Outriders Servers Still Struggling

A tweet from People Can Fly came around noon today acknowledging server instability continues to be a problem for Outriders. The a later tweet on the matter says progress is being made towards making the action/RPG fully operational again. But the latest from about a half hour ago is that the servers are still on the struggle bus:
We're aware that this restart was unsuccessful due to an issue with the implemented solution.

For full transparency, it may take up to an hour to resolve this, but we will keep you continually updated here.
View : : :
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling
Apr 3, 2021, 20:17
Slick

Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 3, 2021, 20:17
Apr 3, 2021, 20:17
 Slick

Krazy Kat wrote on Apr 3, 2021, 19:51:
Wow it gets worse.
You don't just need internet, it seems that you are always playing on their servers.
When the games dies, they will kill all the servers and you'll never be able to play again.
And you can't pause the game. Ever.

Please convince me that I should be playing right now, let alone worrying about the servers dying in 5 years.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Apr 3, 2021, 19:51
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 3, 2021, 19:51
Apr 3, 2021, 19:51

Wow it gets worse.
You don't just need internet, it seems that you are always playing on their servers.
When the games dies, they will kill all the servers and you'll never be able to play again.
And you can't pause the game. Ever.

Apr 3, 2021, 16:55
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 3, 2021, 16:55
Apr 3, 2021, 16:55

This is why games as a service can suck my ass. Give me good old internet hosting myself any day of the week rather then using this bullshit they are trying to force on everyone. For a game that's Coop, it makes absolutely no sense at all why they are going this route with their servers. Absolutely baffling!

And the anti cheat thing is a head scratcher too. SMH!!!!
Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Apr 3, 2021, 16:49
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 3, 2021, 16:49
Apr 3, 2021, 16:49

If it wasn't for Steam, that is for many devs kind of a curse in many ways, this release would've been on a Monday. Numbers would've steadily climbed toward the weekend which wouldve given them enough ability to monitor the servers and tweak where needed.

All these fucked up launches can partially be blamed on Steam's policies.

Apr 3, 2021, 15:58
Jim
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 3, 2021, 15:58
Apr 3, 2021, 15:58
Jim

Welcome to the wolcen launch
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older