Punk Wars Announced

Developer Strategy Forge and publisher Jujubee announce Punk Wars, a post-apocalyptic, single-player, "combat-heavy" 4X strategy game based on conflicts between corporations, rather than nations. In this you'll take charge of either the Steampunk, Dieselpunk, Atompunk, or Steelpunk factions to attempt to dominate the other three. This will come to Steam later this year. Here are some Johnny Rotten-free details:
The world of Punk Wars is a tough one to live in. Struck by a global cataclysm, our civilization as we know it has vanished from the face of the Earth. However, humankind did not give up and soon we managed to find our way back to technological advancement. Four new powers emerged, each faction basing their society on a different branch of industrial science, with a different set of unique skills and expressing irreconcilable cultural and philosophical differences.... And so, steampunk, atompunk, dieselpunk and steelpunk started to clash, fighting for dominance on the ruins of a once magnificent megacity.

As you enter the world of Punk Wars, you become the powerful leader of the mesianic steampunk, tenebrous dieselpunk, militaristic steelpunk or technocratic atompunk; explore the ruins of a bygone civilization, where resources are scarce and the dangers way too common. Develop your infrastructure and technology that will secure your triumph. Create a winning strategy and a playstyle for each faction, utilising their distinctive skills and units.

In Punk Wars you will:

• Take control of one of the four powerful corporations - Steampunk, Dieselpunk, Atompunk or Steelpunk - and use its unique skillset to lead it to glory.
  • Explore the mysteries of a ruined, post-apocalyptic megacity.
  • Level up your units and engage in battles that will challenge your tactical sense.
  • Grow your scientific, industrial and military infrastructure, creating advanced supply chains.
  • Seek, garner and wisely use scarce resources.
  • Unite humanity and lead it to the new era of peace and prosperity!

View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Punk Wars Announced
Apr 7, 2021, 21:59
Re: Punk Wars Announced Apr 7, 2021, 21:59
Apr 7, 2021, 21:59

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 7, 2021, 21:14:
Interstate '76 was one of those defining moments in gaming for me; it was great, and so different from anything I had played up until then.

I think it's locked in licensing hell though, never to be seen again.

Yeah, that's what I've heard over the years. It's really a damn shame because doing something on that vibe with today's tech would be awesome all over again.
Such an incredible game for it's time. Someone should at least try a knock off. And that soundtrack still kicks ass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayO7P3-uCRk&list=PL_txsRvghL9nrVS_y9uby7EiHA1CtzjLc

Apr 7, 2021, 21:14
Re: Punk Wars Announced Apr 7, 2021, 21:14
Apr 7, 2021, 21:14

Interstate '76 was one of those defining moments in gaming for me; it was great, and so different from anything I had played up until then.

I think it's locked in licensing hell though, never to be seen again.

Apr 7, 2021, 17:01
Re: Punk Wars Announced Apr 7, 2021, 17:01
Apr 7, 2021, 17:01

I really hope someone can snatch up the rights for Interstate '76 and do a remake. That and No One Lives Forever are my top for remakes (and maybe Ultima 6).

Apr 7, 2021, 14:25
Re: Punk Wars Announced Apr 7, 2021, 14:25
Apr 7, 2021, 14:25

Was hoping a mix of Mad Max and Interstate 76

Apr 7, 2021, 13:35
Re: Punk Wars Announced Apr 7, 2021, 13:35
Apr 7, 2021, 13:35

Will there be pogo battles?

Apr 7, 2021, 13:03
Re: Punk Wars Announced Apr 7, 2021, 13:03
Apr 7, 2021, 13:03

Color me curious at this point.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Apr 7, 2021, 12:27
El Pit

Re: Punk Wars Announced Apr 7, 2021, 12:27
Apr 7, 2021, 12:27
 El Pit

There are steampunks, but will there be dieselmods, too? Or fashionyuppies?
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older