MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May

The MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Website announces the Epic Games Store exclusivity will end on May 27th for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, when the BattleTech mech game will come to GOG.COM and Steam as well as Xbox (thanks Gematsu). The new Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC is slated to launch at the same time. There's more in this announcement:
EG7 wants to inform its shareholders and other interested parties that the title MechWarrior 5 will be released on May 27, 2021 on Xbox Series S and X, Xbox One, GoG and Steam (PC).

The title is developed by Piranha Games, published by Sold Out and marketed by Petrol, all EG7 companies. The first major DLC for the game – “Heroes of the Innersphere” will also launch at the same time.

MechWarrior 5 is a futuristic combat shooter, where players take control of massive BattleMechs and wage war across hundreds of different worlds throughout the galaxy.

The title has already sold hundreds of thousands of copies and will now be available on more platforms and digital storefronts.

Comment from Robin Flodin, CEO of EG7:

"We are very excited to also be able to give Xbox and Steam players a good dose of MechWarrior fun. It is also great to be able to present yet another example of the EG7 companies working together to bring a world-class title to market."
View : : :
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May
Mar 23, 2021, 08:14
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 23, 2021, 08:14
Mar 23, 2021, 08:14

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 22, 2021, 21:28:
This game is my number one reason for hating Epic Game Store and exclusives. When they announced EGS exclusivity, the dev's said the money from Epic would go into making the game better. Game get's released, has about 5 pretty solid missions in set scene type missions with gameplay elements (repair bays and salvage crates)... looks good.... Then reality sets in. Repair Bays and Salvage Crates and never seen again, you have random tanks and aircraft popping in out of no where, and AI that makes a group of drunken toddlers look like Olympic Gymnast., and so much boring grinding, that by the time ya get to even the halfway point within the story ya just don't really care because it's become mundane.

Ditto. I was major pissed at the change to exclusive.

Then I read how the game truly turned out. So disappointing. Such opportunity lost. And the removal of VR is insulting!

I'm hoping more modders will now get involved from GoG and Steam and turn this game around to more of what it should of been.

I'm in no rush to purchase and will wait for a $10 price point as I don't see its play value more than that.

Mar 22, 2021, 23:34
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 22, 2021, 23:34
Mar 22, 2021, 23:34

I really wish this was something to get excited about, but PGI have shown time and time again that they're incompetent at making a MW experience worthy of the originals.

At this point, the only "new" "title" worth anything is Living Legends. Time to find a HOTAs dig up my old copies I guess.

Mar 22, 2021, 21:28
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 22, 2021, 21:28
Mar 22, 2021, 21:28

This game is my number one reason for hating Epic Game Store and exclusives. When they announced EGS exclusivity, the dev's said the money from Epic would go into making the game better. Game get's released, has about 5 pretty solid missions in set scene type missions with gameplay elements (repair bays and salvage crates)... looks good.... Then reality sets in. Repair Bays and Salvage Crates and never seen again, you have random tanks and aircraft popping in out of no where, and AI that makes a group of drunken toddlers look like Olympic Gymnast., and so much boring grinding, that by the time ya get to even the halfway point within the story ya just don't really care because it's become mundane.

Mar 22, 2021, 17:24
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 22, 2021, 17:24
Mar 22, 2021, 17:24

I knew these guys would fuck this up... I'll probably still end up buying and trying eventually.

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 16:37:
I'm perfectly fine with Piranha games using MWO profits to funnel into this game.

Most people wanted a single player Mechwarrior game.

But, I don't think Piranha is good enough to program decent AI into the game. So I think this will kind of suck. Not that the old games had great AI or anything, but we should have better.

This could be a crazy good game if they get AI good so even with 2-4 people Co-Op Lance it would be hard.

Mar 22, 2021, 14:01
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 22, 2021, 14:01
Mar 22, 2021, 14:01

bjack wrote on Mar 21, 2021, 22:52:
Looking forward to a year from now when I might actually buy this on a Steam sale. Maybe by then the modding community will have worked up a nice bit of magic.

Yeah, definately a wait and see especially since its been over a year now already. I know there are some decent mods out for it but I want to see how well its supported on Steam and GoG for multiplayer.

Mar 22, 2021, 11:54
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 22, 2021, 11:54
Mar 22, 2021, 11:54

Errr...yay? Rolleyes2

Mar 22, 2021, 07:28
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 22, 2021, 07:28
Mar 22, 2021, 07:28

Theres really no campaign to speak of, just a LOT of procedurally drawn maps with about 5 custom hand made ones to try and give the "story" some kind of context. The are only a handful of mechs, the rest are just variations on a base model.

The entire game shows a laziness and burnout on Pirhanas part. A lack of proper funding didnt help either. They lost any love of the IP by doing MWO and driving it into the ground.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

Mar 22, 2021, 06:37
Rilcon

Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 22, 2021, 06:37
Mar 22, 2021, 06:37
 Rilcon

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 22, 2021, 06:19:
Dirwulf wrote on Mar 21, 2021, 23:02:
Looking forward to a year from now when I might actually buy this on a Steam sale. Maybe by then the modding community will have worked up a nice bit of magic.

They already have. There are mods that fix everything you guys are complaining about.

As much as the mods do, but this is just plain wrong

Not a SINGLE MOD can add new missions, or fix the infinite spawning (and often right on top or in your face) enemies.

Haven't played (or looked for mods) for a year, but this mod does the latter: https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/7

Mar 22, 2021, 06:19
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 22, 2021, 06:19
Mar 22, 2021, 06:19

They already have. There are mods that fix everything you guys are complaining about.

As much as the mods do, but this is just plain wrong

Not a SINGLE MOD can add new missions, or fix the infinite spawning (and often right on top or in your face) enemies.

Mar 22, 2021, 05:12
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 22, 2021, 05:12
Mar 22, 2021, 05:12

No they have not. They can't fix the lacklustre and uninspiring copy paste missions that make this play like MW:O with bots.

Mar 21, 2021, 23:02
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 21, 2021, 23:02
Mar 21, 2021, 23:02

Mar 21, 2021, 22:52
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 21, 2021, 22:52
Mar 21, 2021, 22:52

Mar 21, 2021, 21:36
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 21, 2021, 21:36
Mar 21, 2021, 21:36

Yeah. I feel like there were some really good people at PGI in the beginning, who set Mechwarrior Online up on really solid ground. Then they must have left the company, because for years the patches for that game have at best been treading water, sometimes making the game better and sometimes making it worse. And, obviously, MW5 was a complete mess despite being in development for some time.

It's surprising because PGI's president clearly has a real love for Battletech, and the company has fought long and hard for the game (including in court against Harmony Gold, for the rights to older mechs). They are just incompetent at actually making a good game.

Mar 21, 2021, 21:23
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 21, 2021, 21:23
Mar 21, 2021, 21:23

Doubtful and that bums me out. When this suddenly appeared on Game Pass, a friend and I were stoked to try it out. 15 hours in and we were bored stiff because of all the reasons you mentioned. It was just the same stuff over and over again and the grind was insane. I think we'd done like 3 story missions and there were tons left but you just had to grind the samey side missions for hours and hours and hours to get anywhere. We gave up and it really bummed us out because we loved the series. Pirahna did such a weak job with it.
Parallax Abstraction
Twitch | YouTube | Podcast

Mar 21, 2021, 18:52
Re: MW5: Mercenaries & DLC Coming to Steam and GOG.COM in May Mar 21, 2021, 18:52
Mar 21, 2021, 18:52

Is this the edition that makes the game fun (specifically the lousy AI, the bottomless supply of tanks and helicopters... because I play a mech game to blow up tanks, the uninspired missions, and the total lack of the feel of a giant mech)?
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older