fly doesn't deserve "messages of support." They haven't earned it. They deserve scorn.

Target and Toyota dealerships remain responsible for the products they sell. Likewise, Valve is responsible for the products they sell on Steam that don't work. Anyone who bought the game should be entitled to a refund no matter how many hours they played.

IDK man, the last three cars i bought had radio's that randomly crash, and disconnecting from my phone. It's frustrating when you have to turn your car off, open and shut the door, then restart it to listen to the fucking radio. Also IOS and Android OS on my phones have been buggy AF for years now. Last I checked the only choice I had was to not buy new shit.

But you have more than two hours to get a refund on those products. That's the point of my comment. I take issue with Valve for their return policy. Compared to other retailers, Valve's return policy is weak. I was hoping Epic launched their store with a return policy greater than two hours. Had they offered that, I would have quickly switched to buying games from EGS. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to refund a game because I was wasting time trying to get a game to work. I never had a chance to play the game to know if I'd like it.
"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it is almost impossible to eradicate."

Apr 9, 2021, 14:42
Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 9, 2021, 14:42
Apr 9, 2021, 14:42

Kxmode wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 20:49:
Messages of support are fine and good, but this is a business, and people have paid good money to use a product. Imagine if you bought a Keurig and it didn't function when you got home, or you bought a car, and it had problems, or phone and the OS was buggy. No one would stand for any of these. They would take it back and get a refund. But somehow, this is different? No. It's not. For $60, people expect a video game product to meet minimum standards. For example, Day one standards include:

1. The product works.
3. You can match-make.

Valve's refund policy is the worse part about this. Two hours. Can you imagine Target giving customers a two-hour refund period on a Keirug purchase or a Toyota dealership providing a two-hour refund period for a car? People would lose their minds. But somehow, it's okay for video game consumers? No, it's not!

Enough is enough. People Can Fly doesn't deserve "messages of support." They haven't earned it. They deserve scorn.

Target and Toyota dealerships remain responsible for the products they sell. Likewise, Valve is responsible for the products they sell on Steam that don't work. Anyone who bought the game should be entitled to a refund no matter how many hours they played.

IDK man, the last three cars i bought had radio's that randomly crash, and disconnecting from my phone. It's frustrating when you have to turn your car off, open and shut the door, then restart it to listen to the fucking radio. Also IOS and Android OS on my phones have been buggy AF for years now. Last I checked the only choice I had was to not buy new shit.

But the game does crash, like 10 times already. There are a lot of bugs, but I also liked Fallout 76, Anthem, and CP2077. I also like this game. I think we are getting to critical about bugs in games. It's not like the 80's or 90's when games were like 64k or a few megabytes. now they are huge, massive endeavors with all kinds of complicated parts. obviously there will be more bugs then when I was playing zaxon on my C64.

Apr 9, 2021, 07:45
Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 9, 2021, 07:45
Apr 9, 2021, 07:45

I'm not that precious about all this shit. Weve had the live game thing going for a while now, I don't expect full functionality at launch. It's sad but it is what it is. Synthetic or even actual beta tests can never replicate the engineering issues behind a real launch (on gamepass no less! Fuck that! Too scary. Big respect fot rare with Sea of Theives thats insane that they pulled that off.)

I actually like the game, which has been flawless single player for me but don't see myself getting obsessed with it. Destiny has issues but it's strength in art and sound design, being first person perspective, gunplay and color pallet really put it on another level, though Outriders seems really strong in a lot of other ancillary ways I can't quite put my finger on. Good luck to them.

Apr 8, 2021, 22:37
Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 8, 2021, 22:37
Apr 8, 2021, 22:37

Rhett wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 19:40:
Yeah, the more I play the more things I find wrong with it.. It lacks polish in just about every area, unfortunately. I like the gist of it, but I don't know why people are gawking at it in amazement.

It really needs some serious polish. And audio leveling. Some things are extremely loud.

Because we've been around the block and we have typically almost double the experience in gaming then you're average "OMG LOOK AT THIS!" "younger" gamers.

Apr 8, 2021, 22:05
Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 8, 2021, 22:05
Apr 8, 2021, 22:05

Playing on series x. I have had zero issues.

Apr 8, 2021, 21:53
Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 8, 2021, 21:53
Apr 8, 2021, 21:53

Oh, I would have refunded it probably due to the stuttering I experienced, alone (but I fixed).. but I bought it through GMG unfortunately.

It is in barely acceptable condition, in my opinion (but entirely playable, and not necessarily broken) ... just lacking a big pass in quality of life and raw polish. People seem to believe PCF can pull it off, and I hope so, but it shouldn't launch like this either.

Apr 8, 2021, 20:54
Kxmode

Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 8, 2021, 20:54
Apr 8, 2021, 20:54
 Kxmode

Rhett wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 20:44:
PHJF wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 19:45:
Yeah, the more I play the more things I find wrong with it.. It lacks polish in just about every area, unfortunately. I like the gist of it, but I don't know why people are gawking at it in amazement.

It really needs some serious polish. And audio leveling. Some things are extremely loud.

A horrible dearth of new games would be my guess.

Indeed... At least Nioh 2 didn't disappoint!

That should be the exception and not the rule. People need to send a message to publishers and developers that if they keep doing this they will find themselves in a world of financial hurt. This nonsense isn't acceptable in any other product or industry and it shouldn't be commonplace in video games. Since 2010, this stuff as gone bat-nuts crazy. It needs to stop.
"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it is almost impossible to eradicate."

Apr 8, 2021, 20:49
Kxmode

Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 8, 2021, 20:49
Apr 8, 2021, 20:49
 Kxmode

1. The product works.
3. You can match-make.

Apr 8, 2021, 20:47
Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 8, 2021, 20:47
Apr 8, 2021, 20:47

Repeating mistakes the genre usually does. Bold move.

Apr 8, 2021, 20:44
Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 8, 2021, 20:44
Apr 8, 2021, 20:44

PHJF wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 19:45:

Indeed... At least Nioh 2 didn't disappoint!

Apr 8, 2021, 19:45
PHJF

Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 8, 2021, 19:45
Apr 8, 2021, 19:45
 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

Apr 8, 2021, 19:40
Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 8, 2021, 19:40
Apr 8, 2021, 19:40

Apr 8, 2021, 19:31
Re: Outriders Patch and Appreciation Pack Plans Apr 8, 2021, 19:31
Apr 8, 2021, 19:31

lol. I'll skip the appreciation packages and buy the games after they've been out for awhile and working as intended.
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older