Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June

The official announcement has rolled out for Necromunda: Hired Gun, the Warhammer 40K first-person shooter mentioned earlier today. This reveals PC is indeed one of the game's target platforms, and that the release is expected on June 1st. Here's the Reveal Trailer and here are the details:
Focus Home Interactive and Streum On Studio are delighted to announce a thrilling new FPS based in the Warhammer 40,000 universe: Necromunda: Hired Gun! Set in Games Workshop’s infamous dystopian cityscape of Necromunda, where gangs battle for survival in a nightmare underhive, Necromunda: Hired Gun is expected to launch on June 1, 2021, for PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC.

Developed by the passionate indie team of Warhammer 40,000 diehards at Streum On Studio (makers of Space Hulk: Deathwing), Necromunda: Hired Gun is fast-paced and brutal, giving you endless options for engaging your enemies. Wall-run, double-jump, and use your wrist-mounted grappling hook to rush, disarm, and evade enemies. And then there’s the upgrades -- everything from your brain to legs and even your pet dog can be enhanced as you earn money from contracts.

Your cyber-mastiff is your only true companion -- half-dog, half-robot, and fully ready to strike in exchange for treats. Your canine friend can warn you of enemies and insta-kill them with a bite to the neck, so keep him healthy in return with the best augments money can buy!
View : : :
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June
Mar 19, 2021, 13:18
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 19, 2021, 13:18
Mar 19, 2021, 13:18

That hook! That dog companion! Fucking ace! This looks like DOOM 2016 meets Rage 2 meets Bullet Storm. They probably won't deliver. It'll probably, somehow, ooze budget quality. But fuck it, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Mar 19, 2021, 11:30
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 19, 2021, 11:30
Mar 19, 2021, 11:30

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 19, 2021, 04:21:
Forget what most critics said about it, EYE was awesome. Yeah it was a low budget, rough around the edges indie game on the Source engine 7 years later, AND had its cyberpunk FPS/RPG thunder stolen by the return of Deus Ex a month after it came out, lol. Most people didn't see past that, but as usual with a diamond in the rough, the gameplay was way more ambitious than anything we've seen AAA games in that genre do, even almost a decade later with CP2077.

I haven't played Deathwing, but that looked to me like pretty bog-standard Space Marine stuff, ponderously trotting down narrow corridors with your heavy weapons... What I'm seeing here is reminding me a lot of what EYE played like, with lots of speed and traversal options and a wide range of weaponry and abilities to choose from. Almost like a spiritual successor they were able to fit into a licensed setting, we'll see.

I have E.Y.E. also, I've been messing with it finally since I heard about Necromunda. It's got some great ideas, but the UI is an attack on humanity. And yes, it's low budget/moddish, but it was their first game, I believe. That's kinda why I have high hopes for Necromunda, EYE is ambitious as hell, Deathwing was sorta bleh but looked gorgeous, hopefully they have their shit together now for this third game, along with the license it sure feels like they wish they had for EYE. I'll be keeping tabs on Necromunda, and it's only going to be a few months until it comes out, and we find out what's it really like anyway.

Mar 19, 2021, 11:03
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 19, 2021, 11:03
Mar 19, 2021, 11:03

Bumpy wrote on Mar 19, 2021, 10:48:
Forget what most critics said about it, EYE was awesome. Yeah it was a low budget, rough around the edges indie game on the Source engine 7 years later, AND had its cyberpunk FPS/RPG thunder stolen by the return of Deus Ex a month after it came out, lol. Most people didn't see past that, but as usual with a diamond in the rough, the gameplay was way more ambitious than anything we've seen AAA games in that genre do, even almost a decade later with CP2077.

Totally agree.
EYE is an amazing game. It really allows you think and allows you to be creative. You can play it on pure twitch if you want or play it as a thinking mans shooter. Highly recommend.
Not sure how that missed my radar. It looks right down my alley. Thanks!
E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy release trailer

"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov

Mar 19, 2021, 10:48
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 19, 2021, 10:48
Mar 19, 2021, 10:48

Totally agree.
EYE is an amazing game. It really allows you think and allows you to be creative. You can play it on pure twitch if you want or play it as a thinking mans shooter. Highly recommend.

Mar 19, 2021, 08:58
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 19, 2021, 08:58
Mar 19, 2021, 08:58

I hope this is good , it looks like it could be. FPS + Warhammer should be an easy winner
..but yeah with this Dev , I'll have to wait on reviews.

Mar 19, 2021, 06:42
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 19, 2021, 06:42
Mar 19, 2021, 06:42

I haven't played Deathwing, but that looked to me like pretty bog-standard Space Marine stuff, ponderously trotting down narrow corridors with your heavy weapons... What I'm seeing here is reminding me a lot of what EYE played like, with lots of speed and traversal options and a wide range of weaponry and abilities to choose from. Almost like a spiritual successor they were able to fit into a licensed setting, we'll see.

Stay away from Deathwing. It's absolute shite. They didn't even get the massively overepowered and heavy feeling of Terminator armor right. It's a huge letdown, and I'm the biggest 40K fan there is. (I also loved the original Space Hulk FPS and it's sequel Vengeance of the Blood Angels)

Mar 19, 2021, 06:36
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 19, 2021, 06:36
Mar 19, 2021, 06:36

I am interested in anything thing Warhammer and am watching this one closely.

I saw a video of someone playing a review copy and it looked great, but he reviewer was pissed about something even though I could not see anything in the video that supported it.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! - HT

Mar 19, 2021, 04:21
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 19, 2021, 04:21
Mar 19, 2021, 04:21

Mar 19, 2021, 03:57
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 19, 2021, 03:57
Mar 19, 2021, 03:57

bigspender wrote on Mar 18, 2021, 21:49:
Deathwing sucked so hopefully this is better

Yeah, Deathwing was a huge letdown after all the hype. I was expecting either a decent tactical sequel to Space Hulk 2, or Left 4 Dead in WH40K glory. I got, well....I dunno exactly what I got, but it definitely wasn't my money's worth. I'll be waiting for reviews and word of mouth before going anywhere near this.

Mar 19, 2021, 02:31
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 19, 2021, 02:31
Mar 19, 2021, 02:31

From the same developers:
E.Y.E -> 61% on Metacritic
Space Hulk -> 58% on Metacritic

Mar 18, 2021, 21:49
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 18, 2021, 21:49
Mar 18, 2021, 21:49

Deathwing sucked so hopefully this is better

Mar 18, 2021, 20:29
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 18, 2021, 20:29
Mar 18, 2021, 20:29

What the... am I having a stroke?

I thought we just had a thread on this, now I can't even see it on Bluesnews. Time to search post history.

Allow me to reiterate: I am interested in this game, hopefully it turns out amazing. I'm tempted to buy it on the videos alone, also there is a 15% discount currently.

Mar 18, 2021, 19:45
Re: Necromunda: Hired Gun for PC in June Mar 18, 2021, 19:45
Mar 18, 2021, 19:45

Is it just me or is that super twitchy?
"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older