Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release

Publisher Dear Villagers and developer Midgard Studio announce Edge of Eternity will graduate from Early Access on Steam on June 8th. This comes along with the news that the JRPG will come to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S in Q4 of this year. Word is: "In a world torn asunder, the people of Heryon pursue a desperate war against a mysterious invader. As this conflict opposing magic and technology grows to cataclysmic proportions, a new threat emerges from the battlefield. Wage epic turn-based battles as you follow Daryon and Selene in their quest to find a cure to the all-consuming Corrosion and save the world of Heryon." Here's a new Release Date Announcement Trailer and more:
About Edge Of Eternity:

• An enthralling JRPG adventure where your choices matter: Discover a grand tale of hope and sacrifice, filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments. Solve quests in multiple ways, make your own choices and face their consequences.
  • A gorgeous world to discover: Journey through Heryon’s unique and ethereal environments, and unearth its most ancient secrets.
  • A stunning soundtrack from the composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles: Heryon is brought to life by a sublime soundtrack from industry legend and composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles, Yasunori Mitsuda.
  • A Deep & Strategic Combat System: Outwit your enemies in epic turn-based tactical combat: use the environment to lure them into devious traps, outsmart and outflank them to inflict massive damage. Craft your gear and inset it with powerful crystals to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups.
  • A Cast of Charismatic Characters: Meet a cast of larger-than-life companions, each with their own unique personalities and attributes. Discover their dreams, flaws, hopes and torments as you experience and share many special moments together.
View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release
Apr 9, 2021, 20:22
Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 9, 2021, 20:22
Apr 9, 2021, 20:22

Kxmode wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 17:15:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 00:33:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 7, 2021, 21:28:
Not to go off-topic, but I enjoyed Edge of Tomorrow. I hope there's a sequel.
It's one of my favorite movies, but it's a pretty self-contained narrative. What would a sequel even look like? Maybe a prequel with the Angel of Verdun would be cool.

I wrote a comment for what I think a sequel could be back on February 26, 2017, "Cage gets the initial ability from an Alpha Mimic. Aware of this, the Omega launches an effort to end Cage's life to defeat humanity. Of course, once the Omega dies, its ability transfers to Cage. All the Mimics have died, so nothing is hunting him to take his ability. The sequel could explore what Omega's abilities passed to Cage. Perhaps less 'Edge of Tomorrow' and more 'Arrival.'" I also thought if Cage has children would he pass on his abilities since it's in the blood? Do they make him immortal? Would his offspring become a version of humanity that is immortal? Does this create conflict?
That sounds interesting to you and I, but I doubt Hollowood would go for it: no pew-pew.
COVID infections: 133M - - - COVID deaths: 3M - - - Death rate: 2%
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Apr 8, 2021, 22:21
Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 22:21
Apr 8, 2021, 22:21

WannaLogAlready wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 12:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 11:42:
WannaLogAlready wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 01:37:
Frijoles wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 01:21:
They let you rebind keys yet? They said a long time ago that they were going to add it to a future patch, but I never saw it. I've uninstalled it since it was collecting dust.

Hey man, try Glovepie, I use it all the time ...

Thanks I will check this out.

I have a Great American Hotkeys Script.

It starts up with the computer and I have one script that I use for all games, since you can assign a chunk of hotkey code to a specific game process. So when Skyrim is in focus do this... Destiny 2 in focus do that... when out of game it will then work normally. Not bad, but I could see an app with a nice interface being better.

That said Hotkey and possibly this to, has some crazy good options like in DDO if I click in a certain area, in this case playing a Cleric on the Player 1-6's health bar, it will know which player I clicked and automatically heal them. That is super sweet.

Destiny 2 doesn't allow load-outs, so I press a button and it goes into inventory and changes between two sets way faster than any human can do it, by going to position X-Y Click, next position X-Y click etc. It has crazy powerful commands.

You can also do one macro most don't have and it is cycling. Most are either option A or B, you can program it to cycle as deep as you want using variables, comes in handy as well, did that for Guild Wars 2.

Thanks HorrorScope !
I will check out Great American Hotkeys Script.
Very interested in macros (though a little wary too).

Now that script is just what I call my script, here is an example.... Hotkey scripts are just txt files you can edit but with an .ahk
(I use a Razer Hex and a Nostromo so many some things don't make sense)

The WinActive you put in the games class name and that script will only run when the game is running, it starts with { and end's with }.
So you could have 100's of games in here if you want, just section each off.
Skyrim is simply make this key do this instead, so I don't have to remap my mouse or nostromo.
Destiny gets deeper into things, based on a 1440P screen.
Small snip from GW for cycling.
Small snip from DDO, click certain space on screen - do this.

;**Skyrim & Enderal**
#IfWinActive ahk_class Skyrim Special Edition
{
;remap these keys
Numpad0::q
NumpadDot::e
q::6
e::7
MButton::8
WheelUp::9
WheelDown::0
}

;**DESTINY 2**
#IfWinActive ahk_class Tiger D3D Window
{
;For Destiny 2 swapping weapons
;This one moves the mouse to a certain position and presses LMB
MButton::
Send {I}
Sleep 1500
MouseMove,701,525
Sleep 200
MouseMove,552,525
Send {LButton}
Sleep 1
MouseMove,701,691
Sleep 150
MouseMove,552,691
Send {LButton}
Sleep 1
MouseMove,701,525
Sleep 150
MouseMove,552,525
Send {LButton}
Sleep 1
MouseMove,701,855
Sleep 150
MouseMove,552,855
Send {LButton}
Sleep 1
Send {I}
return

;Get on your speed buggy
Alt::
Send {ALT}
;Sleep 250
Send {F}
return

;Attempt Finisher first, then punch
4::
Send {1}
Sleep 190
Send {4}
return
}

(Snip from GW2 for cycling)

;Guild Wars 2
#IfWinActive ahk_class ArenaNet_Dx_Window_Class

{

;Elemental Only, 1 key to cycle Elemental Schools

ele_state :=1

$F3::
if (ele_state == 1)
{
Send, {F3}
ele_state := 2
}

else if (ele_state == 2)
{
Send, {F4}
ele_state := 3
}

else if (ele_state == 3)
{
Send, {F5}
ele_state := 1

}
Return

(Snip from DDO click a position on the screen picks and heals that character, the position is the health bar of the character you want to heal)

CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
$LButton::
MouseGetPos xVal,yVal

;***Heal Spell***
;---Nameplate LClick---
;Player 1 Main Section
If (425<xVal) and (xVal<520) and (730<yVal) and (yVal<755)
{
Send {a}
Send {2}
}
Else
;Player 2 Main Section
If (425<xVal) and (xVal<520) and (765<yVal) and (yVal<790)
{
Send {b}
Send {2}
}
Else
;Player 3 Main Section
If (425<xVal) and (xVal<520) and (800<yVal) and (yVal<825)
{
Send {c}
Send {2}
}
Else
;Player 4 Main Section
If (425<xVal) and (xVal<520) and (835<yVal) and (yVal<860)
{
Send {d}
Send {2}
}
Else
;Player 5 Main Section
If (425<xVal) and (xVal<520) and (870<yVal) and (yVal<895)
{
Send {e}
Send {2}
}
Else
;Player 6 Main Section
If (425<xVal) and (xVal<520) and (905<yVal) and (yVal<930)
{
Send {f}
Send {2}
}
Else

Apr 8, 2021, 17:15
Kxmode

Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 17:15
Apr 8, 2021, 17:15
 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 00:33:
It's one of my favorite movies, but it's a pretty self-contained narrative. What would a sequel even look like? Maybe a prequel with the Angel of Verdun would be cool.

I wrote a comment for what I think a sequel could be back on February 26, 2017, "Cage gets the initial ability from an Alpha Mimic. Aware of this, the Omega launches an effort to end Cage's life to defeat humanity. Of course, once the Omega dies, its ability transfers to Cage. All the Mimics have died, so nothing is hunting him to take his ability. The sequel could explore what Omega's abilities passed to Cage. Perhaps less 'Edge of Tomorrow' and more 'Arrival.'" I also thought if Cage has children would he pass on his abilities since it's in the blood? Do they make him immortal? Would his offspring become a version of humanity that is immortal? Does this create conflict?
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Apr 8, 2021, 12:44
Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 12:44
Apr 8, 2021, 12:44

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 11:42:
They let you rebind keys yet? They said a long time ago that they were going to add it to a future patch, but I never saw it. I've uninstalled it since it was collecting dust.

Hey man, try Glovepie, I use it all the time ...

It starts up with the computer and I have one script that I use for all games, since you can assign a chunk of hotkey code to a specific game process. So when Skyrim is in focus do this... Destiny 2 in focus do that... when out of game it will then work normally. Not bad, but I could see an app with a nice interface being better.

That said Hotkey and possibly this to, has some crazy good options like in DDO if I click in a certain area, in this case playing a Cleric on the Player 1-6's health bar, it will know which player I clicked and automatically heal them. That is super sweet.

Destiny 2 doesn't allow load-outs, so I press a button and it goes into inventory and changes between two sets way faster than any human can do it, by going to position X-Y Click, next position X-Y click etc. It has crazy powerful commands.

You can also do one macro most don't have and it is cycling. Most are either option A or B, you can program it to cycle as deep as you want using variables, comes in handy as well, did that for Guild Wars 2.

Thanks HorrorScope !
I will check out Great American Hotkeys Script.
Very interested in macros (though a little wary too).

Apr 8, 2021, 12:16
Jim
Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 12:16
Apr 8, 2021, 12:16
Jim

I was going to buy it... then I saw I already own it. So I guess I'll finally get to play it in a couple of months

Apr 8, 2021, 11:44
Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 11:44
Apr 8, 2021, 11:44

Jonjonz wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 06:38:
Aarklash Legacy, that game with the itsy bitsy tiny unreadable text and zero documentation provided, I never got past that. How do I play this, bring up help/tool tips, too small can't read, no way to change font size, duh. How too throw away the hours of other design that went into this game. Did the devs for this only have 640x480 monitors?

The game is right up my alley but it was poorly designed in many ways that only got me so far, I think there was a demo or something like that and that was enough.

Apr 8, 2021, 11:42
Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 11:42
Apr 8, 2021, 11:42

Hey man, try Glovepie, I use it all the time.
It's free, clean, and very light, doesn't need setup/installing.

Allows you to assign keys, and even mouse buttons not already in use by the game.
But also you can make 2 or more keys function at the same time.
(Walking makes you also dash, etc etc.)
I've completed many a game otherwise unplayable.
It has a GUI to easily do what you want.

This, though, is more for the experienced user:
Assign mouse look, or mouse turn, to games that don't have it.
Just paste the commands you need, you can use *any* key.
Key.Left = delta(Mouse.DirectInputX) < -1 in mickeys
Key.Right = delta(Mouse.DirectInputX) > 1 in mickeys
Key.up = delta(Mouse.DirectInputY) < -1 in mickeys
Key.down = delta(Mouse.DirectInputY) > 1 in mickeys

Put a "// " to transforms any line to commentary, without effect, for easy experimenting.

Apr 8, 2021, 06:38
Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 06:38
Apr 8, 2021, 06:38

Aarklash Legacy, that game with the itsy bitsy tiny unreadable text and zero documentation provided, I never got past that. How do I play this, bring up help/tool tips, too small can't read, no way to change font size, duh. How too throw away the hours of other design that went into this game. Did the devs for this only have 640x480 monitors?
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Apr 8, 2021, 02:33
Nucas

Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 02:33
Apr 8, 2021, 02:33
 Nucas

WannaLogAlready wrote on Apr 8, 2021, 01:28:
Talking of french game studios : Spiders (spidersgames), I love them.

- Greedfall, their most successful game yet
- Mars Wars Logs
- Bound by Flame, not well received but I enjoyed it very much
- Of Orcs and Men, 1st appearence of Styx as sidekick of the hero orc.
(made with Cyanide, another french studio I love, makers of other 2 Styx starred games, Game of Thrones RPG, Aarklash Legacy, etc, etc)
- Also have TechnoMage, and Faery Legends of Avalon, but didn't play them yet.

So many of the games I liked the most are European made.
And many of them are mostly unknown to the USA public.

i think they got on people's radars with greedfall, it sold over a million units.

i'm really looking forward to steelrising, the quality of their games has been steadily trending up. i hope they return to the unremittingly bleak settings that i loved in war logs and bound by flame, though. greedfall was unusually not-overtly-depressing.

Apr 8, 2021, 01:37
Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 01:37
Apr 8, 2021, 01:37

Hey man, try Glovepie, I use it all the time.
It's free, clean, and very light, doesn't need setup/installing.

Allows you to assign keys, and even mouse buttons not already in use by the game.
But also you can make 2 or more keys function at the same time.
(Walking makes you also dash, etc etc.)
I've completed many a game otherwise unplayable.
It has a GUI to easily do what you want.

This, though, is more for the experienced user:
Assign mouse look, or mouse turn, to games that don't have it.
Just paste the commands you need, you can use *any* key.
Key.Left = delta(Mouse.DirectInputX) < -1 in mickeys
Key.Right = delta(Mouse.DirectInputX) > 1 in mickeys
Key.up = delta(Mouse.DirectInputY) < -1 in mickeys
Key.down = delta(Mouse.DirectInputY) > 1 in mickeys

Put a "// " to transforms any line to commentary, without effect, for easy experimenting.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2021, 02:05.

Apr 8, 2021, 01:28
Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 01:28
Apr 8, 2021, 01:28

Talking of french game studios : Spiders (spidersgames), I love them.

- Greedfall, their most successful game yet
- Mars Wars Logs
- Bound by Flame, not well received but I enjoyed it very much
- Of Orcs and Men, 1st appearence of Styx as sidekick of the hero orc.
(made with Cyanide, another french studio I love, makers of other 2 Styx starred games, Game of Thrones RPG, Aarklash Legacy, etc, etc)
- Also have TechnoMage, and Faery Legends of Avalon, but didn't play them yet.

So many of the games I liked the most are European made.
And many of them are mostly unknown to the USA public.

Apr 8, 2021, 01:21
Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 01:21
Apr 8, 2021, 01:21

Apr 8, 2021, 00:40
Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 00:40
Apr 8, 2021, 00:40

I wonder if it will have a Japanese voice track. Midgar is a French studio.
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Apr 8, 2021, 00:33
Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 00:33
Apr 8, 2021, 00:33

Your choice is clear.

Apr 8, 2021, 00:07
Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 8, 2021, 00:07
Apr 8, 2021, 00:07

As I posted in Out of the Blue, got this, 33% off for a time on Steam .
Has a "very positive rating", the consensus is that the devs are truly dedicated -polishing now till june 8th-, and the game is gorgeous.

Apr 7, 2021, 21:28
Kxmode

Re: Edge of Eternity Edges Toward Full Release Apr 7, 2021, 21:28
Apr 7, 2021, 21:28
 Kxmode

"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older