Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details

A post on the EA Website offers all sorts of details on what sort of enhancements to expect in Mass Effect Legendary Edition, the upcoming remake of BioWare's space opera trilogy. Topics include combat tuning, gameplay improvements, the Mako, unifying and modernizing the trilogy, and Galaxy at War rebalancing. Here's the intro:
Ever since we announced Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition on N7 Day and revealed a first look at it earlier this year, your passion and excitement have blown us away. Today, we’d like to give you more details on what you can expect to see in this remaster. You’ll find the latest information on the Legendary Edition, from gameplay tuning to rebalancing and more. Next week, we’ll provide an additional look at the remastering process with a strong focus on the visual changes across the trilogy.
View : : :
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details
Apr 9, 2021, 21:44
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 9, 2021, 21:44
Apr 9, 2021, 21:44

SlimRam wrote on Apr 7, 2021, 01:26:

I'm not sure I'm reading this right but you didn't need to have played a third time to have a paragon save to play in Mass Effect 2? Each playthrough was it's own save. You could have just used your first playthrough save if I'm understanding you correctly?

Just saw this... Not sure if you'll see, but figured I'd reply anyway. In your first playthrough, you could only get to level 50. In order to get to level 60, which imparts better starting stats/money in ME2, you had to play through twice. So if I wanted a max level/stat import, I had to import a second playthrough character. Which meant doing EVERYTHING again, if I wanted all my choices to import. I did just read that the legendary edition allows you to get to level 60 in one playthrough though, so no need to play the first game twice.

Apr 7, 2021, 17:27
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 7, 2021, 17:27
Apr 7, 2021, 17:27

Beamer wrote on Apr 7, 2021, 09:09:
I'd question, though, how rewatchable most shows like this are. Is Breaking Bad in syndication anywhere? Does anyone really rewatch it? It had a critically acclaimed spinoff, but I feel like it disappeared comparably to how Lost did. Maybe I'm out of touch, since I really have no clue what's in syndication.

I almost never rewatch TV shows, but it's funny you used those two as examples, because I rewatched both of those while waiting for their final seasons..

Though that doesn't really fit your topic since you're wondering about shows that had disliked endings and I hadn't seen the endings yet.

I'm sure there are tons of other shows I haven't seen that have terrible endings but of the famous ones I have seen...
I have no problem with the endings of Sopranos, Lost, Breaking Bad, or Game of Thrones.
Thought they were all just fine. Actually I'd say Sopranos and Breaking Bad had great endings.

Apr 7, 2021, 13:51
Verno

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 7, 2021, 13:51
Apr 7, 2021, 13:51
 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Apr 7, 2021, 00:28:
According to this video they used AI to upscale the textures to 4K. For a $59.99 price tag, Bioware couldn't be bothered with recreating them in 4K. You know: painstaking giving every texture the love and attention it needed. No, they went the lazy route.

I don't really agree with your conclusion here, the textures in the first game are actually ideal for AI enhancement as the game is filled with repetitive and simplistic texture designs. All they really need is someone to supervise the output.

Anyways shame you guys will be missing out but I'll be happy revisiting the Mass Effect universe, warts and all.
Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Ys IX, God of War
Watching: Lupin, You me and the Apocalypse, Days of Thunder

Apr 7, 2021, 10:23
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 7, 2021, 10:23
Apr 7, 2021, 10:23

MacLeod wrote on Apr 6, 2021, 22:58:
The one thing they didn't mention is if they were changing the way the importing your character from ME1 to ME2 worked. The only way to import a maximized stat character into ME2 was actually to play through ME1 a second time with the same character. It would be odd to force that when you're releasing the entire thing in a combined edition.

*side note: I actually played through ME1 3 times completely, because I played through my first playthrough as a paragon, then did renegade because I wanted to hear all that dialog, then realized that if I wanted to export my character to ME2 the way I wanted him, as a Paragon, I needed to play through again to reset him to that. I mean, the third playthrough at max level was insanely fast, but still, felt pretty dumb for not having the foresight to play renegade first then paragon.
Yeah, that Savegame site has a lot of choices too, iirc. The second option is there's actually a Savegame Editor called Gibbed (iirc) so you can use it from scratch or with the Savegame site.
‘What is this bullshit that you people are doing?’
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Apr 7, 2021, 09:44
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 7, 2021, 09:44
Apr 7, 2021, 09:44

SlimRam wrote on Apr 7, 2021, 01:26:
The one thing they didn't mention is if they were changing the way the importing your character from ME1 to ME2 worked. The only way to import a maximized stat character into ME2 was actually to play through ME1 a second time with the same character. It would be odd to force that when you're releasing the entire thing in a combined edition.

*side note: I actually played through ME1 3 times completely, because I played through my first playthrough as a paragon, then did renegade because I wanted to hear all that dialog, then realized that if I wanted to export my character to ME2 the way I wanted him, as a Paragon, I needed to play through again to reset him to that. I mean, the third playthrough at max level was insanely fast, but still, felt pretty dumb for not having the foresight to play renegade first then paragon.
I'm not sure I'm reading this right but you didn't need to have played a third time to have a paragon save to play in Mass Effect 2? Each playthrough was it's own save. You could have just used your first playthrough save if I'm understanding you correctly?

If I remember correctly I used something like http://www.masseffectsaves.com/ to get a decent character for my me-2 playthrough.
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Apr 7, 2021, 09:31
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 7, 2021, 09:31
Apr 7, 2021, 09:31

I'd question, though, how rewatchable most shows like this are. Is Breaking Bad in syndication anywhere? Does anyone really rewatch it? It had a critically acclaimed spinoff, but I feel like it disappeared comparably to how Lost did. Maybe I'm out of touch, since I really have no clue what's in syndication.
My wife and I re-watched Breaking Bad shortly before the more recent follow-up movie came out, and it was at least as good as the first time through. Though I'm also not aware of it's syndication status, we watched it on Netflix. With streaming services as prevalent as they are these days, I don't think broadcast syndication is as important as it used to be back when Lost was popular.

One show that was constantly accused of screwing the final that I disagree with is How I Met Your Mother. The final season was reviled, but I watched the show start to finish 3 or 4 years ago, and would honestly say that the writing of the final season feels so much closer to the first few seasons than the other later seasons did, as most of them turned the characters into cartoons, as most sitcoms do.
The general writing of the final season may not have suffered quite like some other shows after making it that far, but I think the issue most people had with How I Met Your Mother was the bait and switch of who the mother was, or how it was presented. I didn't particularly care for it either, though I'll be honest, I can't 100% remember the details of the controversy. Sitcoms don't hold the same weight with me as most other genres.

Apr 7, 2021, 09:09
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 7, 2021, 09:09
Apr 7, 2021, 09:09

Nullity wrote on Apr 7, 2021, 09:00:
Quinn wrote on Apr 7, 2021, 05:22:
Remember though, that all your efforts are for nothing. They'll find the catalyst and find a replacement commander to get those resources if you retire or die. It's not like Commander Shepard was the one unique variant during this galactic cycle that unified the entire galaxy to fight off the Reapers.

The ending. Such bullcrap. If they had changed the ending with this legendary edition, it would have been the best remaster ever and would title 2021 as my best gaming year ever.... T_T
This. I'm kinda looking forward to replaying through the original trilogy, since I loved (most of) it and the story was epic. But the thought of suffering through that terrible ending again is making me question whether I should. Same reason why I'll never watch (mostly) good shows like Lost or Game of Thrones again. A bad ending can literally ruin the entire thing, even if the rest was enjoyable.

Funny, was literally having a conversation about shows that killed their goodwill in the final season or two, and those are the biggest offenders. Not that they're the only ones - most sitcoms suck towards the end (King of the Hill was pretty bad for at least 2 or 3 seasons, Simpsons has been unwatchable for something like 20), but they generally stay rewatchable.

One show that was constantly accused of screwing the final that I disagree with is How I Met Your Mother. The final season was reviled, but I watched the show start to finish 3 or 4 years ago, and would honestly say that the writing of the final season feels so much closer to the first few seasons than the other later seasons did, as most of them turned the characters into cartoons, as most sitcoms do.

Apr 7, 2021, 09:00
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 7, 2021, 09:00
Apr 7, 2021, 09:00

Quinn wrote on Apr 7, 2021, 05:22:
Remember though, that all your efforts are for nothing. They'll find the catalyst and find a replacement commander to get those resources if you retire or die. It's not like Commander Shepard was the one unique variant during this galactic cycle that unified the entire galaxy to fight off the Reapers.

The ending. Such bullcrap. If they had changed the ending with this legendary edition, it would have been the best remaster ever and would title 2021 as my best gaming year ever.... T_T
This. I'm kinda looking forward to replaying through the original trilogy, since I loved (most of) it and the story was epic. But the thought of suffering through that terrible ending again is making me question whether I should. Same reason why I'll never watch (mostly) good shows like Lost or Game of Thrones again. A bad ending can literally ruin the entire thing, even if the rest was enjoyable.

Apr 7, 2021, 05:22
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 7, 2021, 05:22
Apr 7, 2021, 05:22

Verno wrote on Apr 6, 2021, 19:27:
There's actually a ton of info in there and the rebalancing stuff in the first game sounds very significant. Very excited to play the first again with a lot of its warts removed.

Apr 7, 2021, 01:43
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 7, 2021, 01:43
Apr 7, 2021, 01:43

Kxmode wrote on Apr 7, 2021, 00:28:
Simon Says wrote on Apr 6, 2021, 23:23:

Very skeptical about this, I fear it'll most likely look same'ish or worse than the originals with graphics mods, HD texture packs and additional injected shader effects.

Looking forward to the modded vs remaster comparisons.

According to this video they used AI to upscale the textures to 4K. For a $59.99 price tag, Bioware couldn't be bothered with recreating them in 4K. You know: painstaking giving every texture the love and attention it needed. No, they went the lazy route.
$uch a $trange deci$ion to u$e AI $caling. What in$pired $uch a choi$e?
COVID infections: 133M - - - COVID deaths: 3M - - - Death rate: 2%
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Apr 7, 2021, 01:26
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 7, 2021, 01:26
Apr 7, 2021, 01:26

Apr 7, 2021, 00:28
Kxmode

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 7, 2021, 00:28
Apr 7, 2021, 00:28
 Kxmode

Simon Says wrote on Apr 6, 2021, 23:23:

Very skeptical about this, I fear it'll most likely look same'ish or worse than the originals with graphics mods, HD texture packs and additional injected shader effects.

"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Apr 7, 2021, 00:05
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 7, 2021, 00:05
Apr 7, 2021, 00:05

I am guardedly excited. Will try it out again remastered; it's been a long time since I played the first one.

Apr 6, 2021, 23:23
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 6, 2021, 23:23
Apr 6, 2021, 23:23

Apr 6, 2021, 22:58
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 6, 2021, 22:58
Apr 6, 2021, 22:58

Apr 6, 2021, 22:55
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 6, 2021, 22:55
Apr 6, 2021, 22:55

There's just no reason in the freaking world to trust ea. But if it turns out to be well done, good for them it will sell much better.
I just hope it's a 3rd party out of ea's purview. Personally I bet the kill any mods and break the console, minimum.
‘What is this bullshit that you people are doing?’
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably.
Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!
Ain't no tweetin, in jail jammies!

Apr 6, 2021, 22:40
Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 6, 2021, 22:40
Apr 6, 2021, 22:40

Well I don't know how they could make planet scanning anymore exciting than it is.
Wry
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Apr 6, 2021, 19:27
Verno

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 6, 2021, 19:27
Apr 6, 2021, 19:27
 Verno

There's actually a ton of info in there and the rebalancing stuff in the first game sounds very significant. Very excited to play the first again with a lot of its warts removed.
Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Ys IX, God of War
Watching: Lupin, You me and the Apocalypse, Days of Thunder

Apr 6, 2021, 19:15
Kxmode

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Details Apr 6, 2021, 19:15
Apr 6, 2021, 19:15
 Kxmode

"passion and excitement"
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older