OUTRIDERS Out

OUTRIDERS is out for PC and consoles. The Windows edition of this action/RPG from People Can Fly and Square Enix is available on the Epic Games Store and Steam. The Official Launch Trailer takes a look, and you can still go hands on with the playable demo on Steam. This is what to expect:
OUTRIDERS is a hard-hitting RPG-Shooter set in an original dark sci-fi world. The last of Humanity slowly bleeds out in the trenches of the wild and unforgiving world of Enoch, and you awake as one of the last of the Outriders and an Altered, infused with incredible powers. Go on an epic journey across a hostile planet where everything has hyper-evolved to kill you. Choose from four different classes and use deep and flexible character customisation to build your own play style, collect twisted and beautiful guns and gear, and wield destructive and dominating powers. Stay aggressive, kill to heal and take the fight to your enemies in single player or with up to three players in co-op, as you explore the unknown across an epic story campaign.
View : : :
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: OUTRIDERS Out
Apr 12, 2021, 15:28
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 12, 2021, 15:28
Apr 12, 2021, 15:28

Quinn wrote on Apr 2, 2021, 21:24:
Servers were up and running flawlessly again for me around 23:00 CET. Had a crazy blast. There is handsdown no better, faster paced looter shooter out there. If anyone remembers what the combat in the multi-player of Mass Effect 2 and 3 felt like, then know that it's like that but upgraded. The Trickster is basically the Vanguard.

I haven't heard anyone make that comparison out there, which I find pretty crazy because it's so extremely similar. Instead, it has been wrongfully compared with The Division. It's nothing like that.

Ended up watching a bunch over the last few days. Game looks crazy good.. Have it on my wishlist and maybe remind me in a few months to get into it.

Apr 2, 2021, 22:53
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 22:53
Apr 2, 2021, 22:53

Quinn wrote on Apr 2, 2021, 16:33:

Indeed, the servers are down. The majority of players can't get in. This is unacceptable at this day and age if you ask me. Only my last sliver of patience and wisdom keep me from dropping a negative review like so many other players are in fact doing. A friend and myself have been looking forward to this game for quite a while and both being dads, we prepared our spouses that we would be offline for parent duty for a few days + weekend. So those spouse favors are chipped in, yet we're sitting on our asses looking at "Authenticating" and "Server Errors" and feeling completely miserable. WHYYYY is this release date server issue bullshit still happening? It's 20-fucking-21.
Oof, that's got to suck not only for you guys, but also for the developers who poured their souls into the game, only to be undone by the publisher skimping on infrastructure. Agreed, in 2021 I thought this kind of thing was a thing of the past. Cloud server scaling is a mature technology by now.
COVID infections: 133M - - - COVID deaths: 3M - - - Death rate: 2%
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Apr 2, 2021, 21:24
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 21:24
Apr 2, 2021, 21:24

Servers were up and running flawlessly again for me around 23:00 CET. Had a crazy blast. There is handsdown no better, faster paced looter shooter out there. If anyone remembers what the combat in the multi-player of Mass Effect 2 and 3 felt like, then know that it's like that but upgraded. The Trickster is basically the Vanguard.

I haven't heard anyone make that comparison out there, which I find pretty crazy because it's so extremely similar. Instead, it has been wrongfully compared with The Division. It's nothing like that.

Apr 2, 2021, 18:44
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 18:44
Apr 2, 2021, 18:44

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 2, 2021, 17:13:
Watched some of this last night With DatModz playing it.

The boss got stuck in a pillar and they had to slowly punch it to death. He was laughing how obsurd that is in 2021.

I agree.

anyways, the combat looks fun and fast paced but with obvious bugs. could be good in about 6 months.

Near perfect in 6 months, clean code... lower cost.

Apr 2, 2021, 17:13
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 17:13
Apr 2, 2021, 17:13

Watched some of this last night With DatModz playing it.

The boss got stuck in a pillar and they had to slowly punch it to death. He was laughing how obsurd that is in 2021.

I agree.

anyways, the combat looks fun and fast paced but with obvious bugs. could be good in about 6 months.

Apr 2, 2021, 16:33
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 16:33
Apr 2, 2021, 16:33

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 2, 2021, 16:21:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2021, 15:53:
Quinn wrote on Apr 1, 2021, 18:08:
007Bistromath wrote on Apr 1, 2021, 17:39:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2021, 16:48:
What's the game play here? FPS? It was hard to determine from the trailer.
cover shooter with loot treadmill that is tonally and thematically wrecked, skip it

Bullshit. 1.) It's not a cover shooter. The cover is made for the enemies more than the player. Cover is a last resort; a chance to take a breather on a chaotic battleground. In fact, fight from cover and you will die. You only regen health by killing enemies close range when you're the trickster, and the other classes have skills that have you want to be in the middle of the battle. Reviewers and ppl like you that say this is a cover shooter, are dead wrong.
2.) The loot is the best in any looter shooter in the last years, acknowledged by Youtubers with looter shooter creds like Echelon Gamer who has 2000+ hours in Division and Division 2. The better loot in this game change the way your skills work or improve them. Pretty much like much Diablo 3 gear does or other ARPGs. That makes this game pretty unique among its kind. It's more than just stats improving, and more like your entire gameplay depending on the gear you wear.

I thoroughly recommend this game. I have a bone to pick with every jaded gamer out there that doesn't recognize the pearl this game is. It does something different without reinventing the wheel.
This is the best shooter in years.

Reviews on Steam are mixed, which is pretty unusual. What are your thoughts on why this is?

Servers, uptime for now.

Indeed, the servers are down. The majority of players can't get in. This is unacceptable at this day and age if you ask me. Only my last sliver of patience and wisdom keep me from dropping a negative review like so many other players are in fact doing. A friend and myself have been looking forward to this game for quite a while and both being dads, we prepared our spouses that we would be offline for parent duty for a few days + weekend. So those spouse favors are chipped in, yet we're sitting on our asses looking at "Authenticating" and "Server Errors" and feeling completely miserable. WHYYYY is this release date server issue bullshit still happening? It's 20-fucking-21.

Apr 2, 2021, 16:21
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 16:21
Apr 2, 2021, 16:21

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2021, 15:53:
cover shooter with loot treadmill that is tonally and thematically wrecked, skip it

Bullshit. 1.) It's not a cover shooter. The cover is made for the enemies more than the player. Cover is a last resort; a chance to take a breather on a chaotic battleground. In fact, fight from cover and you will die. You only regen health by killing enemies close range when you're the trickster, and the other classes have skills that have you want to be in the middle of the battle. Reviewers and ppl like you that say this is a cover shooter, are dead wrong.
2.) The loot is the best in any looter shooter in the last years, acknowledged by Youtubers with looter shooter creds like Echelon Gamer who has 2000+ hours in Division and Division 2. The better loot in this game change the way your skills work or improve them. Pretty much like much Diablo 3 gear does or other ARPGs. That makes this game pretty unique among its kind. It's more than just stats improving, and more like your entire gameplay depending on the gear you wear.

I thoroughly recommend this game. I have a bone to pick with every jaded gamer out there that doesn't recognize the pearl this game is. It does something different without reinventing the wheel.

Reviews on Steam are mixed, which is pretty unusual. What are your thoughts on why this is?

Servers, uptime for now.

Apr 2, 2021, 16:20
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 16:20
Apr 2, 2021, 16:20

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 2, 2021, 02:15:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 1, 2021, 20:08:
While #1 is correct (I can see how others see all the cover though and think what they do), no one can say what kind of legs this game has yet. SolidFPS was running end game content last night. But the point I'm getting at is, will people want to run all the characters? Will people want to run end game for a good while to make it feel worth their money? It all depends, most of the looter shooters are okay enough up until that point then sort of fall off. We'll see. Won't be long to know.

Unless it bombs to Avengers level, I'll play this on a bit of a sale or if it comes to PC Gamepass.

I really don't give a shit how quickly some no-lifers are able to rush through a game. Not after long since hearing "you can beat it in like 6/8/10 hours, waste of money lololol" umpteen times about titles I enjoyed for ten times as long because apparently I don't see it as a race or feel the childish need to win that competition against everyone else. Well, that and I actually like to explore these virtual worlds, find the side quests and secret locations without relying on a guide, etc.

Anyone streaming the game day one especially has extreme pressure to progress quickly because one of the best ways to get viewers is to show parts of the game that few, if any, others are showing yet... Speaking of which, loads of streamers had more than 24 hours' early access to this game, some even longer than that to play privately before broadcasting. So "last night" could be after anywhere from 20-40+ hours of playtime for that guy you named.

And besides, what 'endgame' is or means to your gameplay varies pretty wildly between genres or even individual games within them. I could name a whole bunch of action-RPGs where merely completing the story marks the true beginning of long-term, repeatable play.

SolidFPS went into that doing his first stream, he says looter shooters are his thing, he knew by demo and by others number crunching what to do. He said there will always be someone smarter, willing to work harder to do things another thinks isn't possible in any sector, I agree. The point it some people are just better at certain things. He doesn't care about story, he's for making the best character possible and really that is a very big part of a looter shooter, the story comes and goes the ability to get better remains constant.

So I get that and your point, I'm always at best average, so everything will take me a lot longer and I'll have a character 1/2 as good as the best, that is fine.

But even for me it comes down to end game be it ng+ or a good loop of some kind. If the drops are there and I feel improvement, I'll keep going. Too many games sort of fall off here and if you are not building on your character in a looter shooter many will check out fast it becomes boring most of the time. So endgame is important for some longevity, I don't think the story here is going to carry it as being, wow I just played through the story, amazing, I got my $60 worth, can't wait for a sequel. I think when people get through the story they will want more. We'll see.

Apr 2, 2021, 15:53
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 15:53
Apr 2, 2021, 15:53

COVID infections: 133M - - - COVID deaths: 3M - - - Death rate: 2%
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Apr 2, 2021, 15:50
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 15:50
Apr 2, 2021, 15:50

I'm not sure how anyone could take Mack's (Worth A Buy) reviews seriously. I'm too lazy to look it up (and I honestly don't want to give his videos anymore views) but I remember that there were two past reviews for PC games that he did where he was harping on and on about a specific combat or gameplay mechanics and it essentially boiled down to him either missing/skipping an obvious tutorial or him just being a bad gamer and using it as an excuse to berate the game. People pointed out what he did wrong in both videos and he never replied to them, fixed his reviews or gave the games another shot.

Then in later videos, he got the fucking dinner bell just to purposely be annoying when he was trying to make a stupid point. That's when I figured that I needed to avoid watching this guy's videos in the future or else I'd go broke from constantly putting my fist through my monitor.

Apr 2, 2021, 12:15
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 12:15
Apr 2, 2021, 12:15

Nullity wrote on Apr 2, 2021, 09:05:
Totally agree about the loot being pretty amazeballs. I already stumbled upon this really neat tactic to use a powerful incendiary ammo buff virtually forever. Instead of being on a timer like a lot of other games would do, the buff lasts for one magazine, until you reload or swap weapons. But I found a chest piece which mods one of my other abilities to restore 33% of my mag for every enemy it hits, which stacks nicely with some shoes which also mod it to hit an additional target (two instead of one). I'm currently intentionally using a weaker weapon just because it has a large mag, since most of the damage is based on my 'anomaly power,' i.e. skill damage. So everything is melting right now as long as I suppress that ingrained habit to reload after every encounter.
Thanks for the tip. I'm playing through with the Pyro also, and this sounds like a great build. I'll have to keep an eye out for that restore ammo mod, I don't think I've seen it yet.

I'm not too far into the game yet (just hit level 10), but my friends and I are thoroughly enjoying it.

I later realized that being able to constantly set everyone on fire also maximizes the effectiveness of Overheat, which usually does very little damage while interrupting everyone in a huge area around you, but if it can consume that DoT it becomes a major nuke. Seriously, the reach must be like 30m or so, 'cause I'll be in a mid-range firefight with a bunch of riflemen and all I need to do is tag them with the flame bullets, then press that button and BOOM.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 2, 2021, 11:00:
The Outriders demo made me really appreciate the excellent work that went into Division 2, especially Division 2's AI.

Maybe I'll check out Outriders again in a year or so, but pass for now. The mechanics need work, the maps need more..almost everything, I'm glad some of you guys are enjoying the loot because I found it pretty blah in the demo. There seems to be enough players though, that the developers won't just drop the game, and hopefully they work on it and improve it.

Good luck, but it made me reinstall Division 2.

I can see how you might get that impression from the small slice in the demo, but you may be confusing some enemy archetypes' simpler tactics with an overall lack of NPC intelligence. A diverse group of enemies is VERY effective at fucking your shit up. Riflemen and snipers keep their distance behind cover and flank to get a better angle when they need it, while the ones who charge straight at you are either the fast-moving melee type or heavily-armored juggernauts that don't need to hide to survive a long time. As a squishier offensive class playing solo, I have already had more shit-my-proverbial-pants moments in the first few hours of this game (post-demo) than I ever did in hundreds of hours of Division 2. These dudes are relentless, and you don't have the luxury of crouching in a corner and pressing a full-heal button; with only rare exception, if you aren't killing, you're dying.

Apr 2, 2021, 11:28
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 11:28
Apr 2, 2021, 11:28

Worth A Buy hammers this 3rd person cover shooter. From the keys that can't be remapped to the "Always On" internet connection requirement even for single player and crap voice acting.
pass
- I refer to it as BC, Before Corona, and AD, After Disaster. -

Apr 2, 2021, 11:00
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 11:00
Apr 2, 2021, 11:00

The Outriders demo made me really appreciate the excellent work that went into Division 2, especially Division 2's AI.

Maybe I'll check out Outriders again in a year or so, but pass for now. The mechanics need work, the maps need more..almost everything, I'm glad some of you guys are enjoying the loot because I found it pretty blah in the demo. There seems to be enough players though, that the developers won't just drop the game, and hopefully they work on it and improve it.

Good luck, but it made me reinstall Division 2.

Apr 2, 2021, 10:03
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 10:03
Apr 2, 2021, 10:03

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 2, 2021, 02:18:
I've seen Mack's review of the demo, and from what I've seen I'm not going near this.

Mack's review is a fucking abomination. One of his worst reviews in a very long time. I replied to his video, in fact:

I have two things to say to you, Mack: First, I think you'll change your mind regarding this game once you give the full release a proper chance. This is no cover-shooter, for example, yet you erred in thinking that it is. That cover? It isn't for you -- it's for the enemy. This game wants... no, needs you to get in the faces of enemies or your health won't regenerate. The only moments you duck for cover is when you're hurt bad and the battleground gets too crowded for you to survive on the offense.

But you should've known this before spewing this verdict, Mack. Which introduces my second point: I'm afraid you're making of yourself a meme -- the guy that slams his bells and complains about practically all AAA games. You'll keep a certain demographic of gamers as your loyal fans, but if you keep this up I'm afraid you'll lose subs/views. Maybe you're already seeing this happen, I don't know. I think you've changed, Mack. A year or maybe 2 ago, you were very critical and bell-slamming and I loved you for it, because there was nuance inside all of that; the complaining didn't have a deliberate feel to it.

I dunno... do with my words what you will. This is coming from a good place because you were my #1 channel I went to for my reviews not long ago. But then the praising of indies and raping of anything not indie became too common; too deliberate, feels like.
I want you to be my #1 channel again. Love ya.

Long story short, I was always a huge fan of Worth a Buy.. but he's becoming more and more of a bitter motherfucker and I think he should just stop touching AAA games altogether and go full indie. If I hear him complain one more time that "MY CONTROLS ARE TAKEN AWAY FROM ME *DING DING DING DING*" because of the cool cutscenes, I'm going nuts.

Long story shorter: Give the game another chance if you base your current opinion of it on Mack's review.

Apr 2, 2021, 09:05
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 09:05
Apr 2, 2021, 09:05

Totally agree about the loot being pretty amazeballs. I already stumbled upon this really neat tactic to use a powerful incendiary ammo buff virtually forever. Instead of being on a timer like a lot of other games would do, the buff lasts for one magazine, until you reload or swap weapons. But I found a chest piece which mods one of my other abilities to restore 33% of my mag for every enemy it hits, which stacks nicely with some shoes which also mod it to hit an additional target (two instead of one). I'm currently intentionally using a weaker weapon just because it has a large mag, since most of the damage is based on my 'anomaly power,' i.e. skill damage. So everything is melting right now as long as I suppress that ingrained habit to reload after every encounter.
Thanks for the tip. I'm playing through with the Pyro also, and this sounds like a great build. I'll have to keep an eye out for that restore ammo mod, I don't think I've seen it yet.

I'm not too far into the game yet (just hit level 10), but my friends and I are thoroughly enjoying it.

Apr 2, 2021, 02:18
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 02:18
Apr 2, 2021, 02:18

I've seen Mack's review of the demo, and from what I've seen I'm not going near this.

Apr 2, 2021, 02:15
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 2, 2021, 02:15
Apr 2, 2021, 02:15

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 1, 2021, 20:08:
While #1 is correct (I can see how others see all the cover though and think what they do), no one can say what kind of legs this game has yet. SolidFPS was running end game content last night. But the point I'm getting at is, will people want to run all the characters? Will people want to run end game for a good while to make it feel worth their money? It all depends, most of the looter shooters are okay enough up until that point then sort of fall off. We'll see. Won't be long to know.

Unless it bombs to Avengers level, I'll play this on a bit of a sale or if it comes to PC Gamepass.

I really don't give a shit how quickly some no-lifers are able to rush through a game. Not after long since hearing "you can beat it in like 6/8/10 hours, waste of money lololol" umpteen times about titles I enjoyed for ten times as long because apparently I don't see it as a race or feel the childish need to win that competition against everyone else. Well, that and I actually like to explore these virtual worlds, find the side quests and secret locations without relying on a guide, etc.

Anyone streaming the game day one especially has extreme pressure to progress quickly because one of the best ways to get viewers is to show parts of the game that few, if any, others are showing yet... Speaking of which, loads of streamers had more than 24 hours' early access to this game, some even longer than that to play privately before broadcasting. So "last night" could be after anywhere from 20-40+ hours of playtime for that guy you named.

And besides, what 'endgame' is or means to your gameplay varies pretty wildly between genres or even individual games within them. I could name a whole bunch of action-RPGs where merely completing the story marks the true beginning of long-term, repeatable play.

Apr 1, 2021, 20:08
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 1, 2021, 20:08
Apr 1, 2021, 20:08

Apr 1, 2021, 19:47
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 1, 2021, 19:47
Apr 1, 2021, 19:47

It's a third-person shooter, but there's a big emphasis on using powerful magic or tech abilities according to what class you choose, very much like Mass Effect.

Apr 1, 2021, 18:59
Re: OUTRIDERS Out Apr 1, 2021, 18:59
Apr 1, 2021, 18:59

Outride is a buggy mess compared to anthem or cyberpunk. I have no understanding how one game gets shit on while another one have every excuse in the world because it can run on low end systems.
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older