Outriders Servers Still Struggling

A tweet from People Can Fly came around noon today acknowledging server instability continues to be a problem for Outriders. The a later tweet on the matter says progress is being made towards making the action/RPG fully operational again. But the latest from about a half hour ago is that the servers are still on the struggle bus:
We're aware that this restart was unsuccessful due to an issue with the implemented solution.

For full transparency, it may take up to an hour to resolve this, but we will keep you continually updated here.
View : : :
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling
Apr 4, 2021, 18:43
Kxmode

Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 18:43
Apr 4, 2021, 18:43
 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 4, 2021, 11:44:
https://youtu.be/aJX4ytfqw6k

I did not like ach tee tee pee es period forward-slash forward-slash you two period bee forward-slash aye jay ex four tee fuh queue weh six kay's language. Not one bit.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Apr 4, 2021, 18:40
Kxmode

Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 18:40
Apr 4, 2021, 18:40
 Kxmode

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 4, 2021, 10:24:
El Pit wrote on Apr 4, 2021, 05:14:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 4, 2021, 01:27:
Outageriders

Outragers?

Who made who? There in lies your answer.

They'll get it figured out. Good thing no one here pre-orders/buys day one.
In a month we'll know how good it holds up, lots look great early on.

Yay for day one beta testers!
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Apr 4, 2021, 11:50
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 11:50
Apr 4, 2021, 11:50

speedrun finish the main story in 3 days
Stop presuming you know my circumstances. I didn't speed run it, and it certainly didn't take three days.

And I wouldn't be damning the game if I'd liked the experience.

Apr 4, 2021, 11:44
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 11:44
Apr 4, 2021, 11:44

https://youtu.be/aJX4ytfqw6k
https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/outriders
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Apr 4, 2021, 11:37
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 11:37
Apr 4, 2021, 11:37

ninemil wrote on Apr 4, 2021, 11:01:
Did you play the game at all? You compare it with Destiny and Division, so I doubt it.
I downed Yagak ages ago, thank you.

Outriders needs at least another year in the oven, a huge overhaul of the Expedition system, some proper QA, and much, much better cosmetic options. And that would just about bring it up to it's potential, which says nothing for it's position relative to the (much better) genre options already out there.

Definitely not worth what Square are asking for it. Wait for the sales.

I had to look up wtf you meant with Yagak. Thanks for the spoiler btw.

Anyway, you liked Outriders enough to speedrun finish the main story in 3 days (aka "ages ago") and now you shit on it. So typical. Yet you say it like that gives your words any more credence.

Apr 4, 2021, 11:01
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 11:01
Apr 4, 2021, 11:01

Did you play the game at all? You compare it with Destiny and Division, so I doubt it.
I downed Yagak ages ago, thank you.

Outriders needs at least another year in the oven, a huge overhaul of the Expedition system, some proper QA, and much, much better cosmetic options. And that would just about bring it up to it's potential, which says nothing for it's position relative to the (much better) genre options already out there.

Definitely not worth what Square are asking for it. Wait for the sales.

Apr 4, 2021, 10:50
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 10:50
Apr 4, 2021, 10:50

The big problem I have with it, is that when it loses connection it completely throws you out of the game. You gotta go back and click through several screens to the login screen and then load your character again and it puts you back to your last auto save, which is usually one fight before you crashed. It SHOULD let you retry the connection a few times and let you continue your play after reconnect, without having to go back and reload everything. I think that is why people are so annoyed by the disconnect issues, it's not a minor annoyance, but a major game reset. I managed to get through the intro part, choose a class, and do a couple side quest fights before I just didn't care any more and uninstalled it. Glad they had a demo so I didn't pay for something that isn't fun for me.

Apr 4, 2021, 10:44
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 10:44
Apr 4, 2021, 10:44

ninemil wrote on Apr 4, 2021, 08:51:
Sure, these early server issues suck ass, but man... this is the best looter shooter in at least a decade
It really isn't. The game is a generic copy-pasta of ideas from the genre's founding titles - their aesthetics, gameplay loops, skills designs, etc - but fails to excel in any area beyond the offering found in the titles it takes from. This not-Warframe, not-Destiny, not-Division clone-a-thon learnt nothing from the launch failings of all of the above, and only has the lack of GaaS elements going for it.

Apr 4, 2021, 10:24
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 10:24
Apr 4, 2021, 10:24

El Pit wrote on Apr 4, 2021, 05:14:
Outageriders

Outragers?

Who made who? There in lies your answer.

They'll get it figured out. Good thing no one here pre-orders/buys day one.
In a month we'll know how good it holds up, lots look great early on.

Apr 4, 2021, 08:51
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 08:51
Apr 4, 2021, 08:51

Sure, these early server issues suck ass, but man... this is the best looter shooter in at least a decade
It really isn't. The game is a generic copy-pasta of ideas from the genre's founding titles - their aesthetics, gameplay loops, skills designs, etc - but fails to excel in any area beyond the offering found in the titles it takes from. This not-Warframe, not-Destiny, not-Division clone-a-thon learnt nothing from the launch failings of all of the above, and only has the lack of GaaS elements going for it.

Apr 4, 2021, 05:14
El Pit

Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 05:14
Apr 4, 2021, 05:14
 El Pit

Outageriders

Outragers?
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Apr 4, 2021, 04:00
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 04:00
Apr 4, 2021, 04:00

Jim wrote on Apr 4, 2021, 03:51:
Enjoying the game, but the disconnects are frustrating. still I don't hold it against the developers. PCF it seems like haven't done much for quite a few years. This would probably be something they can monetize to sustain the company and create an enduring franchise. When you compare against say anthem, well, there is no comparison. So there is a lot of demand for the product and server issues to be ironed out. I think both PCF and Square Enix may be new to the always online genre. Hopefully they can figure it out soon enough to not burn their reputation.

Couldn't agree more. This is the first time in a long time where it actually annoys me when people bash this game without having tried it themselves. Reviewers like Worth a Buy have been dead wrong in their reporting, calling it a cover shooter for example. I can't stress enough that myself and many many others who actually played the game ("the way it should be played") thoroughly love its gameplay and its story/atmosphere. There is something here the gaming industry was sorely missing. It has the level of intense action that has me lie awake for hours when I try to sleep right after playing because my brain is still pumped with adrenaline. The game also looks gorgeous. I'm a broken record by now, especially here on Blues regarding Outriders, but I feel that this game needs its outspoken fans. Sure, these early server issues suck ass, but man... this is the best looter shooter in at least a decade. Or maybe just the best looter shooter period, I believe.

Apr 4, 2021, 03:51
Jim
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 03:51
Apr 4, 2021, 03:51
Jim

Enjoying the game, but the disconnects are frustrating. still I don't hold it against the developers. PCF it seems like haven't done much for quite a few years. This would probably be something they can monetize to sustain the company and create an enduring franchise. When you compare against say anthem, well, there is no comparison. So there is a lot of demand for the product and server issues to be ironed out. I think both PCF and Square Enix may be new to the always online genre. Hopefully they can figure it out soon enough to not burn their reputation.

Apr 4, 2021, 03:25
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 03:25
Apr 4, 2021, 03:25

Kxmode wrote on Apr 4, 2021, 01:31:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 3, 2021, 20:54:
Quinn wrote on Apr 3, 2021, 16:49:
If it wasn't for Steam, that is for many devs kind of a curse in many ways, this release would've been on a Monday. Numbers would've steadily climbed toward the weekend which wouldve given them enough ability to monitor the servers and tweak where needed.

All these fucked up launches can partially be blamed on Steam's policies.

Boy, there's reaching and then there's this. It's Steam's fault that SE didn't properly scale their servers for the release date they knew they were going to have? Give me a break

I agree. If a person establishes their business on the corner of State and Madison Streets, they shouldn't be shocked when the foot traffic is insane. These publishers need to account for three things: 1. Did they put their game on Steam? 2. How did they promote it (e.g., is there a big animated splash banner on Steam's homepage)? 3. Is this a multiplayer game? If the answer to all three is yes, BRING MORE SERVERS online.

This is why I deliberately said "partially". Go watch the vid of the guy from Eternal Crusade where he reveals Steam's red tape he had to deal with and got fined for doing so.

Apr 4, 2021, 01:31
Kxmode

Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 01:31
Apr 4, 2021, 01:31
 Kxmode

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 3, 2021, 20:54:
If it wasn't for Steam, that is for many devs kind of a curse in many ways, this release would've been on a Monday. Numbers would've steadily climbed toward the weekend which wouldve given them enough ability to monitor the servers and tweak where needed.

Boy, there's reaching and then there's this. It's Steam's fault that SE didn't properly scale their servers for the release date they knew they were going to have? Give me a break

I agree. If a person establishes their business on the corner of State and Madison Streets, they shouldn't be shocked when the foot traffic is insane. These publishers need to account for three things: 1. Did they put their game on Steam? 2. How did they promote it (e.g., is there a big animated splash banner on Steam's homepage)? 3. Is this a multiplayer game? If the answer to all three is yes, BRING MORE SERVERS online.

Apr 4, 2021, 01:27
Kxmode

Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 4, 2021, 01:27
Apr 4, 2021, 01:27
 Kxmode

Outageriders

Apr 3, 2021, 22:26
Prez

Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 3, 2021, 22:26
Apr 3, 2021, 22:26
 Prez

Well for one thing if it allowed local hosting no one would have to worry. Who knows? Might even be able to figure out if the game is any good then.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Apr 3, 2021, 21:33
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 3, 2021, 21:33
Apr 3, 2021, 21:33

Part of me is really curious as to what the backend looks like. I know they're not bare metal servers even though that is what most users think "servers" still are.

I'd guess a Kubernetes cluster and what they're having problems with is the HA clustering part. I can't imagine they are using VMs for what is essentially network traffic.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Apr 3, 2021, 20:54
Re: Outriders Servers Still Struggling Apr 3, 2021, 20:54

Parallax Abstraction
Podcast | YouTube | Twitch

removed
removed Apr 3, 2021, 20:54

* REMOVED *

This comment was deleted on Apr 3, 2021, 22:15. Reason: Personal attacks (rule 1)
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older