Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Aiko's Choice
is a standalone
expansion for Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
in the works at
Daedalic and Mimimi Games for release on PC later this year. Here's
a first trailer
revealing what this adds to the stealth tactics gameplay of
Shadow Tactics, which is not required. Here's the skinny:
Blades of the Shogun - Aiko´s Choice focuses on one of the main game's
protagonists: the kunoichi adept Aiko. She is a master of camouflage and
distracts enemies disguised as a Geisha. While Aiko was certain that she left
her old life behind, a new enemy deeply connected to Aiko's past reappears from
the shadows to challenge her. Together with her friends, a group of deadly
assassins, she sets out to hunt down the ghosts of her past.
In the style of the main game, you take control of a team of lethal specialists,
move in the shadows and sneak past dozens of enemies. Choose your approach
wisely when infiltrating hidden forest camps or lively Edo period towns. Set
traps, poison and distract your opponents – or avoid enemy contact altogether.
Carefully plan your every move and come up with your own ingenious tactics to
vanquish enemies and complete each of the challenging missions to uncover Aiko´s
- Return to the beautiful world of Shadow Tactics set in Japan, early Edo
- Rejoin your favorite characters for one final adventure set within the
story of the main game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.
- Experience a previously untold tale centered around the kunoichi adept
Aiko, who has to face a vicious enemy connected to her past.
- Explore three fully fledged main missions, located in brand-new
environments, and three shorter interlude missions.
The expansion includes all the features of the main game:
- Play a team of completely different characters with their own unique
- Synchronize your team's actions to strike down your enemies at once with
the "Shadow Mode" feature.
- Choose between non-lethal or deadly stealth attacks.
- Find dozens of ways to take out or sneak past your opponents the way you
- Choose from three difficulty levels to match your skill.